Priority Teaching Jobs

Forum: Costumes

Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Costume Company Reviews en>fr fr>en
By happydancinPremium member Comments: 973, member since Tue Nov 22, 2005
On Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:23 PM
Edited by happydancin (146038) on 2008-06-02 23:25:48 typo
I just celebrated my 25th annual... here is my list!

Curtain Call-Good quality, good service, no complaints

Kelle - Love them! GREAT customer service, great costumes!

Weissmans- Cheaper quality, but cheaper prices, no complaints

Wolf-Fording- Nice, no problems

Marcea-No problems, but used rarely...I love her designs, but pricey

Art Stone- Love the costumes, never had any problem

The Line Up- nice, but pricey!

NEW this year for me ~ REVOLUTION! AWESOME...ordered numerous costumes! WOW!!! Very impressed...great quality, prices, service! They took a big chunk of my business away from the competition this year & I will continue to use them if they keep up the good work and expand their line! CHECK them out! You will not be disappointed!
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Mon Jul 21, 2008 07:36 PM
They will custom make anything for you, too, like if you ask for #120 with the fabric from the #310 costume on the legs and the collar in silver metallic with the #530 fabric on the sleeves, and please add fringe down the legs of the pants so it looks western. I actually did that. Mixed two styles of costume, three totally different fabrics, and added fringe to make a boy's costume. And, the price for the alterations was VERY reasonable.
I didn't know they did that. I ahve tons of costumes from them. Good to know.

AdrenalineDance, that made me cry. It's nice to know there are some companies that care.

And to everyone that ordered from revolution, what kind of garment bags did they come in?
By dancingdivas6 Comments: 3, member since Tue Sep 23, 2008
On Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 AM
Two years ago we were majorly burned by the whole Dansco/Fina fiasco. We stayed away from them for recital last year. Did anyone use them? Have they gotten their problems fixed. We are loving their new costume catalogs...but are still very nervous to use them. Help from anyone!!!!!
By shellbelle Comments: 142, member since Fri Aug 08, 2008
On Tue Sep 23, 2008 09:10 PM
I used both of them last year. I didn't have a problem but I ordered real early. If they have any costumes that fit in our recital theme, I will use them.
By Lisa05 Comments: 129, member since Fri Aug 10, 2007
On Wed Sep 24, 2008 08:39 AM
I too have continued to use Dansco, even through the Fina acquisition and have had no issues. Everything on time as usual. They have even been able to get late add ons to me on time and I usually ask for at least one just about every year. Other companies are not so helpful in that area.
On Wed Sep 24, 2008 01:38 PM
How early did you order? In 2007, we ordered Jan. 1st for delivery by May. We didn't get our costumes until June...some in July. Did you order even earlier than that?
By Lisa05 Comments: 129, member since Fri Aug 10, 2007
On Wed Sep 24, 2008 02:03 PM
My costume order generally goes out the first or second week of January and our recital is usually around May 15.
On Wed Sep 24, 2008 03:15 PM
Ok, my "Always" and "Never Again" lists:

ALWAYS:
Costume Gallery - on time and good prices
Weismann's - LOVE THEM!!!!
Wish Come True - great customer service
Curtain Call - good variety, prices and ships on time

NEVER AGAIN:
Dansco/Fina - didn't send 90% and what they did send was wrong or falling apart. We had no costumes for some of our classes for our recital. When we tried to call, got no response. We lost alot of students because of them. DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THEM!!!!
By MissJess Comments: 113, member since Thu Aug 14, 2008
On Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 AM
Just a note, I recently went to the dance costume show, and I was most impressed by the quality and professionalism of the following (I will even give them star points!):

_Revolution (****)
_Curtain Call (****)
_Art Stone (***1/2)
_Ferreira (***1/2)

Everything else at the show was like ** hahaha...mwah! Jess

Comment #7826577 deleted

re: Costume Company from Art Stone en>fr fr>en
By dddancer88Premium member Comments: 83, member since Tue May 18, 2004
On Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 PM
Dear Californiadancer
I am very sorry you are having any problems. We are using the same chart for the last few years and most of our customers love it. Ater reading your post, we called a few of our local teachers and they seem very satisfied.
I will be in my office on Monday and if you would like to call me, I would love to talk to you about it. I am pleased that you like our styles and I want you to like the way they fit too.
Sincerely,
Art Stone
By steppinsteph Comments: 1347, member since Wed Oct 26, 2005
On Wed Jul 01, 2009 07:41 AM
Revolution costumes come in a clear plastic zip-up bag with a plastic hanger that has a metal swivel hookey-part. NOT crammed into a ziploc bag. They also come with ALL of the accessories you see pictured as well as clear AND nude straps and fasteners for all accessories--like, even hair pins! And, the costumes, last year anyway, were mostly under $40.00. Don't know how they can do it, but it's way awesome.

Art--We ALWAYS order from you guys for something. We've also won costume awards at competitions (kinda funny, we won best costume at a competition that you advertised with--can't remember which one. Guess they had good taste!) I can't remember last year, but I know the year prior to that we had costumes that were larger than we had intended, but it was okay because we use them all competition season, so they grow into them in a year. We have never had an Art Stone costume tear or fall apart, and I like that you don't use velcro to close them. They are very concise and well thought-out. I know when I get a costume from you guys that it will hold together and be of good quality fabric.
By kcampb7 Comments: 105, member since Sat Jun 20, 2009
On Fri Jul 03, 2009 09:01 AM
REVOLUTIONS! Great costumes for younger dancers, great prices, great customer service. Simply the best costume company we've ever worked with - check them out!
By fancyfootwork Comments: 43, member since Thu Sep 04, 2008
On Thu Oct 08, 2009 03:27 PM
I love The Line Up! You get to pick your own fabrics and they make everything to your own specs. If they don't have a fabric that you want, they will find it for you to use. They are actually pretty reasonable for competition costumes. The studio pricing is less than the posted online five or more price.

thelineupstore.com

Otherwise I really like Wolff Fording costumes as well.
By ddncr4life Comments: 58, member since Thu May 15, 2008
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:06 AM
We ordered from a select few this year and I was once again impressed with Curtain Call. They have their production process together!
I was pretty disappointed with Artstone though. I have admired one costume for about three years now, and although it was pricier than others I decided to go with it this year. I measured my girls and compared it to the sizing chart and only 1 out of 10 even fits. It is a unitard, the arms are all too long, the gloves don't fit their fingers and are attached, and the legs are at least one foot too long. I expected a better product, admittedly. We also had a tutu come in way too big.
Other companies we ordered from this year were Costume Gallery, with decent quality and service, and Weissmans, with decent quality and excellent service.
By dancedva82 Comments: 22, member since Fri Apr 23, 2010
On Fri Jun 04, 2010 07:31 PM
we used Revolution for a lot of our costumes again this year. they have a small selection, but good quality for a very reasonable price ( most costumes range 30-40). we've used them for the past 3/4 years and have never had any problems besides the sizes running a bit small until this year! i had to send 4 back b/c of holes in the costume, 4 b/c they were cut too small, 2 b/c they were sewn differently than the rest of the group. 3 styles that we ordered in january weren't avail until may and then when we got them they didn't have any extras to exchange sizing for another 2 months!! also sent shipments with only partial accessories and took 1 month to get the ones they forgot. not happy with them this year and questionable if we will use them again in the future.
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4723, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Mon Aug 23, 2010 09:24 AM
Revolution: Great costumes, quick shipping, great customer service. We absolutely love this company and order from them as much as we can.

Liberts: They don't have the flashiest costumes, but they're great for classes where I just need a top or just need a skirt to complete an outfit. Lightning fast shipping. We had a performance spring up on us and we needed a costume for it, and they got us an entire class' worth of costumes in less than a week. I can't say enough good things about them.

Artstone: We never have the problems most teachers on DDN have, but we don't order from them often because their stuff is too expensive.

Costume Gallery: Never had a problem with shipping or costumes. Always beautiful, always the right size, etc.
By dancingstar210 Comments: 1308, member since Wed Aug 13, 2003
On Fri Nov 05, 2010 09:23 PM
Revolution is one of my favorites! Very affordable, and the costumes come with pretty much all of the accessories they show in the catalog. It also comes on a hanger in a nice garment bag and not just shoved into a tiny bag. definitely a go=to company!
By lulubellePremium member Comments: 188, member since Tue May 01, 2007
On Fri Nov 05, 2010 09:59 PM
yes, Revolution, is continuing their reliable service...great fabrics, styles, and prices....they are always wonderful to deal with on the phone,and follow through with all demands placed on them for deadlines, etc....love their shoes too!....the packaging of the costume is so high quality...the re-usable bag is great!....no one else has come close to the high standards of Revolution!
By AmandaKaye918 Comments: 40, member since Mon Nov 16, 2009
On Wed Nov 17, 2010 09:37 PM
I love Revolution Dance Wear for my recital costumes. They are very affordable and come with all the things you see in the magazine!
By giacm90 Comments: 198, member since Fri Aug 12, 2005
On Thu Nov 18, 2010 01:58 PM
My favorite costume companies to order from are Artstone, A Wish Come True, Curtain Call, Kelle and Weismann's. I have the following comments for each:

Kelle- I love the quality for their costumes and they're fashion-forward I think but high priced and almost never comes with the accessories shown in the book which I hate because if I order the accessories they show, it makes the costumes too much money for me to order.

Artstone- Never have a problem with! Quality costumes, very affordable (baby costumes at least) and I've never had problems like the onces mentioned here.

Curtain Call and Weismann's- love both. Great quality and low prices. Love the early order discounts.

A Wish Come True- they have great costumes, especially their theme costumes, but I've found that their prices go up every year and are becoming too expensive for me to order for my kids or I have to only use them with small classes.

I try to pick costumes from books that don't charge tax or shipping costs, as well as I try to pick as many from the books that offer discounts for high volume totals.
By starz701 Comments: 43, member since Mon Dec 13, 2010
On Tue Dec 14, 2010 07:22 AM
Edited by starz701 (228897) on 2010-12-14 07:25:39
Lulubelle,
I 100% agree with you regarding costume gallery. We ordered two different style costumes from them last year and they both had the plastic fasteners. Neither style of the costume closed well and wouldn't stay fastened on a hanger. When I sent customer service an email, they told me that no one else had complained about them and maybe I just got a "bad batch" of fasteners. They offered to replace them, but it was too close to picture day and I was worried they wouldn't get back in time. I just had everyone pin them shut for the recital because I was worried they would pop open on stage. It's a shame too...because the costumes were beautiful, but it turned us off from re-ordering again this year.
By lulubellePremium member Comments: 188, member since Tue May 01, 2007
On Tue Dec 14, 2010 09:44 AM
Yes, it is still the same with those terrible plastic fasteners...when I complained I was told the same thing..."you are the only person who has complained".....I am happy to know that you are in the same boat!..the only way is to pin them..and pray that there is not an incident....I, too, was told to send them all back to get better fitting fasteners(the same kind)..the costumes from that company are beautiful, and I really like the owner....but, someone there ,just has to realize that the inferior fastenings are a deterrent to ordering costumes from them!....
By Nicole25 Comments: 1, member since Fri Feb 18, 2011
On Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 PM
ART STONE RIDICULOUS!!! I ordered from them about 10 years ago, claims they dont have me in their system, and to place an order, I have to make a customer account online only. After doing that, you still can not purchase your order over the phone, you have to do that online. THEY ARE RIDICULOUS!!! The forms they asked me for, they could not even explain it to me. After being denied on the phone my Tax ID Form, I faxed it, and funny...I was approved. Their right hand doesnt know what the left is doing. Just plain old careless. I hear they run very small...even if you go by sizing charts...but when i inquired, they claim to run true to size so I will see. Ive ordered from costume gallery, liberts, leos, revolution, no one has been ridiculous as art stone. I only stuck with them this year to give it a full out try and see if my opinion will change. Having a full 12 weeks they are taking because none of their costumes I ordered are in stock, is a bit annoying too. They are the only company that is taking that long!!! I love Revolution, I love their packaging, and their quality is phenomenal for the price. I went to UDMA and its interesting to put faces to names that I hear on the phone with these companies. Art Stone especially.
From Art Stone en>fr fr>en
By dddancer88Premium member Comments: 83, member since Tue May 18, 2004
On Tue Feb 22, 2011 08:50 AM
Dear Nicloe25,
Needless to say, I am very unhappy to read your post. I truthfully do not understand what went wrong with your order and attempt to place an order. There is no excuse for you to be put through any additional stress.
We do take phone orders if the teacher wants to place an order that way. Our ship date now is ten weeks since this is the height of the season.
I would love it if you would call the office and ask to speak to me personally. If I am not in I will get back to you within 24 hours. I can assure you I will do everything in my power to make up for any problem you had.
Sincerely,
Art Stone
Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch