Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 3 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Everything you want to know about Bare Escentuals (many pictures included)!!
By Sweet_E99 Comments: 950, member since Fri Jan 18, 2002
On Sun Aug 19, 2007 05:00 PM
I'm officially addicted to this stuff.
i told myself i wouldn't splurge on eye stuff and whatnot .. just foundation type things
but when I was online looking for more mineral veil I wandered to the eye makeup and couldnt resist!
thanks ALOT for making me spend my money!

aha jk .. but actually thank you tinydancer because i LOVE this makeup!! :)
re: Everything you want to know about Bare Escentuals (many pictures included)!!
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10300, member since Mon May 06, 2002
On Thu Aug 23, 2007 04:49 AM
I've been using Bare Escentuals for a week now (I found somewhere to buy it!), and my skin looks FABULOUS.

I only got the starter kit though, and don't have any of the magic bisque stuff. The lady on the DVD assured me I could cover up zits and dark circles with what's in the starter kit, but... not so much. And does anyone else find the brushes to be REALLY scratchy?

I still have to wear my MAC stuff for work, but it literally feels like I'm painting my face. I also feel a bit guilty because my mum bought me some MAC brushes for my birthday, and I've hardly used them this week.
By Tittlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2101, member since Sun Jun 19, 2005
On Thu Aug 23, 2007 05:48 AM
if you wash the brushes they will be a lot softer, but i prefer slightly dirty brushes because i think they hold onto the makeup better and therefore it applies better to your face. but yes when they get especially dirty i think they can be scratchy.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:09 PM
Use the concealer brush, and your foundation. Works just as well as the bisque.
By punkgirl59 Comments: 4805, member since Wed Feb 13, 2002
On Fri Aug 31, 2007 02:06 PM
So this almost has me convinced to run out and buy some, I'm just about due for some new makeup and was ready to wander over to the MAC and Clinique counter over at the mall. But I'm assuming this stuff is better?

I work 12 hour shifts and for the first few hours my makeup looks great...by the time I leave every bit of it is melting down my face and I look like I got hit by a truck. My skin is fairly oily and the long shifts of running back and forth between floors of a huge hospital doesn't help. Does this stuff stay put pretty good? Or after 12 hours am I still going to look cakey and oily and disgusting?

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By contortionmylife Comments: 55, member since Tue Mar 13, 2007
On Fri Aug 31, 2007 08:15 PM
great post! very informative and now im off to the shops to buy bare essentials, nah jokes i cant afford it :(
By DancerJBH4member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 360, member since Sat Apr 22, 2006
On Tue Sep 04, 2007 08:34 AM
first off - karma for you!!! GREAT post!

I've been wanting to try this for some time but haven't yet. I have one question though. Do you need to use bisque to cover blemishes or can you just concentrate the foundation on those spots? Like how on the commercials they just use foundation to cover blemishes but i wanted to hear other people's opinions. Thanks! =]
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Sep 04, 2007 09:45 AM
^I take the maximum coverage concealer brush, and my regular foundation color, and apply the foundation to anywhere I need extra coverage. I have Bisque and Summer Bisque both, and I think I've used the Bisque once. I've never even opened the Summer Bisque.

You get the MCCB in the starter kit, so you don't even have to spend any extra for it.

t
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10300, member since Mon May 06, 2002
On Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:07 AM
I work 12 hour shifts and for the first few hours my makeup looks great...by the time I leave every bit of it is melting down my face and I look like I got hit by a truck. My skin is fairly oily and the long shifts of running back and forth between floors of a huge hospital doesn't help. Does this stuff stay put pretty good? Or after 12 hours am I still going to look cakey and oily and disgusting?

Heh, I know what you mean. I'm a waitress/barmaid, and by the end of my shift I'm usually a sweaty, greasy mess. My skin feels tons better with BE than it did with MAC. I sometimes felt like my face was melting in MAC, and with BE, I don't feel like that. The difference is that BE doesn't cover up your skin so much... it lets the natural shine come through a bit (but not so much you look totally oily - I have similar skin). I reapply the Mineral Veil every few hours, and it keeps everything pretty set in place, and most of the shine at bay.

And I've pretty much done away with the brushes, I gave the two bigger ones to my sister. I like my nice, soft MAC brushes better, and they seem to do as good a job as the BE ones.

Comment #6390785 deleted
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2007-09-04 15:55:57 off topic

By sophsterrmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1297, member since Thu Jun 23, 2005
On Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:58 AM
I was thinking about buying a starter kit but this post has basically convinced me. I am going to wait until the winter, when I start working again. However, I would like to try this out somewhere before I buy it. Can people actually try it out in sephora? Usually, the bare minerals stuff are all locked up in display boxes and I haven't seen any samples.

Another question is where should I buy my kit? I'm a broke college student and I need to get the best value for my money. The kit from sephora has the 2 foundations, mineral veil, 3 brushes, dvd, warmth, and the "skin rev-er upper" for $60 with free s&h. The TV offer has basically the same thing in addition to a light stroke brush, eyeshadow, and radiance but it doesn't have the "skin re-ver upper". It's also $60 with 10 dollars s&h. It also takes longer to arrive.

One more question. Since neither of them include bisque, is there any need to buy it? I have pretty sensitive combination skin with breakouts sometimes along my t-zone. It's not too bad but I feel bare without my concealer.

ps. your pictures are gorgeous!
On Fri Sep 07, 2007 06:48 PM
I'm not wild about the revver-upper. It smells kind of weird, I don't use it very often.

Can I just say also - $60 is insanely cheap! I only wish I'd known about this when I was over in the USA a couple of months ago. I paid £50 for my starter kit, which is the equivalent of $100. When I need to re-stock, I WILL find a way to buy it from America.
On Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 PM
Eeh, the kits are all pretty well the same.

I have the Skin Rev-er Upper, and it's really just a light moisturizer. I like it, but I can't say that I'd replace it when it runs out. :/ The Eye Rev-er Upper, I would replace though. That's nice, and the eye makeup goes on smoother with it.

Bisque, as I've said twice in the last week, is nice to have, but if your doing BE on a budget, you can get by without it. The maximum coverage concealer brush, and the foundation, and your good to go.
On Tue Sep 25, 2007 08:49 PM
Edited by Theresa (28613) on 2007-09-25 21:17:16 cake!
So, I just got this kit:

www.ulta.com . . .

Which contains, among other things, the AWESOME "Full Flawless Face Brush", which was worth the price of the kit by itself. It's got the coverage of the Handy Buki brush, but it's styled like the Flawless face brush, and it's AWESOME.

Anyway, I decided to play, and did a couple of looks. I was using my boyfriends camera that I'm not entirely familiar with, so there was a little camera issues (the first pic is kind of blurry)

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/makeup/face11.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/makeup/face12.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/makeup/face13.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/makeup/face21.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/makeup/face22.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/makeup/face23.jpg'

I have a new kit on the way this week - actually, it could be here as soon as tomorrow. That's fine - I just got my credit card taken away for spending too much money, and now look at me! lol!
On Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:58 PM
I just learned a new trick for concealing.

Take your primer, or moisturizer, (you only need like, a pencil point sized amount), use your foundation to make a paste, and conceal with that.

It's AWESOME!
By Eireannmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2412, member since Mon Sep 13, 2004
On Thu Oct 11, 2007 03:51 PM
Reply to a dead thread, but does anyone know where to get a hold of this stuff in Canada? I'm trying to treat my skin nicely lately, but I'm finding senior year university stress is making me itchy for a little coverage, especially in the under-eye region. If worse comes to worse, my parents are making their annual pilgrimage to Palm Springs after their cruise mid-November, and I could give my mother detailed instructions, but I'd really like to get my hands on it sooner. Any suggestions?
By rockthesocksmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 501, member since Fri Jul 08, 2005
On Thu Oct 11, 2007 04:30 PM
^Depending where you live..some Sephoras are popping up around Canada (so sweet!).

If you're like me and don't have a Sephora around you (and I guess if you can't find it anywhere else), I have ordered from Sephora's website before, and they were wonderful.
By HelloKittyLove Comments: 4, member since Fri Oct 05, 2007
On Sat Oct 20, 2007 02:57 PM
Wow, thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to get Bare Escentuals for a while, but it seemed so expensive to me that I was wondering whether it was worth the cost. Now I'm convinced to get it, I just have to save up the money for it. lol.
By sophsterrmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1297, member since Thu Jun 23, 2005
On Tue Oct 30, 2007 01:50 PM
I got to try some this weekend and I'm pretty much convinced. I wore it the entire day and didn't react to it. I'm starting to get one pimple but I think that's unrelated. My skin looked very even and amazing so now I'm just trying to decide which kit to get. I think it just basically comes down to the brushes.

They both have the flawless application face and concealer brush. The more expensive kit comes with Handy Buki and double seamless blending and the one from sephora has the full coverage kabuki. Out of those brushes, which one would you choose to get?
On Tue Oct 30, 2007 02:06 PM
The one with the Handy Buki.

The Full Coverage Kabuki and the Handy Buki give you the same coverage, but the Handy Buki is better to use - it's got a handle, so its user friendly. :D
On Wed Nov 07, 2007 03:03 PM
I was just closing up a couple of containers, and I noticed that one of my liners is only half full, and I've only worn it about four times. So, it's a factory blooper. That's annoying.
By Tittlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2101, member since Sun Jun 19, 2005
On Mon Nov 12, 2007 07:12 PM
Anyone watch QVC on saturday?? QVC is a huge distributor of BE and they often have special kits and stuff that you can only find on QVC. Well on saturday they had this Gold LUXE kit. All of the makeup had real gold flakes in it, and the colors will never be sold anywhere ever again except for in those kits they sold on saturday. I hope my mom got me one for christmas! I get a kit every year, so I hope she was watching on sat.

And also I highly recommend anyone wanting to try BE buy it from QVC. before it was sold in stores like sephora and ulta my sisters, mom, and I bought from QVC. THat is how we got started wearing it, actually. It is usually a lot cheaper that way, and Leslie, the owner and brains behind the company, is on the show a lot answering questions and such.
On Mon Nov 12, 2007 08:08 PM
^lol! I've had the Gold kit for weeks now. Hee!

It's so worth it. The colors are gorgeous!

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/miclogger/makeup/Picture063.jpg'

Me, with the gold kit on (with the exception of the lipstick. I don't have that on in the pic). So, so worth it.

It's sold out now, though. So, I hope she got you one for Christmas too!

t
By Sweet_E99 Comments: 950, member since Fri Jan 18, 2002
On Tue Nov 27, 2007 07:52 PM
Has anyone gotten the kit with DIAMONDS in it by any chance ??? i saw it was in awe .. haha
i think my sister mightve got it for my birthday/christmas!!!!

Comment #6650093 deleted

Page:
Page 3 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch