Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

another song
By papillon
On Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:41 PM

I just saw this clip from youtube:
www.youtube.com . . .

Does anyone know the group that sings this song? Thanks! =)

5 Replies to another song

song help
By chuckupu
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:15 PM
The song is called ia orana.This particular version is very old but is still popular in some parts of the world. Its a song about a tahitian lady(vahine tahiti) Your best bet would be to check out music stores online that sell tahitian music. Unfortunately I have forgotten the artist but just quote the first line of the song and hopefully some one will be able to point you in the right direction!! It goes: iaorana iaorana iaorana e, E vahine tahiti, Aue aue te nehe nehe, E vahine tahiti....
re: another song
By No_Longer_on_DDNPremium member
On Sat Apr 14, 2007 08:10 PM
Hey Papillion,

Actually, the song is called Tahiti, Tahiti and it's by the group Voyage. It's the original to the version sang by Nawaiho'olu'uokeanuenue.

And yes...it is very old. I know that my cousin used to dance to it when she was a teen and she's in her 40's now. = )

I have the version from the video as well as the remake. Let me know if you want them and I can e-mail them over to you.
By No_Longer_on_DDNPremium member
On Sat Apr 14, 2007 08:11 PM
Oh....I also have the l;yrics and translations if you want them.

aloha
By chuckupu
On Sun Apr 15, 2007 05:53 PM
Theres actually another 2 groups and 1 artist who have recorded this song which has a similar sound.They are from out of NZ,Cook Islands and Tahiti.
By papillon
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:57 AM
Mahalo Kaleonahenahe! I've PM-ed you.

ReplySendWatch