Forum: Irish / Irish - Beginners

Feis Bucket
By VaFeisMom2
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 06:17 AM

Do you use a Feis Bucket? What do you keep in your bucket? Any pictures or what does yours look like? :)

16 Replies to Feis Bucket

re: Feis Bucket
By Irish_Dancer_Liz
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 06:29 AM
Well I don't use a bucket but I do use a small stool I sit on when I'm not dancing. It's actually a fishing stool but I figured out it works perfectly at competitions aswell :D
By Becca
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 03:20 PM
I use a feis bucket, I keep bobby pins,a hair brush, hair spray, dance shoes, extra clothes, and extra poodles socks!
Do Male Dancers Use Them?
By dancingdonoho
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 05:02 PM
Before I attempt to make one for my son, is it "cool" for a male dancers to have one even though they don't have as much stuff to tote?
By rallyhopbackPremium member
On Fri Apr 20, 2007 08:46 PM
I've never seen a boy dancer with a feis bucket. Part of the bucket's appeal is that a girl, in her stiffened skirt can always have a place to sit down that won't ruin her skirt as can happen in a chair with a back on it. Since guys don't have that problem, I wouldn't think they need a bucket. But they do need a bag of some kind to store all their dance gear.
re: Feis Bucket (karma: 1)
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 21, 2007 06:42 AM
Ahaha, I thought feis bucket was like a new version of photo bucket....but just for Irish dancers. I feel silly.
By Yvonnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:05 PM
i use a feis bucket my list of things in it?:
-shoes that i am not useing
-hair spray
-boby pins
-water
-tape
-sewing kit
-makeup
-and a bunch of random stuff that i am forgetting.

IrishLizzy, don't feel silly i thought the exact same thing when i saw the post.
By carlow63
On Sat Apr 28, 2007 08:38 AM
I haven't seen any boys using feis buckets, but a couple of guys in our area have Zuka bags. They're pretty much a feis bucket with wheels.
Feis Bucket Ideas...
By izzysmom
On Fri May 04, 2007 07:54 PM
You can get the 5 gallon bucket anywhere. You can search on line and find padded seats for the bucket. I found a swivel, padded one from Gander Mountain. I then made a slip cover for the seat and a liner with pockets. I'd add a photo but I don't know how.
re: Feis Bucket (karma: 1)
By ceolasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 05, 2007 12:20 PM
I made one for Highland dance. I have a cushion with my tartan as a cover on the top- good for sitting at highland games and then I don't wrinkle my pleats.

I keep my shoes, hose, hair supplies, makeup, pins, ice packs etc in it.

Image hotlink - 'http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/caffeinekathleen/Random%20DDN%20Stuff/bucket.gif'
By NoviceTeen
On Thu May 10, 2007 09:53 AM
"Ahaha, I thought feis bucket was like a new version of photo bucket....but just for Irish dancers. I feel silly."

Hehe, i thought the same thing! I was like "OOOHHH!MUST-CLICK!!" xD

Anyway, I don't have a feis bucket.. but that might be a good idea to get one... hmm.
By TwinPeakesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 13, 2007 03:34 AM
nah, i tend to just use a massive big bag...i mean there is 3 of us dancing in my family, so there's a lot of stuff needed! :P
By aealoveshergirlsPremium member
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 08:08 AM
I have never heard of a Feis bucket, I also thought it was like Photo bucket LOL. I have only been to 2 Feis's so far, and when my daughter and I went, we wore our dresses there, so I really didn't have anything other than my Heinzman bag with my change of shoes and water in it. But I'm sure down the road, there will be times when I don't want to wear my dress to the Feis.
By monkeybiz329member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:58 AM
i have a feis bucket and keep my wig, headband, hair stuff, band-aids, shoes, tape, makeup, mirror, and all other miscellaneous items in there. my mum and i have made numerous feis buckets for our school's fund raisers, and they sell like hotcakes!
~Erin~
By newcitylights
On Sat Jun 30, 2007 03:35 PM
This is one my mom just made for my sister. It's super-light, holds everything except the shoes (wig, crown, hairspray, brush, number, etc.), and it's cute, too! If you want info on how to make it, just PM me.

Image hotlink - 'http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4172/random022wz8.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5986/random023xl8.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9527/random021df4.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2887/random024bw5.jpg'
By holly_irishdance
On Sat Jun 30, 2007 05:17 PM
I'd never heard of "feis buckets" in my entire 8 years of dancing before I read this thread lol! S are they like just wee buckets that you decorate and put all you're gear in? Kinda like a normal bag? Im confuzled :/

:) xxhollyxx :)
By Rincemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 30, 2007 05:58 PM
^feis buckets are buckets that have a seat on the top so that you can sit on them and not ruin your dress and they hold a ton of stuff.

ReplySendWatch