Forum: Disco / Disco

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Disco
Do NOT upload pictures into every post you reply to! (karma: 6)
By pharmadancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3459, member since Tue Mar 16, 2004
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 06:54 AM
Made sticky by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-04-24 06:54:34
Edited by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-04-24 06:56:58

As most of you have noticed, we have recently added a feature that allows all of our members to upload a picture when replying to posts.

Us mods have definitely noticed a change, because we have had to delete or remove images left, right, and centre.

Unless your image is extremely relevant to the thread, please do not upload random photos to the thread. If the thread is asking for pictures of, say, teddy bears - than you can upload a picture of a teddy bear. But if a post is a good luck post for sally, then it's not relevant to post a picture of yourself when you reply to say good luck, is it?

You should also remember that hotlinking pictures is also highly recommended, since it takes up less room on the ddn servers.

The disco forums have ample places for you to post pictures of yourself. In the rest of dance.net, no one usually posts the same picture of themselves over and over. Here, however, it has become normal to post the same picture on the good luck forum, the photos forum, the results forum, the solos forum, the advice forum, etc, etc...

Uploading irrelevant photos into every post that you reply to is called spamming, and is against the rules. I have had to go through members profiles and delete over 20-30 posts because they have the same picture in every single post. Having an avatar is the way to put your picture next to every single post - not by uploading the same picture over and over.

If a member continues to break the rules, they will be banned.

27 Replies to Do NOT upload pictures into every post you reply to!

re: Do NOT upload pictures into every post you reply to!
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 08:37 AM
Thanks for putting this stickie here
I hope all read this and stop all the added Photos it gets very tiring seeing the same photo in everyones posts and also make sthe Mods a lot of work

Mama DD's xxx
By pinkypolmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 572, member since Tue Oct 04, 2005
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 09:00 AM
hiya

i'm glad someones metioned this because sometimes people say do you like my new cozzie and then they post a pic of their cozzie and its a little rude.

lov polz x x
By viewfinder Comments: 22, member since Fri Jan 28, 2005
On Thu May 31, 2007 09:49 PM
People use pictures to express themselves they don't always think of servers and such they just think a picture is cute so others might think like wise..It's a way of sharing.Not a bad thing.
By cactus_chickmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1963, member since Fri Jun 30, 2006
On Fri Jun 01, 2007 03:02 AM
THANK YOU!

im sick to DEATH of mod'ing pictures that DONT need to be there.

i do only notice this on the disco boards. *ponders*

cc x
By groovytwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14170, member since Fri Dec 26, 2003
On Sun Jun 03, 2007 01:51 PM
Thankyou so much, i am sick to death of seeing pictures of the person making a comment, added into every single post. Maybe people will listen to this!
By DiscoQueenSophie Comments: 2795, member since Wed Apr 12, 2006
On Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:28 PM
Hi,

Really useful sticky. I have got this feature i use it sometimes when i am giving someone an avatar to save me uploading it into photobucket lol i just use the new feature as it's easier. It is annoying and i do know someone who uploads a different picture on every reply they make and it isn't even to do with anything the post is going on about lol.

I don't think the mods have noticed yet though lol.

Rated this though it come in use and was handy for me to read even though i don't upload a piccie in every post.

Love Sophie x x x x :D
By xdancer_kayleyxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 847, member since Sun May 28, 2006
On Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:26 AM
hiya,
i agree some people just post any rtandom picture when it has nothing to do with the post!

but..i do think it is nice to see peoples cozzies and stuff when theyy post a comment!
kayley x
By mum2_3dancersmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4296, member since Tue Jun 08, 2004
On Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:37 PM
Edited by mum2_3dancers (95935) on 2007-07-07 12:39:30
Hi

*Sigh* and still it continues I find it so rude when reading a post congratulating someone or about their new costume and there are random pictures of people in with their little bit of text.

It seems to be the same people all the time too which means they aren't even taking note of the mod reports that they must recieve about the ones that have already been taken off.

Hmmmm is there no way we can have this Sticky Flashing at everyone who comes on the boards and until you have acknowledged it you can't look anywhere else.... Nope didnt think it would be possible lol.

Take care

Tracy xx
By twinkletoes08member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2082, member since Tue Feb 18, 2003
On Thu Aug 23, 2007 04:51 AM
I dont Know the link for adding pictures could someone please tell me what it is ??

Also its quite annoying when someone makes a board like, do you like my new costume and people post pictures of theirs, its like a competition of costumes.

Twinkletoes08
By TattyTedBabemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 87, member since Fri Sep 21, 2007
On Sun Sep 23, 2007 01:48 AM
Thanks for making that clear i have only been a meber for a day ro 2 and i am already sick of seeing pictures that dont really need to be ther.
By rachbear73member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4523, member since Tue Mar 07, 2006
On Tue Nov 20, 2007 02:35 PM
this drives me round the twist and Im on the edge as it is.

STOP IT!!!

Its the same people all the time. Ive started to MOD them, hope this is right.

Rach x
By gigeenicky Comments: 407, member since Thu Feb 28, 2008
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 02:48 AM
Hi, Unfortunatly I've just put a photo up on congratulations page. I was hoping it would be a small one next to name but it turned up HUGE. I tried to edit comment to remove the photo but to no joy. Any advice ?
By amii_bbe_xxx Comments: 28, member since Wed Feb 13, 2008
On Tue May 13, 2008 01:56 PM
I Agree....
it sometimes doesnt upload on mi screen an gts annoyning
and seeing the same photo over and over again
By Ashleigh95member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2293, member since Mon Sep 27, 2004
On Wed Jul 30, 2008 04:57 PM
Hey

Thanks for putting this up, i find it annoying when people add silly photos of themselves!

Ashleigh x
By premierchamp92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3584, member since Mon Jul 09, 2007
On Fri Oct 24, 2008 04:54 PM
Adding a photo over & over is just work for you Mods as everyone has already seen it, plenty of times! Thanks for the reminder :)

Charliee
x x x x x
By LittleLauren Comments: 247, member since Thu Nov 27, 2008
On Thu Jan 08, 2009 01:19 PM
Hi thanks for explaining that,it is very annoying seeing photos which dont have anything to do with the suject
By Mackenzie Comments: 11, member since Fri Jan 30, 2009
On Tue Feb 03, 2009 01:20 PM
oh yh doyou work for aod?
because you have shown a pic?

Comment #8669658 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-11-19 17:10:17 Typing Like This Makes Your Posts Very Hard To Read

By dancer_sarah_16 Comments: 65, member since Mon Dec 14, 2009
On Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:40 PM
Great post so happy to see it being a sticky, :D
I also find it annoying and I am sick to death of seeing everyones pictures when they don't need to be there!
Sarah Louise
x
By Izzy2009member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 54, member since Tue Dec 08, 2009
On Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:55 AM
I really hope lots of people read this as When there are lots of pictures instead of actual comments, the threads start to get boring
By lauren98 Comments: 216, member since Mon Jul 26, 2010
On Tue Jul 19, 2011 09:39 AM
Hi thanks for saying something about this
bacause it gets realy annoying!
lauren
By Lucee_x Comments: 29, member since Tue Aug 23, 2011
On Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 AM
Thankyou:)I don't really like them... :L Lucy x
By rosalinastar Comments: 26, member since Wed Nov 09, 2011
On Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:03 PM
can you only upload a picture if you are a full member ?????

Comment #9775812 deleted

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch