Forum: General / Tap / Clogging

Should I go for it?
By Clog_It_Up
On Fri Apr 06, 2007 09:52 AM

Hey everyone! So, I have a situation and I am in need of some advice. I am going home for the summer and I want to teach some clogging lessons, but I want to do it on my own...not with the local studio that I used to take lessons at. Problem: the local studio is also offering summer lessons, plus the teacher is very territorial. I just don't want to make any enemies, but I do wnat experience teaching dance. What should I do? Just go for it? I hope this makes sense! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

4 Replies to Should I go for it?

re: Should I go for it?
By tcssomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:59 AM
Hook up with a couple dance studios outside the area and teach at their summer camps. Go in with resume in hand - right now, they're making their schedules - and tell them what you want. That's how I got my foot in the door for teaching at summer camps. Summer camps are unique in the fact that it's not a regular class - don't go in expecting to accomplish great things.
By YesICan
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 06:12 PM
If making enemies is a concern, I wouldn't do it.

If you can thicken your skin, I would find a town 10-15 miles away. She will likely still get mad, but it would show a little more respect than being in the same town.

Of course, it depends on the size of your town.

Good luck.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:26 PM
I'd go to a local town, but not the town this teacher is in. Unless your town is really big, is there even enough demand for 2 clogging instructors?
By BlondieBunch2000
On Thu May 24, 2007 09:25 AM
NO LEAVE THE TEACHER ALONE AND TEACH IN YOUR HOME TOWN IN THE WINTER!!!! I've seen this happen before and trust me you're better off not doing it.

ReplySendWatch