Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Tutus on Tour!
By Merfi
On Wed Mar 07, 2007 09:04 PM

Who's going to see Tutus on Tour? I went to see it last night at the Telstra Clear stadium, and I LOVED IT!
I especially enjoyed Equilibrium and Raymonda Variations.
Anyone else going/has gone?

14 Replies to Tutus on Tour!

re: Tutus on Tour!
By kiwi_ballerina
On Thu Mar 08, 2007 07:15 PM
I'm going this evening, can't wait! Looks like theyve got some good stuff this time around, love Tutus on Tour :)
By lesha_13
On Fri Mar 09, 2007 02:41 PM
Im going when they come to Hawkes Bay. Ive heard its absolutely fantastic! My favourite ballet yet has definately been dracula!
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Sat Mar 10, 2007 01:08 AM
I usually love tutus on tour. Even if one piece is boring, the rest are usually ok!

Unfortunately, thi year, I was totally slack (and skint) so I didn't go.
By VenaCavaPremium member
On Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:10 PM
I went in Hamilton, and I thought is was amazing! The Concerto Pas De Deux was breathtaking, so simple and elegant, Equilibrium was so passionate and different from anything else I've seen before and Raymonda was of course, great (especially the woman who danced Raymonda, so full of passion and depth, especially on the solo with the claps). I was sitting with the girls in my ballet class and we did Raymonda as our huge ballet piece last year, so we were obviously excited and we got really really excited when they played pieces that we danced to, or knew the steps to. I enjoyed it more than any other tutus on tour I've been to, but I generally enjoy them because you always get such a variety of styles and music.

I now have my two new idols of the RNZB: Chantelle Kerr (From Concerto Pas De Deux) and Abigail Boyle (Raymonda).

If anyone has a programme, can you agree with me that the picture of Alana Baird in the Pas de Quatre section is superbly unflattering? The dress from the back akes her body look short, and her left hand is doing something strange. I've seen her dance before and she is fantastic and gorgeous, but the photo doesn't do her justice.

Also, they were selling posters of past ballets, 3 for 50c and I got Coppelia, Saltarello, A Million Kisses to My Skin, then I went back and got Madame Butterfly.
By prettypinkpointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:28 AM
Loverly: The Duet was AMAZING!!!
But my favourite dancers were Chantelle Kerr, and Qi Huan... He was soooo good!!!!
By Merfi
On Thu Mar 15, 2007 03:01 AM
Lov_er_ly- you're so lucky to have gotten those posters! I want some! *whines* Last time I went to Tutus on Tour they had posters for sale, but they didn't this time. :(
By mascara_tearsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 24, 2007 08:06 PM
I didn't go when they came to Dunedin but our ballet class was invited to come along beforehand to watch them do a warm-up class it was really interesting!
By lesha_13
On Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:45 PM
Im going on monday! I'm really looking foward to it! :)
By lesha_13
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 05:14 PM
The ballet rocked!!! The first piece was beautiful and then the contemporary was plain inspirational!!
By BALLETBARBiiE
On Sat May 12, 2007 07:26 PM
I didnt go to the show but my sister did she got the last ticket which was a box seat up in Kerikeri.

BUT. our whole ballet school got to go watch them rehearse and warmup ect. Very good !!!
I also took a friend along lol, she was suprised by how much muscle the guys had. Also that one guy who jumped to pluto and back while the rest were jumping to the moon!!!

HEheh.
Jasmin x o O o x
By lesha_13
On Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:13 PM
Did anyone go and see Swan Lake? Im eager to go and see Cinderella!
By VenaCavaPremium member
On Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:43 PM
RNZB Swan Lake isn't coming to Hamilton, but I'm going to the Russian (I think it's Russian anyway) version and I'll probably go to Cinderella, as long as it comes to Hamilton
By Ballet_Dancer77member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 15, 2007 07:28 PM
Edited by Ballet_Dancer77 (18298) on 2007-06-15 19:34:30
I went and saw it in Rotorua, and really enjoyed it...Got to catch up with some of the company afterwards (I studied at the same school as Abigail Boyle right before she joined the company) hehe shes a good friend of mine, its so crazy to see her mentioned by someone as one of their new "idols" in the company...anywho was a great show! Catcha later!

Kaela.
By balletbabe4eva
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 04:17 PM
i missed it but i saw swan lake and im seeing giselle !!!! i cant wait its saints petersberg theyre meant to be really good has any one seen them before

ReplySendWatch