Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Everything you want to know about Bare Escentuals (many pictures included)!!
By Tittlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2101, member since Sun Jun 19, 2005
On Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:52 PM
yes you definitely can. I have slept with it on numerous occasions.
re: Everything you want to know about Bare Escentuals (many pictures included)!!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:59 AM
You shouldn't make a habit out of sleeping in any of your makeup, but you totally can. I do it all the time!
By CrayolaPremium member Comments: 1549, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Sun Apr 13, 2008 09:44 AM
Edited by Crayola (123552) on 2008-04-13 09:46:00
These products looks fantastic!! I want to try it! Could someone help me out on what to start out with?

I am looking at getting the:

Getting Started Kit ($75) Image hotlink - 'http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/BareEscentuals//36829K_gttngstartmed_D?wid=250&hei=250'

OR the TV Offer (S59.95) Image hotlink - 'http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aabd_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-BareMinerals-Site/Sites-baremd/default/v1207873812679/concept_retail/customers/c194/Starter_Kit/Starter_Kit_RolloverToMagnify/main_282x235.jpg'

For those of you that are experienced with BE, which kit would you recommend?

I was also thinking of getting the Beyond the Basics kit to compliment the starter kit.
Image hotlink - 'http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/BareEscentuals//38687K_beyondbasics_D?wid=250&hei=250'

Along with that I wanted to get the eyes starter kit. Image hotlink - 'http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/BareEscentuals//38970K_getstartedeyes_D?wid=250&hei=250'

Do you think that is too much? I read through this entire thread as well as the BE website, but I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the vast majority of products.
Is there anything else I should consider?

Could anyone offer some insight??

Thanks!
Erica :)
By Tittlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2101, member since Sun Jun 19, 2005
On Sun Apr 13, 2008 01:23 PM
well I can't really offer any advice on which starter kit to get because back when I first started with BE they didn't sell starter kits yet. From the looks of the pictures, I think I would choose the tv starter kit. Just because you have a nicer brush selection.

As for so many products. Yeah I know it can be overwhelming. But I can tell you that once you start buying you will become addicted and you can never have too much BE! I have so much I don't even know what to do with it!

As for the other two kits. Don't have those either, but I have seen them and if I could only get one I would choose the getting started with eyes kit, although the beyond the basics kit is fantastic as well. Personally I would invest in it all haha, but its ultimately your choice and how much your wallet can handle.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Apr 13, 2008 01:44 PM
I'd get the TV offer.

I have the Baby Buki brush (which is the smaller version of the Kabuki brush in the $75 kit), and I find it annoying because it's got no handle.

Not to mention, I've heard very poor reviews of the Flawless Face Case (the silver compact in the $75 kit).

The Beyond The Basics kit, I LOVE. It really is a great introduction to the world of BE, beyond what's in the getting started kit. It came out in 2006, and that year, my grandpa gave me $40 for christmas. I ran right out the next day and bought it. lol!

The Getting Started With The Eyes kit is great as well - it comes with a color called Vanilla Sugar, that I wear with everything. It's a great look, and comes with really complete instructions.

Remember with BE though, to keep your patience. Since it's all powders, it's a little bit like learning to use makeup all over again. And not everybody is patient enough to do it. It's so worth it!

I can't stop buying BE. I'm a total addict. Last time I counted how many shadows I've got, there was over 125. I'm such an addict!
On Sun Apr 13, 2008 02:37 PM
Thanks for the great info guys!! I tried to order the TV offer and I can't because it doesn't ship to Canada :(

I went to Sephora.com and I can get a starter kit, not the same one, but it's the same price. Anyways, when I went to checkout I clicked 'Canadian Customer' and the price went from $60 to $75! Umm, the Canadian dollar and USD are nearly at par, so I am not going to spend an additional $15 + shipping.

I am going to Minneapolis in June, so I guess I will have to wait until then :(
By beat_n_mi_feet87 Comments: 1970, member since Tue Jun 10, 2003
On Thu May 01, 2008 10:00 PM
WOW!I can't believe they charge so much for you... I travel to Canada a lot so I try to keep up to date on the currency... and that's a little much... from $60 to $75... I mean maybe a year or two go that was about right, but lately the American dollar hasn't been fairing so well!

Have you maybe tried Ulta.com? They have a similar kit, but I'm not sure if the price is the same for the Canadian dollar...

That's crazy though! I just ordered my kit from Ulta.com because it had glee in the starter kit and I'm blush girl! ;) and it came out to $64.50 USD as it ships for free!

Comment #7236096 deleted
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2008-05-30 15:19:30 please start a new thread to ask a new question!

On Mon Jul 07, 2008 02:00 PM
Edited by Crayola (123552) on 2008-07-07 14:05:05 found my answer
Yay!! I bought BE make-up :D

I spent $180 :O which was a little scary because I [don't] wear makeup. I could probably count on my hand the number of times I've worn make-up in the past year...anyhoo, that's all changed.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I bought the Get Started Kit, Get Started Complexion Enhancers (haven't opened this one yet) and the Get Started Eyes kit. I couldn't believe what a difference this stuff makes. You really don't feel like you are wearing make-up; it's amazing! I'm already addicted and I wear it everyday.

Question for you BE vets: how do you clean the brushes? I've had my kit for a few weeks now, but I haven't cleaned the brushes yet. I feel like they should be cleaned, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I've read that using dish soap works well, but others recommend shampoo. Any advice?

EDIT: I found this on the BE website:

A: We recommend regular cleansing to prolong the life of your brushes. Clean your brushes by using a mild facial cleanser or body wash. Start with soapy water in the palm of your hand and gently swirl the brush until it is clean. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and squeeze out excess water. Fluff and reshape the head of the brush. Finally, place your brush on a flat surface with bristles hanging
over the edge.

I am going to go try this now, but since I already asked has anyone found a different way or new trick to washing?
On Mon Jul 07, 2008 02:06 PM
Question for you BE vets: how do you clean the brushes? I've had my kit for a few weeks now, but I haven't cleaned the brushes yet. I feel like they should be cleaned, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I've read that using dish soap works well, but others recommend shampoo. Any advice?

Ooh, dish soap is WAY to harsh!

I wash my brushes with Johnson & Johnson extra conditioning baby shampoo. And with the larger, fluffier brushes, I give them a couple of extra swirls in a little hair conditioner.

Then I put them up so they can dry - I don't leave them flat on the counter, because it makes me a little nuts if they go flat on one side.

Let them dry a while.

I wash my brushes whenever the notion strikes - sometimes they get washed once a week, sometimes they go far longer. My Max Coverage Concealer brush is the one that needs to get washed the most often. :)

Nice purchases! That's a good group!
On Mon Jul 07, 2008 06:46 PM
oh Crayola I'm so excited you made the splurge! As you have already realized, it is totally worth it! Welcome to the BE family!

I too use shampoo when I clean my brushes. I usually use my shampoo, but sometimes I'll use baby shampoo if there is any around the house (my baby nephew often stays the night so I'll use his lol). I do it just as the directions say--put shampoo in my hand and swirl, then rinse and squeeze. Just warning you will probably have to rinse a lot! The suds/dirty water will be brown like the color of your makeup..when the water turns clear you know you are done. Just like theresa I avoid laying them flat to dry because then one side of the brush will turn flat! Sometimes I use a little conditioner, but usually I don't and I find they stay just as soft.

I definitely don't wash mine as often as theresa though. I usually clean them every couple of months, but yeah I should probably do it more often haha! My handy buki brush needs cleaning the most often because a lot of makeup, dirt, and oil gets trapped between the tightly packed bristles!

Enjoy your BE!!
By emilytheprincess Comments: 1208, member since Thu Jan 12, 2006
On Thu Jul 17, 2008 09:14 PM
I just got the starter kit today. I had thought about it for SO long. I decided to splurge and I am SO glad I did. The lady at Ulta put the whole face shebang on me and I couldn't resist buying the kit. Everyone says it feels like you aren't wearing make-up and it doesn't look like you have make-up on and it just looks like you have beautiful, radiant skin. I thought it was too good to be true. But, it's not. All of that is true. I had it put on about 11 hours ago and it still looks awesome. I am so, so happy I decided to get it. I was so excited when I got home, and wanted to put it on, but I already had some on, so I put it on my mom. =]

If anyone is thinking about it, please just buy it. You will be soo happy you did. I know I am going to get so much use out of it.

Thanks Theresa and Tittle for all of your help/advice/etc.
By Staceymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4618, member since Tue Jun 04, 2002
On Tue Jul 29, 2008 09:41 AM
I didn't read all the previous pages so I apologize if this has been covered.

Is BE make-up hypoallergenic?
I assume it would be since it's mineral make-up, but I`m not sure.
By natalie1990 Comments: 166, member since Thu Apr 10, 2008
On Wed Aug 13, 2008 08:02 AM
I LOVE the foundation. It is all I use on my face, beacuse it is harmless to your skin and makes it look so healthy and smooth. I recommend it to anyone. I'm scottish, so i've really very pale skin with pink cheeks and it blends in beautifully and brings down the redness in my cheeks a treat!
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3199, member since Sun Dec 11, 2005
On Fri Aug 15, 2008 02:17 PM
I hate wearing make up because I feel like I am suffocating and my skin hurts, yes it hurts. I have super sensitive skin.
After my mom and grandma telling me so many times that I look like death, I thought about buying makeup. We were in New York and there was a Sephora and I had heard amazing things about it. The people recommended Bare Minerals. They did the little trial thing and I actually liked it. To start out and because it is expensive, I got the mineral foundation, concealer, and blush. I also got the mini buffing thingy and the brush for the concealer.
I actually really like it. It doesn't feel heavy.
I am so picky about what I put on my face, but I approve
By balletpoodle6 Comments: 676, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Fri Aug 29, 2008 09:52 AM
I just bought the bisque but I'm not sure what it's used for and what brush to use with it.
On Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:27 AM
^Then someone didn't correctly do their job. You should have been taught that in the store. That's dissapointing.

At any rate, Bisque (and her sisters, Summer, Honey, and Deep) is a concealer. Use your Max Coverage Concealer brush to apply it. I actually find that Summer Bisque covers irritations and acne a little better then regular Bisque.

Any of the Bisques can also be used as an eyeshadow, or as an eyeshadow base. That's how Bisque actually got its start - as an eyeshadow. And so many people discovered that it was good at covering up spots, that they made it a concealer instead.

Honey Bisque is supposed to be an excellent eyeshadow for blue eyes!
By balletpoodle6 Comments: 676, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Fri Aug 29, 2008 07:57 PM
Thankx! I have the normal bisque. I think the sales girl was busy.
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Thu Nov 20, 2008 06:03 PM
Thank you so much for doing this beautiful thread, Tittle. I have yet to try this makeup, but maybe when I get a full-time job, I will splurge a little and get some.

I just loved your before and after pictures. Thank you for blessing us with them.

Sincerely,

begstretcher2008 :)
By AymeePremium member Comments: 1072, member since Mon Feb 27, 2006
On Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:58 AM
Ok, I got some for Xmas and

Oh.
My.
God.

How amazing is this stuff! I love it and have now thrown all other make-up away and am planning a trip the the nearest place that sells it to stock up!
I have to say thank you to this thread, as it pursuaded me to try it and I'm so glad I took the plunge.
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Tue Dec 30, 2008 07:44 AM
I got some for Christmas too. The Get Started Kit with the foundations and I used it for the first time last night and wow, it is so neat. I got a little confused on which was the buki brush but then I re-watched the video again and found out which one it was.

Great stuff. I really like it. I'm going to wear it out today when I leave in a bit. I'm a little late at running my errands today because well.... I just didn't want to get up. LOL! My alarm went off six times before I finally got up an hour later than I wanted to. Oh well such as life.

Great post as I said. I love this. *HUGS* to you all.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:12 PM
Ok, I just read ALL five pages of this great thread and I have a question that I didn't see addressed: Does BE come off on your clothes the way regular foundation does?
On Wed Jan 07, 2009 09:01 AM
d4j wrote:

Ok, I just read ALL five pages of this great thread and I have a question that I didn't see addressed: Does BE come off on your clothes the way regular foundation does?

I don't experience that nearly as much with BE as I did with liquid.

I'd be wearing my liquid, I'd give my boyfriend a hug, and he'd have a smear of my makeup all across his shirt.

At his company christmas party, I put my head down on one of the other guys shoulders, and there was just a little schmootz on his shirt. Although, that was after partying for six hours.

So like, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst - the rub off factor is about a 1.5. It really stays put!
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2096, member since Sat Oct 19, 2002
On Wed Jan 07, 2009 09:14 AM
My girlfriend and I went to Sephora last night and walked away with over 200 bucks in BE stuffs. We got the starter kit, the starter kit for eyes, and I grabbed some under eye concealer. She got a green eyeshadow and I went to the Sephora counter and snagged a lipstick and a mascara. We had a fabulous guy color match us for the foundation and explain how to use the stuff, although I'm also anxious to go ahead and watch the DVD before starting. I really liked what the guy did in the store and he had only used the foundation.

I usually don't wear makeup - I'm going to try a before and after photo session and if the results aren't too horrible I'll post them here :)
On Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:34 AM
First picture, bare faced
Second picture, after foundation
Third picture, complete BE look. I think the only thing I had on that wasn't BE was mascara.
Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch