Forum: Arts / Religion

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Inter-faith round table
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4729, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 AM
Edited by maureensiobhan (80481) on 2009-04-10 10:24:59
If you look at it, every single one of the world's religious faiths has a common thread, that of a divine higher being who created heaven and earth, and all of the plant and animal life on this planet. Therfore, I don't think there is one religious faith that is superior to all of the rest.

I would like someone to explain to me, too, why in the church, one minute, we're taught about a peaceful, ever-loving God, but in the next breathe, we're taught about God's terrible vengeance against sinners. We're taught about how a peaceful, ever-loving God made us in His image. We human beings are certainly not peaceful and ever-loving. It makes me think then that God can be a rather belligerent God. I think even God demands that we make a compromise. He will show us love, but only after we make the first move to show Him love.

Here is my thought as on the ever-living spirit: when a dear family member or friend dies, we will always remember that person and what he/she did. I think the memory of that person is that person's spirit. Since we pass that memory down to the next generation by telling the next generation about that person, and then that generation passes that memory on down to the generation, and so on, that person's spirit is ever-living. I think that if we find ourselves remembering, for the most part, the good things that person did, then that person is in heaven. If we find ourselves remembering, for the most, the bad things that person did, then that person is in hell.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch