Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Everything you want to know about Bare Escentuals (many pictures included)!!
By Naoisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1463, member since Tue Apr 20, 2004
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 08:57 PM
Are there any african-american BE users on this board that can share their experience with this product? I want to get it, but don't know if it'll look right. I think I saw an african-american girl on the informercial, but she didn't have much to cover in the first place. I want to see if it covers the darkers scars that us darker skinned people tend to get.

Great post, btw!
re: Everything you want to know about Bare Escentuals (many pictures included)!!
By GrinsPremium member Comments: 3429, member since Sat May 08, 2004
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 PM
tiny_dancer, you deserve millions of karma for this post [and T as well ;) ]. I have had soooo much trouble trying to find foundation/blusher etc. that is right for my skin. The only problem with this thread is that it has made me WANT Bare Minerals and they don't sell it in Australia :(

T, you mentioned that you have dry, sensitive skin; I'm in the same group! Because it is a powder, do you find that it kind of falls into the creases, and makes your skin look drier? That's just something that I have noticed with other powders and I was curious if that happened with this!

*is still drooling over their website*
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 09:52 PM
^Thanks! :) I totally didn't mean to jump all over the post, I'm just excited to talk about it. :) I totally want to work for Bare Escentuals one day. lol!

I actually tried Bare Minerals once, in 2005, and HATED IT! It settled into lines I didn't even know I had! I was like "Ooh, what is this awful stuff?!"

And took it back.

Last Christmas, I bought it again. I have a way better skin care routine now then I did at the time, and I don't notice it setteling at all - even after hours of use, when normal foundation would settle in, and look gross, I don't have any problems like that.

t
By Tittlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2101, member since Sun Jun 19, 2005
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:58 PM
^hehehe me too Theresa! I am actually applying to work at the Bare Escentuals store in my hometown when I get home from university (assuming time permits with the the extra classes I'm taking at my community college). THe store is such a cool place!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:21 PM
^You have a store? Jealous!

I sent my resume in to them. I am wildly underqualified for the position I applied for, so, no suprise, I didn't hear back.

But, the artist that did the class that I went to has a bachelors degree in clinical psychology, so it's not like they're looking for nothing but makeup artists.

t
By Tittlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2101, member since Sun Jun 19, 2005
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:57 PM
yes and it is the most beautiful store EVER! It has chandeliers (sp?) hung from the ceiling and it is a light peach color. The lighting is beautiful inside and there are tables set up with just about every product they make on them for customers to try. The people who work there are always showing people how to apply the products. I have never seen it PACKED. Sometimes they even have champagne and jor de vours (I know I totally butchered that spelling haha)!
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4495, member since Sun Mar 20, 2005
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:34 PM
WOW. You were pretty without the makeup...but you are seriously drop dead gorgeous with it! I have been sorta considering getting some Bare Essentials...you've definately persuaded me! I'm going to look into that when I get my next paycheck!

Wonderful post, thanks for taking the time to put it together!
By Sweet_E99 Comments: 950, member since Fri Jan 18, 2002
On Thu May 10, 2007 02:54 PM
i just got my starter kit today in the mail and i must say .. i think iam in love!!! i hate wearing foundation because i could never find one that looked right or lasted (i have oily skin) but i have a feeling ill be wearing this stuff everyday! thanks for the post, very helpful and it finally convinced me to order it. im now broke.. hahha.. but super happy!
By maple333 Comments: 154, member since Mon Feb 19, 2007
On Mon May 14, 2007 08:29 PM
I am sooooo glad that you posted this, because I just bought my starter kit today. I need to go back tomorrow and pick up the sparkle mineral veil and a few brushes. When I first put on the makeup myself after my shower, I was really skeptical and thought I made a huge mistake. But after I finished applying it, I just had this "glow" that was never there before. Who knew that powder could cover up so much redness and blemishes? Tiny Dancer, thank you...truly! I am throwing away all of my horrible old makeup, I can't even look at it anymore.
Question for those who do have BE: When using the undereye makeup, does it help you to wet the brush? I tried this and it made the coverage way too light. So I just applied it dry and it worked fine!
On Mon May 14, 2007 09:41 PM
Maple333-I am glad you are loving your BE! To answer your question--no I never wet the brush. I find it works great without it, and I can imagine wetting it would make it more transparent. Do you use the maximum coverage brush for the under eye concealer? If not, I recommend it.
On Mon May 14, 2007 10:13 PM

Question for those who do have BE: When using the undereye makeup, does it help you to wet the brush? I tried this and it made the coverage way too light. So I just applied it dry and it worked fine!

I've never even thought of wetting the brush. I can't imagine that that'd do anything but make the coverage too light. Hmm.

I put on my old liquid foundation not to long ago, and my face started itching, and it was just like...ick. I started picking at my face, and I was like 'Eww, get me out of here!" One of my clogging students uses BE too, and she said the same thing happened to her! lol!
By maple333 Comments: 154, member since Mon Feb 19, 2007
On Wed May 16, 2007 08:44 PM
The lady who did my colors said wetting the brush keeps the concealer on longer. But ick, I did not like it wet! It looked like thin paint lol. Anyways, my picture day at ballet was yesterday and I wanted to tear my face off from all of the horrible liquid concealer and blush UGH.
On Wed May 16, 2007 09:48 PM
Edited by Theresa (28613) on 2007-05-16 21:48:52 edit, schmedit!
You can put it on different ways, which is what she was trying to say, I think. Like, you can wet the shadows, and it will make them more intense. But i know that with sponges, if you went the sponge, it will make the coverage more sheer. So, if your interested in experimenting, try wetting the product. That might be worth something.

Just for fun, here's a before and after picture of me:

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/picture.jpg'

So, like you can see - it's still very natural. It's me, but better!
By emickola03 Comments: 211, member since Tue Feb 03, 2004
On Fri Jun 22, 2007 08:38 AM
I really want to buy this stuff now after reading all of this! I have one question though how does it hold up through out the day? At the end of the day does it still look like you have make-up on?
On Fri Jun 22, 2007 01:39 PM
Yes, it lasts. As long as you aren't walking to work in a downpour or running a marathon you will still look great.
By dancinqt5013member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3865, member since Wed Aug 17, 2005
On Sat Jun 23, 2007 09:20 PM
Yeah, I got my make-up done proffesionally for a photo-shoot one time and all they used was bare essentials. It felt loke I was wearing no make-up at all, but it made my skin look so good.
By AtomicBlonde Comments: 42, member since Mon Jun 25, 2007
On Mon Jun 25, 2007 09:18 PM
Thank you SO MUCH, tiny_dancer_x0, for making this thread. I went out and bought myself a starter kit tonight after reading all of the glowing reviews, and I couldn't be happier! For those of you, like me, who are looking at tiny_dancer and Theresa's pics and thinking "Well, they look extra super BEAUTIFUL in their Bare Escentuals, but they already looked beautiful before!" let me tell you something...

...I have the worst skin EVER. Pimples, scars from pimples, scars from running into things, scars from picking at the scars from running into things, general redness, and my personal least-favorite at the moment: an oily t-zone and dry (flaking off dry) skin everywhere else. All in all, not beautiful. I've used SO many different products, trying to find something that gives me coverage for all of my issues while still looking natural. The results were abysmal -- I either looked cakey and gross or the coverage simply wasn't enough. I had really given up on foundation for the past six months. I read this thread, and decided to try this stuff that everyone was raving about. It goes on so nicely; it feels soft and natural; and the foundation alone covers all of my "imperfections," acting as a foundation, concealer, and powder all in one. I love it. Every time I walked by a mirror, I would look at my face and smile like an idiot because I had never seen my skin look so great. SO, for all of you ladies out there who aren't 100% satisfied with your makeup, get thee to a Sephora or Ulta, and at least try the foundation, warmth, and mineral veil, and see how you like it.

Again, thank you so much to tiny_dancer_x0 and Theresa for putting yourselves out there and recommending Bare Escentuals :)
By adageacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3982, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 02:14 PM
You're sure it really really works? I unfortunately don't have a Sephora or anything like that near me, and I don't want to spend a fortune on a new makeup that won't work for me (have tried plenty before that people swear are fantastic and I haven't liked them)... I do like the sound of this, but I'm still hesitant. Is there any kind of trial size you can get to test it before splurging for the full size products? I mean, for people like me who can't just go into a store and try it on at the counter?
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 02:39 PM
Um did you see my pictures?? Haha I mean i looked horrible without makeup compared to the after pictures. If that isn't enough proof then I don't know what is..

You could try buying it off of QVC. They offer lots of packages at a cheaper price than what you buy in stores.

Sorry I don't know what else to tell you. I put my completely naked face on the internet to prove my love for it..I hope I didn't do that for nothing!!!
By adageacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3982, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 03:08 PM
^ No no, not for nothing. The before/after pictures are really appreciated, and kudos to you for doing it (I hate to have pictures taken with no makeup!). But really, I thought you looked lovely before, without the makeup. Seriously. Not just being kind here, I genuinely thought that. Maybe I'm just too reluctant to try new products, but I have tried so many different foundations in the past and have always ended up dissatisfied. Guess I'll just have to try it and see.
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 03:42 PM
haha thanks. well if you decide to try it, good luck and i hope you like it :) !!!
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 04:13 PM
I find that by the end of the day, my eye makeup needs touching up, but I don't think a single brand exists that will get through an entire day, and not need freshening up!

If your wanting to see it live, but you don't want to shell out for the whole kit, check ebay. Alot of times people will sell Bare Minerals real cheap (compare against the prices at Sephora.com, or Ulta.com to make sure your really getting a deal), and sometimes, people do samples - where they put a bit of Bare Minerals powder into smaller containers, so you can try it. If you see auctions like that, read REAL careful, to make sure your actually getting Bare Minerals, and not like, the mineral makeup from the health food store up the road.

And, thanks for the compliments on the picture. ;) Honestly, my skin has improved since I started using Bare Minerals. After I had my son, I had hormonal acne that just wouldn't heal, and it healed practically overnight after switching to Bare Minerals. I'm kind of scared to try anything else!
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 08:33 AM
smileywoman enters this post singing: "karma, karma, karma!" :D

My Russian friend gave me part of her starter kit the day before I went on my anniversary trip. I had a tan and worried about my face getting whiter than my body while I was gone. The BE kit saved me! It had warmth and some SPF tan and a bunch of brushes.

Yesterday, I bought 12 different items on eBay to add to my kit. I had no foundation, eye shadows, concealer, SPF lip guard, and an eye brush.

I'm in love!
By emilytheprincess Comments: 1208, member since Thu Jan 12, 2006
On Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:44 AM
Wow. This past week or so I have been gung-ho about getting MAC foundation and make-up but this post makes me really want to try this! It looks awesome and all the stuff you guys say about it is definatly encouraging! I will definatly be trying this stuff out. Thanks so much for the post!

Emily
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10300, member since Mon May 06, 2002
On Wed Aug 01, 2007 08:51 AM
Where, oh where can I buy this stuff in the UK?! I haven't been make-up shopping in forever, so I don't know if we have it. Anyone know anything?
Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch