Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

song. please help.
By nhannie
On Wed Apr 04, 2007 01:54 PM

hi! i have been trying to find out, for the longest time, what the name and artist of this song is...but no one on youtube wants to answer me =(

youtube.com . . .

if anyone knows the name of that song, i would realllyyyyy appreciate it! thanks so much! =)

5 Replies to song. please help.

song help
By chuckupu
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:04 PM
The song is called aue kapaku It is a tokelau(an) haka but this version on your video is a mixture of toke chanting and tahitian/cook island drumming.Im not sure who produced this song/haka drum dance but it is probably from out of hawaii,tahiti or even the states. Good luck!! If your after more info of songs feel free to check out soifua.com
re: song. please help.
By nhannie
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:20 PM
OoO thank you so much! i've been asking around youtube for months! haha now that you gave me the name of the song, i googled it and found out that its probably also by te vaka, on the same cd as pate pate =)
By chuckupu
On Sun Apr 08, 2007 04:10 AM
The songs not by te vaka.It is an old Fatele pronounced Hatele performed by tokelauan groups.I used to perform this when I was at primary school 20 odd years ago!!Maybe Te vaka perform it but this hatele was composed a very long time ago!!
By nhannie
On Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:58 PM
oh, i just meant that particular mix/version on the youtube video is performed by Te Vaka =)
By chuckupu
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 03:38 AM
all good!!

ReplySendWatch