Forum: Guard / Color Guard

Swing Flags
By ballet_jazz_tap
On Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 PM

I was wondering how those of you who use swing flags make them. I've heard of people using shorter metal poles, but when I used them, we just used thin PVC piping. Also, do you weight them?

12 Replies to Swing Flags

re: Swing Flags
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 20, 2007 04:32 PM
There are so many different ways to make swing flags. Some of them use a baton, some use a pole (doesn't matter what the pole's made out of), some have a chain instead of a pole, and some don't have anything - just a weight sewn into the end of the flag.

And they come in a huge range of sizes, too. They can be really tiny or really big. You generally don't need to weight swing flags because you can't spin them anyway.
By dancetilyadropx3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 22, 2007 07:13 AM
Our guard used chain ones. But those were getting old so we just made a bunch of swing flags out of PVC piping.
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 24, 2007 09:02 AM
^ Yeah my guard madde ours out of PVC piping as well.
They work pretty good.
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Apr 08, 2007 05:25 PM
we make ours using wooden dowels, they work really well they even toss pretty well which I was impressed with
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Mon Apr 16, 2007 08:02 PM
our guard used PVC pipes too...and our flags were huge!! lol the band got mad at us because when it was raining, the flags would sling water all over them. haha
By rockthistown61
On Tue Apr 17, 2007 02:15 PM
Our guard made swing flags out of wooden dowels, and recently we started using swing flags on chains.....
By kristyali
On Sat Apr 21, 2007 03:29 PM
The swing flags we use are made out of the more durable PVC pipe and are about 4 1/2 ft long. The recent trend is to make the swing flag huge for a better effect. The silk is as long or longer as a regular 6ft pole flag.
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Mon Apr 30, 2007 07:24 AM
i think it wiuld be so cool to use chains...i would totally hurt myself in the beginning though. haha
By dancetilyadropx3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 27, 2007 07:51 PM
^^ yeah it was cool using chains but i did hit myself with the chain a few times it kinda hurt lol!
By dancer16_90
On Thu May 31, 2007 05:44 PM
Well we use professional swing poles. They have a rubber handle on the bottom and a removable plastic stopper on the top. they are very dangerous though. I hit a girl in the head and gave her a concusion. I told her multple times that she was in the wrong place. Our sponsor would continuw to nag me because I didn't do my moves full out. So I got tired of it all and did my move full out and hit her in the head. She never missed that sopt again.
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 09:42 AM
^^ lol! I used to hit my boyfriend in the head with my swing flags every show...and once the silk caught him in the eye. LOL!
By chathura1001
On Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:29 PM
Edited by chathura1001 (372871) on 2021-07-05 22:32:23
Edited by chathura1001 (372871) on 2021-07-05 22:34:01
Because of high cost of living, more and more people are looking how to earn money without investing on the internet. But, most of the internet money making ideas are scams. So, the best way finding any legitimate ways to make extra income. My suggestion is to do transcription jobs. I saw an advertisement saying that the free transcription jobs from home for beginners are available at OJCircle. It will be helpful to those, who need to make extra money online.

ReplySendWatch