Forum: Guard / Color Guard

What was your show this past season?
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Wed Mar 07, 2007 08:00 AM

We did a "Led Zeppelin" show. I loved it, but some people hated it. We did "Kasmir" for the opener, "Stairway To Heaven" for the ballod and "When The Levvy Brraks" for the closer. It was so much fun doing work to songs that we've all heard before. So what was your show and did you hate it or love it??

20 Replies to What was your show this past season?

re: What was your show this past season?
By ghilliegirl1592member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 07, 2007 01:03 PM
This season our show is a medly of "Queen" songs. We start with "We will rock you" then go into "Bicycle Race" then "Bohemian Rhapsidy" and end with "Somebody to Love". Our show is a blast, so much fun to preform, however it does get rather exhausting doing run throughs over and over again at practice because it is a rather long show with lots of running around.
By SpinandDance
On Fri Mar 09, 2007 06:54 AM
We only had a winterguard for one year due to issues with our coach. However, our marching show was Moulin Rouge. We did routines to "Sparkling Diamonds" (Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend), "One Day I'll Fly Away", and "Rhythm of the Night". My favorite song was "Rhythm", because the drumline made up a solo. We got to choreograph the entire thing, and it turned out great!
By Munki03
On Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:29 AM
I coach at a school whose show was called "Cartoon Mania". They performed spongebob square pants, the simpsons, the looney tunes morning song, and the theme song for looney tunes. Oh, but in a different order, whatever. lol. At the University of Kansas we had a lot of shows, which is very common for college. Such as: Thriller/ABC, Ray Charles, Gloria Estefan Miami Sound Machine. Thriller was definetly my favorite, and the crowd loved it!
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 15, 2007 08:01 PM
I did none, not enough people showed up for us to have one :(
By eliteathlete92
On Sun Mar 18, 2007 06:39 PM
None. :( My school doesnt have a marching band.
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 24, 2007 09:07 AM
Buddy Rich Mix
a jazz show
It was fun and the songs are practically embedded into my head from listening to them over and over again.
By dancetilyadropx3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:01 PM
Ours was an american tradition! I didnt like it :( the music was not very good ! But we got a 1 at states :)
our show last year was better the Lord of The DANCE!
By EvilQueenLu
On Thu Mar 29, 2007 02:05 PM
ours was Eleanor Rigby, by the Beetles, but it was extremely difficult to perform it because of the fact that it was a really sad song... our show from last year was a combination of Seasons of Love and I'll Cover You from the Rent soundtrack.
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Mon Apr 16, 2007 08:07 PM
that sounds so cool...I've always thought that a Harry Potter themed show would be awesome
By rockthistown61
On Tue Apr 17, 2007 02:10 PM
My guards show was "seven' by prince, It was really good...it got remixed to have like an indian background music. It was very cool.
By kristyali
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 04:31 PM
Our winter guard show was "Back to You" by John Mayor. It wasn't as upbeat as I would have liked, but it was a really pretty show. We got 3rd at finals. Very exciting!
By tbjmh
On Sat Apr 28, 2007 08:59 PM
Edited by tbjmh (128583) on 2007-04-28 21:00:07
for fall we did songs from quidam in cirgue du solei and lost by 0.05 then in winter we did incantaion from cirque du solei and we won.
By I_luv_2spin
On Sun Apr 29, 2007 04:54 PM
Our show was "ocean sized love". It was fabulous. we had an aqua blue floor with purple, white, and blue "waves" painted on it. It was so beautiful
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Mon Apr 30, 2007 07:10 AM
omg word has leaked that our show next year will be a "Toyland" show or something like that....the guard will be Barbies...i swear i will die. lol it may be a joke though. we find out thursday
By thats_so_hot95
On Wed May 09, 2007 01:19 AM
Echano!
By guardislife89
On Fri May 25, 2007 08:23 PM
We did the Beatles for marching band. It was horrible. I never want to hear "Hey Jude" ever again. For winter we did "In Her Eyes" by Josh Groban. It was a pretty good show.
By dancer16_90
On Thu May 31, 2007 05:19 PM
Well my freshman year we did "The Dark Side of the Rainbow" It was a mix of Pink Floyd music and music from The Wizard of Oz. It was great. My Sophomore year we did "X" The six different movements began with the "X" sound. (Exclamation, Explosion, Exuastion, etc.) This upcoming year we are doing a chow caled "Machines." I can't wait
By rachelilymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 22, 2007 09:41 AM
our show was "tommy", by "the who". it was a pretty fun show, except we had these ugly velvet blue leggings and tops so we basically looked like velveteen smurfs [thats what my boyfriend called us, how sweet of him].

each football game we send over our seniors and band instructor to meet the seniors and instructor of the other band and guard. our instructer told them what our show was, and when we asked them what theirs was, they said, "tommy".

the audience had to deal with the same music back to back [but very different marching and guard work] but after the game, the two bands got together and we played each of our songs, together, and it was so much fun! :)
By TooeleRifleNerd
On Fri Jun 22, 2007 03:22 PM
For our Field show we did Mangoine Magic witch was a compilation of Chuck Mangoine songs it was really jazzy. For Winterguard we did "All that Jazz" from "Chicago" it was a blast. At my school we really like Jazz music.
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 09:25 AM
update!! Our show this upcoming year is going to be Justice League!!! We're doing Batman, Justice League theme song, Super Friends theme song, Wonder Woman, and Superman. I cant wait to see what the new guard work is going to be like. We also got a new instructor, he's awesome!! yay!

ReplySendWatch