Popular Irish

premium crystal Rhinestones by numberonemum
These are high quality genuine premium crystals,they are a superb alternative to Swarovski at very...

Forum: Costumes

Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Costume Company Reviews en>fr fr>en
By Dancer1011 Comments: 23, member since Wed May 30, 2007
On Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 PM
Leo's - Has good years and bad years. I usually attend their Fashion show so I can see the costumes up close. I usually order 60% of my costumes from them. This is the first year of 14 years that I didn't order from tehm.

Kelle Company - I have never had a problem with them and I love the costumes.

Costume Gallery - Very good too!

Cicci - Great Character Costumes.

Liberts - Great Hip Hop and lyrical costumes and usually ships quick. Also has up to 2X in some costumes if you have heavier dancers.

Dance Galaxy and Wolff Fording - NEVER AGAIN! TO SLOW IN SHIPPING.
By Marilou281 Comments: 58, member since Thu May 10, 2007
On Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:16 AM
DANSCO - totally disappointed with this year. Ripped costumes, missing skirts, headpieces, etc. Sizing WAY OFF. They had a tough year, but it overflows to the studios.
COSTUME GALLERY - Has always been GREAT! Luv them! Order early.
LIBERT'S - always great. Very reasonable prices and decent quality.
CICCI - Always come through. Good company.
A WISH COME TRUE - absolutely the best quality and service, but expensive.
Hey, ya get what ya pay for!
By creativetina Comments: 28, member since Fri Mar 16, 2007
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 07:16 AM
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-06-26 10:47:50 advertising is not permitted
Look for a whole new look from DesignWorks in 2008! Updated styles and fabrics.

I'm the new marketing director for DesignWorks but have been in the industry for 15 years. I'm really excited about what DesignWorks will be offering teachers this year!

This year we previewed our costumes in a survey with 100 dance teachers (current customers, teachers who had never ordered from us and folks who bought in-stock from us when their costumes did not arrive from other companies). It was a real HIT and tremendously informative for us.

Our catalog will also be online this year for everyone to see (only qualified teachers preregistered on our site can see our confidential price list). We'll start loading our new costumes in mid-July. Our book will mail in late August.

Please register with us to ensure you receive our catalog (if you don't get it already) at 800-639-7805 8:30-5 EST or email us at info@designworksrecital.com

Looke for our GREX Bodywear catalog arriving in early July - true wholesale dancewear for studios!

Tina Burrows
Marketing Director
DesignWorks Costumes
designworkscostumes.com
By creativetina Comments: 28, member since Fri Mar 16, 2007
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 07:18 AM
Thanks for the note about the feathers! I'm working with our production department on packaging for 2008!

Tina Burrows
DesignWorks
By star21 Comments: 58, member since Fri Aug 05, 2005
On Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:33 AM
Wolffe Fording - said ship date mid april, no shipment, then said would ship when check cleared, but 2 weeks later still nothing. Finally recieved about 4 days before our performance- Everything seemed to either be mislabled or just extreemly large/long- no time to return or exchange

Dansco/Fina: YUCK! No communication, we ordered in December, when we did finally get our costumes 3 days before the show everything was too small- again mislabled? or did they just send whatever they had to make us shut up? No time to return.
By LiquidIcemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 679, member since Wed Apr 04, 2007
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 09:43 PM
Edited by starbabyjessa (176546) on 2007-07-06 21:49:37
Edited by starbabyjessa (176546) on 2007-07-06 21:52:35
Edited by starbabyjessa (176546) on 2007-07-06 21:52:44
Bodywrappers is an absolutely WONDERFUL company to buy from. They always have something that will suit my class or my little ones! From Tutus to skatewear, they have everything. The only downside is that you can't order off the site to my knowledge. We have a store 15 minutes away from our studio so we usually just go and buy. Check out bodywrappers.com(their website) if you want to find a store.
A reply from Art Stone en>fr fr>en
By dddancer88Premium member Comments: 83, member since Tue May 18, 2004
On Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:55 PM
Dear Adrenaline Dance
It kills me when I read your post and know that you had issues wih our company.
True we had a few problems in the past but things have changed drastically in the last few years.
Most teachers are very happy with our delivery, our quality and especially with the changes in our customer service. Each teacher can now have their own personal representative which makes everyone's lives easier.
I do hope that you will try us again and be pleasantly suprised as were most of our sustomers this year.
You can always call me personally and I would love to discuss it with you.
Sincerely,
Art Stone
By dancengroovegirl Comments: 2294, member since Mon Oct 30, 2006
On Sun Jul 22, 2007 04:46 PM
A Wish Come True- great costumer service and costumes, cute costumes for babies as well as older students
Curtain Call- great ballet costumes, good costumer service, reasonable prices
Costume Gallery- great service, not a lot of variety in costumes but good quality
Wolff Fording- horrible costumer service can never get anyone. recieved costumes sewn incorrectly weeks after ship date.
Weissmans- excellent prices and costumer service, costumes are in good quality and there is a lot of variety for all ages. (By far my favorite)
By Lisa05 Comments: 129, member since Fri Aug 10, 2007
On Tue Oct 09, 2007 07:26 PM
Dansco - I am surprised to hear all the bad reviews of Dansco. I have ordered from them almost every year for about the last 15 years. Customer service has always been just great for me. They are very willing to get an additional late ordered costumer out on time. I always correspond through email now and I get a response the same day. They are always on time or early and they are generally made well and reasonably priced.

Fina - I don't generally order from Fina any more unless it is just one solo costume that we could replace if it doesn't get here on time. Fina has never once delivered on time, at least 2 weeks late but usually closer to 4 or 6 weeks late. I can never contact customer service, constant busy signals. I didn't order from them last year when they merged with Dansco so I will try again since I have had such good experiences with Dansco.

Curtain Call - Always ontime although pricing is starting to get a little too high for my group. I run a recreation program in a low income area. Also, discount levels keep rising and I can't make the discount any longer.

Wolff Fording - Gave up on them about ten years ago. Had two years of late costumes and poor customer service and have not gone back.

Costume Gallery - Always on time and reasonably priced. I just don't order that much from them because I usually can only find one or two costumes that fit our theme that I really like.

Revolutions - Love the Revolutions shoes and leotards, such nice quality. I just got the new costume catalog will definately be ordering this year. Their service is wonderful and I am hoping the same will hold true of their costumes.

Georgie Girl - Don't care much for their styles and too expensive.

Marcea - Again, don't care much for their styles except for the teen/adult lyrical and contemporary costumes. They should focus more on this style. Many of the kids and teen costumes I think are inappropriate for kids. Costumes are also very expensive.

Baums - I don't order costumes from Baums. I use them for accessories and basics only. Same costumes as Leos and I don't order from them much anymore either. Customer service reps at Baums are generally not very friendly.

Blasia - Are they still around?

Lebo's - Another great resource for accessories, don't care much for their costumes. Accessories are generally more expensive than Baums.
By tennisgirl4dance Comments: 623, member since Wed Feb 09, 2005
On Mon Oct 15, 2007 06:23 PM
I try to give at least one newer/smaller company a try each year and see how it goes. I have found some great companies that way, plus I like to help out "the little guys" cause I was a "little guy" once too and don't want to forget my roots.. try to remember what it was like to start a business from scratch and build a customer base:

Last year I tried out...
FERRIERA and was pleased!
REVOLUTION - was unable to meet my need by date - will try again
this year
I found COSTUME DEPOT this way a few years ago and have been
ordering alot from them ever since - great hip hop!!

This year I will try REVERENCE and maybe STARS (saw them at UDMA - New Jersey)

My usuals each year are:
COSTUME GALLERY
COSTUME DEPOT
KELLE- but I'm not feeling it this year
DANSCO - will give them a second chance with a very small order
Then I mix and match other companies that have stuff I like.
By tapfrogs Comments: 170, member since Fri Jul 01, 2005
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 09:37 AM
Hi All,

Our studio is a big Leo's studio, but we always order from a few other companies too, to fit our needs. See below for our thoughts:

LEO'S: They are dependable and hands down have the best customer service we have dealt with. Especially in the "crunch time" months before recitals, Leo's actually ANSWERS THE PHONE and RETURNS MESSAGES! Hooray! That doesn't always happen with others. We like their discount program, and generally all of their costumes fit in our budget. Their quality is great, and their costume pieces come finished, and the fabrics look as good or better in person than they did in the catalog. Their costumes are fashionable, while still appropriate.... again something that is also hard to find elsewhere. Fit is usually very good -- had a little problem this year with one costume running too small, but the other 90% of our order was fine. The studio owner made a small mistake with her order, and they were able to fix it for us without a problem or question. They have never let us down, and that is important. Last year, I didn't love their adult section options as much, but I have seen this year's catalog, and I am excited about their designs and styles!

KELLE: We only ordered on costume from them, for our high school hip hop class, and frankly, it is because , in our opinion, their costumes are pretty inappropriate and don't fit a variety of body types. In fact, I just think their posing itself is a bit age-inappropriate, so I was turned off just by that. Our hip hop teacher ordered a costume style that has been around for awhile -- it is a zip front sleeveless boot cut unitard-- and the suprising thing to us was that the tube top worn underneath was an actual tube top -- no straps attached! It kept sliding down as the girls danced.

LIBERT'S: They are a good company to use when you need something quickly. We got "screwed" by another company and we were able to get quick costumes as replacements from them. Their fit is just OK, and their quality is so-so in my opinion.

DANCE GALAXY: They had pretty costumes, but COULD NOT DELIVER our whole order to us before our recital. They were also hard to get in contact with. They could not get us our costumes, but for some reason we couldn't cancel them either, so we received them after the recital and hope they work for a class this year. :(

WEISSMAN's: I like their basics a lot, and their costumes are pretty good quality. They have good service, and good ship-date-accuracy. We were happy with them. The only downfall is that some of their costumes look like "copies" of others from other books sometimes, in my opinion.

CURTAIN CALL: We only got a few costumes from them. In most cases, the costumes we liked were not as cute when you didn't buy all of the extra stuff that goes with them. We fell in love with one fabric pattern -- the costume was still cute when it came in, but it looked much more washed-out, and it was disappointing. Also, I feel that their quality is just average-poor. Not impressed -- seams are unfinished, fit is off, etc.

TO ALL COSTUME COMPANIES: It would be wonderful if there was a costume pant that would stay up! We have trouble with this, with most every company! A lot of pre-teen girls have a very square shape, and so their costume pants always seem to slide down during the performances. It is a problem -- they have about 10 safety pins holding their pants up, pinned to their tights or nude leotards.... doesn't look good onstage. I don;t know if it is the pattern that is off, or if it the type of waist elastic that is used, but we would be grateful for pants that stay up and fit.

Thanks!
By cheerspirit Comments: 3843, member since Thu Apr 29, 2004
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 01:24 PM
I order approx. 800 costumes a year, from 10+ different companies.

My absolute favorite is Stagewear LA. I would order a lot more from them if they had a larger selection, but at the end of this year I will probably have gotten all of their costumes at one point over the last few years. You do have to be careful with sizing because they don't allow exchanges. Sizing has always been accurate, I had one exception and they sent me extra material to make adjustments.

We do most of our bulk ordering from Curtain Call and Weismann's. I've always had great experiences with these companies, they come quickly, easy exchanges, very diverse selection. Great baby costumes.

On my great list is also A Wish Come True, although I didn't find anything I wanted from them this year. Great baby costumes.

I had a wonderful experience with Ferriera year before last. Awesome customer service.

Art Stone is on my good list. We get most of our Ballet costumes from Art Stone, which are always beautiful. I will say I have also had sizing issues, but I have always been able to exchange in time for performance (even if it's a pain in the butt). 4 years ago we planned on ordering over 10 classes worth of costumes from here, but were given a WAY late ship week, so we cancelled our order and had to pick and post different costumes. At least I was told right after the order was submitted....

Kelle has pretty costumes, but I don't use them much because they are designed for perfect bodies, and to show the perfect bodies off. I have always liked what I ordered from them.

I have not had any major problems and don't have any WILL NOT ORDER from catalogs, but I am not fond of the style choices in Costume Gallery, Design Works, Applause and Costume Wearhouse.

Comment #6566976 deleted

By jennsings4uPremium member Comments: 46, member since Fri Jul 15, 2005
On Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:18 PM
Do not ever order from Dance Galaxy. They still owe us $570.65 for costumes that were cancelled because they weren't going to make their deadline....and that was from last February - 2007!!! They have shafted quite a few people out there...it's really really too bad...because their costumes are very cute...you just never get them!
By angela504 Comments: 26, member since Sun Oct 01, 2006
On Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:39 AM
I ordered from Revolution last year, and I have to say I was beyond impressed. The costume quality was wonderful, customer service was fantastic and each costume arrived nicely pressed in individual garment bags. I was only able to order one costume last year because they had such a small selection, but I was excited to see they are offering more costumes this year. They still don't have a large hip hop selection, but I will be ordering a couple of costumes from them this year. This year, we are using A Wish Come True and Costume Gallery for the first time as well.
By lulubellePremium member Comments: 188, member since Tue May 01, 2007
On Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:59 AM
Revolution costumes look great...we are ordering almost every style......their service has been exceptional, dealing with shoe orders, so am anticipating the same with the costumes.....hope they grow, and grow....really appreciate their attention to the packaging, etc...and not charging "an arm and a leg"!!!!
By Helloimjax Comments: 192, member since Wed Jul 05, 2006
On Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 AM
Hi! We are doing our costume orders and I was remembering an incident we had last year with Dance Galaxy.... One week before our show and missing lots of costumes from them, we DROVE to their location and demanded the costumes... THEY WERE ALREADY READY and there... just they had never gotten around to shipping them to us ?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!

never again.
By nodrop2002 Comments: 58, member since Sun May 20, 2007
On Sat Dec 01, 2007 06:51 PM
I read through all the comments and agree with the positive comments on Weismanns, Liberts, and Revolution. Great prices on the basics and shoes, as well as uniforms!!

Since I order more baton twirling/band front costumes- I will also give a very positive review on Algy. Great to work with and willing to work with you.
By angieballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1547, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Sun Dec 02, 2007 03:14 PM
I like Curtain Call and Kelle' (One of my former students just modeled for them in the lyrical section. Beautiful photos! So proud!) I also like The Line Up. They started making costumes for figure skaters, but now do costumes for dance teams (many professional squads). I used them when I coached a high school dance team and they have excellent costumer service and products. I have worn their costumes as a former dancer for the MN Timberwolves. Very nice stuff.

www.thelineup.net
By mretux Comments: 11, member since Tue Apr 17, 2007
On Sat Dec 08, 2007 08:52 PM
COSTUME GALLERY, CURTAIN CALL, WEISSMAN'S ARE THE BEST. Customer service is awesome!! The wya they handle ordering is accurate, fast and very convenient for busy studios and dance teachers. They deliver when they say they will and sometimes even earlier!!

Do NOT use Art Stone or Fina or dansco. Obviously we all know why. When I am using parent's money to pay for costumes, I don't risk it.I also don't deal with rude customer service or ordering policies taht are very inconvenient.
re: Costume Company from Art Stone en>fr fr>en
By dddancer88Premium member Comments: 83, member since Tue May 18, 2004
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 06:56 AM
Dear Mretux
Obviously you had a problem with us a few years ago.
As you can see by the posts, most of our customers are very pleased with the improvements we have made over the last few years. I would love to make you feel that way too.
Whatever the problem was, I apologize. I would love it if you would call the ofice and ask for me persoanlly so we can see what we can do to show you how we have improved and changed.
Sincerely,
Art Stone
800-522-8897
By Tiffany12718 Comments: 92, member since Fri Feb 10, 2006
On Wed Apr 23, 2008 03:35 PM
Just wanted to say Revolution is GREAT! This was the first year we ordered costumes from them so we only had a couple but they were great. Great quality, ballet costume came with the tiara ( most books everything is seperate!)Also they are each on a hanger in their own garmet bags....Oh yeah and another costume with a hat even came with the bobby pins! So we were very happy with them and will do a lot more with them from now on!
By abowden13 Comments: 13, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Fri May 30, 2008 02:01 PM
I will NEVER use Wolfe-Fording again! I am a week away from my show and they still have not shipped my costumes that I ordered Jan. 5th. When I call I get the complete run around and they act like they could care less. Today, they finally told me they shipped 2 of my classes but that my other ones were not ready and they could not tell me when they would be. I have a show in a week and they don't care!!!! Thank God for Artstone!!! They cam through and are overnighting new costumes. I'm thankful but upset that I'm not getting what we really wanted.
By Tapdanzer Comments: 434, member since Mon Aug 25, 2003
On Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 AM
Wow AdrenalineDancer I've never heard of ANYTHING like that EVER. A costume company that actually cares about it's customers, incredible. I definitely want to check them out for next year. The link you put to the website didn't work for me though, could you re-send it? I hope the family is doing ok too.

NOW for the costume companies:

ART STONE: I LOVE Art Stone. Their costumes are well made and for the most part are made with quality material. All their costumes end up looking awesome on stage. HOWEVER their sizing is ALL over the place. We have an in house seamstress who doesn't make costumes but she does all our alterations. Art Stone costumes always seem to be huge on our kids but our seamstress makes them fit and they look beautiful. We're a Canadian studio and we've never had any problems with ship dates but we also order in September just in case.... we've had a few bad experiences.

KELLE: Kelle is very touch and go with me. Some of their costumes are gorgeous and some of them look terrible. They love the tummy tops which just isn't always workable in classes that aren't all bone racks. My biggest advice when ordering from them is REALLY read the description of the costume and the MATERIAL. Also most "extras" are not included, so if you want them, be sure to check and see if you need to order them separately. I find that their sizes run small. Shipping hasn't been a problem.

MARCEA: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. Like I said, we order in September just in case, well these guys are the reason why. We put in our order in November/ early December. Our dress rehearsal was March, we got them in April. And most of them didn't fit. We never order from them.

We order our Rec ones from Weissmans, Wolfe and Fording and Costume Gallery. They've all been great for our recreational stuff but I wouldn't use them from competitive costumes. I don't particularly think their quality and design is up to a level I would like to see on my competitive dancers.
By dancerama49 Comments: 273, member since Wed Oct 26, 2005
On Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:19 PM
I love A Wish Come True - delivered on time, beautiful, quality costumes.
Marcea - a nightmare :(
Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch