Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Pheonix 2007
By lesha_13
On Fri Mar 09, 2007 02:47 PM

Is anybody going to be attending the AJDA Pheonix workshops this year? They will be in Wellington and Hamilton but unfortunately the christchurch workshop has been cancelled. They will be here in April and i went last yearand loved it so much!

29 Replies to Pheonix 2007

re: Pheonix 2007
By VenaCavaPremium member
On Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:12 PM
I'm hopefully going to the Hamilton one... I haven't been to one before, but I've heard great things so I'm really excited!
By prettypinkpointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:26 AM
Ive gone every year!!!
It is sooo much fun, im going to the Hamilton one...
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 14, 2007 04:31 AM
I was just about to post this, hehe.

I'm going to the Hamilton one. I'm so excited! We should all keep an eye out for each other, it would be awesome to meet DNN people :D
By lesha_13
On Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:11 PM
I agree with SiyoNqoba! We should all have lunch together or sumthing? What grade are you entering? i will probably be in intermediate! My favourite class last year was definitly FUNK! :)
By Merfi
On Thu Mar 15, 2007 03:04 AM
I'll be going to the Hamilton one, too. I haven't been before, but I'll probably be in the Intermediate level, too.
On Mon Mar 19, 2007 02:22 AM
I'm doing intermediate too! Hehe
By Merfi
On Fri Mar 23, 2007 09:00 PM
Guys who went last year, or in previous years, can you share your experiences of it on this thread? What the classes were like, the other students, the teaching, the fun?
By lesha_13
On Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:24 PM
Pheonix was awsum! I liked the funk class especially because its not available here so it was new and different. The warm up on the second day pushed me as it consisted of ab holds with him counting down from sixty and crunches, pressups etc...
I personally had a great time!
On Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:37 PM
What do people wear?

I know it's a stupid question, but I'm getting all nervous lol.
By lesha_13
On Sat Mar 31, 2007 04:21 PM
Last year i just wore my Jazz bootlegs and a pair of black 'active' pants that we brought from the warehouse!! they actually were really good! and just a muscle back singlet etc.. but its so much fun! theres nothing to be nervous about! :)
By Merfi
On Tue Apr 03, 2007 03:25 AM
Oh, and along the same lines as that, for the ballet class, did people wear ballet gear, or just stay in their jazz shoes etc?
By lesha_13
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 05:04 PM
Some people changed into their ballet shoes and some just stayed in their jazz ones. It all depends on what you feel like wearing. Some people did it in bare feet!!
By Merfi
On Wed Apr 18, 2007 07:20 PM
Wow, I'm getting all hyped up! Only two days to go!
By Merfi
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 02:54 AM
Tick, tick, boom.
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 04:22 AM
haha... wow that whole thing was awesome wasn't it? I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to walk tomorrow when I get up though. I loved the lyrical best out of all the dances, but they were all really awesome. SiyoNqoba I am 100% percent positive that I saw you, in fact I think we even talked a little, but I was uh... quite shy and I didn't say anything about DDN *blush*
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 03:55 PM
My stomach is STILL burning from the warm-up yesterday!

Lo_ver_ly, I think I saw you too! I was like "Do I mention DDN? Or will she think I'm a freak?" lol.

Was anyone in the 'Dancing With The Stars' thing?

Oh, and wasn't little 92 just the cutest thing in the world?

Tick, tick, boom!
By Merfi
On Mon Apr 23, 2007 02:17 AM
Yay! Soooo much fun! I couldn't actually do much of anything at my jazz class this evening. I was too sore!

I wasn't in any of the 'Dance with the Stars' items. I was number 91, if anybody wants to know! :D

What we should have done was put up a sign saying 'DDN members, meet up here!!!' Then we could have had a great big ol' discussion without worrying that other people would think we were weird. :P
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:55 AM
Yeah, next year we totally have to meet up!

It's crazy, like, we were all dancing in the same room.
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 04:49 AM
Now I'm on a hunt for the songs we used... I've been jotting down any lyrics I can remember so I can go and search for them. So far I've only tracked down the lyrical (which is "The Letting Go" by Melissa Etheridge in case anyone was interested lol), but I'm keen to find the others... does anyone remember any lyrics that might be helpful?
By Merfi
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 05:00 AM
Hmmm.... the only one that comes to mind is 'funk it up' from the jazz dance. Sorry that wasn't very helpful.
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 04:15 PM
The jazz one, I'm pretty sure, is by Aillene Bullock and is called 'Funkier Then A Mosquito's Tweeter' (who would have thought? Lol).

The funk one is called 'We're Coming Home,' and is by the Rogue Traders.

Good luck with the ballet and hip hop lol. All I remember from the hip hop one is "Show me what you're working with."
On Tue May 01, 2007 04:24 AM
I'm still hunting for the hiphop song, but the jazz song is "Funkier Than A Mosquito's Tweeter" by Nikka Costa and the ballet (I'm seriously not sure how I found this one) is "Jeux D'Enfants" by Cirque de Soleil (Alegria Soundtrack)... I don't think I'm going to have too much luck with the hiphop, but I did, by some miraculous luck, find the ballet song I guess, so, there's always hops :)
By Merfi
On Sun May 06, 2007 12:55 AM
Thanks, Lo_ver_ly for figuring that out! Time for me to go on Limewire! :)
By Buggalugs
On Sun May 06, 2007 11:57 PM
I went along too. Thought it was awesome! I especially loved Adam Parson's classes - I can't believe he only started dancing when he was 26! I even went up to him and had a chat after class. He said that soon his choreography and stuff will be available to download on the internet. How cool is that!
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch