Forum: Europe / Europe - General

Eurovision Song Contest 2007
By Kaarinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 03, 2007 05:07 AM

It's almost here! :) Are you going to watch the contest? I'm very excited to see how it goes this year and see all those people coming here to Helsinki :]

16 Replies to Eurovision Song Contest 2007

re: Eurovision Song Contest 2007
By Marketta
On Thu May 03, 2007 05:55 AM
What is your favorite song this year? I haven't heard all of them yet, but I think Dervish had a nice song. Hanna's song is ok, but I don't think we're going to win with it, it's not special enough...
On Thu May 03, 2007 06:32 AM
I haven't heard all of them either, but I like the song "They can't stop the spring" by Dervish. Someone said Hanna would be 4th, but someone else bets she's 34th. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait :)
By Puss_in_Bootsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 03, 2007 06:40 AM
Woah, dude, the finals are on my birthday! And I'll be home to watch the semi-finals... just not the finals. :P

The only entrant I've heard of is The Ark - have one of their older albums (Burn the Sun) and it's great so I should check out the song they're playing for this.
By GrubbleBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 03, 2007 11:58 AM
I was just going to make a thread about it when I saw this one. I always watch the Eurovision song contest, its sort of a ritual and tradition for me. I adore it with all my heart. And I get so into it during the voting that I become borderline psycho. I haven't heard any songs except one that has vampires in it or something on those lines. I don't even know who sings it. Shame on me :P

I'm really excited for the semi-finals as Malta has to pass through them first. I seriously hope we do, as although the song isn't super special or anything, the singer is awesome.
By Marketta
On Fri May 04, 2007 06:38 AM
^ Ooh, if I remember correctly Malta had a song called something like "seventh wonder" or something like that some years ago and I absolutely fell in love with it and I was devastated when it didn't win. I can't remember last years song, but a year before that Malta had a really nice song too. Haven't heard your entry for this year yet...
On Fri May 04, 2007 12:05 PM
^Yup it was Ira Losco with 7th wonder and we came second. Tell us Maltese about being annoyed. We were so close. It was an awesome song. It had potential. Last year we came last lol. Such an emberrassment. We had 'I do', the stupidest song ever.

This year we have this (hehe a little video always propaganda helps):

youtube.com . . .
By Rocky13member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon May 07, 2007 08:45 AM
Edited by Rocky13 (98635) on 2007-05-07 08:49:52
England's entry is Scooch - Flying the Flag and it's pure CHEESE!

myspace.com . . .

Can't wait for Saturday!

Love Rochelle xxxxx
On Tue May 08, 2007 01:16 AM
Those songs sound really good :) It would be nice to get more videos here, so we could listen to them while waiting for Saturday night...

Here's Finland's entry by Hanna Pakarinen: www.youtube.com . . .

*Puss_in_Boots - Have a wonderful birthday! :)
On Fri May 11, 2007 11:02 AM
Yesterday's semi-final is over and Malta is out of the game. I'm really annoyed. Not a single country from western europe passed through. Most are suspecting that voting was done according to neighbours rather than for the song as such. I mean adore eastern european countries, but I'm not that glad that songs like those of Iceland and Swizerland (my favourite 2) were kicked out.

Tomorrow is the final, I wish everyone all the best!! May the best song win!
On Sat May 12, 2007 01:10 AM
^GrubbleBubble, I'm sorry Malta didn't get to the finals. Right now I can't remember Iceland's song, but Switzerland was also one of my favorites. Like you said, people are probably voting for their neighbour countries, but I'm sure there are also those, who will vote for a song they think is the best.

But whoever wins, we're still going to get a good show for tonight! Best luck to everyone and have fun! :)
By cactus_chickmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 12, 2007 12:37 PM
C'MON UK!

"were flying the flag all over the world.....were flying the flag for you!"

only 23 mins to go! :D :D

love steph x
By Rocky13member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 12, 2007 03:20 PM
Hi

My favourites were:
Russia
Greece
Belarus
Finland

And well done to Scooch...nil poi at the moment unfortunately!

Love Rochelle xxxxx
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 12, 2007 03:46 PM
This is insane, I know scooch arn't great but surely we deserve more nill
On Sat May 12, 2007 04:51 PM
Edited by Kaarina (165703) on 2007-05-12 16:52:33
Hello Europe, this is Finland calling!! (hehee, just had to say that ;) ) And congrats to Serbia! You did a great job.

We love you Sweden, you gave us 12 points!! The Ark should have got more points. Hälsningar från Finland :)

Hanna did a wonderful performance, but we probably have to wait another 50 years to win again... At least we didn't end up the lucky losers. It's a shame that Ireland didn't get more points; we really liked their song.

UK - at least you got some points. Your song was really fun :)

So, what do you think of our show?

Love,
Kaarina & Marketta
By Pamelaroykmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 13, 2007 04:15 AM
I haven't seen all the contest but we have the 5th or the 6th position, yeah GREECE!

I liked Romania, really fun!

Pamelaroyk :D
On Sun May 13, 2007 04:28 AM
hehe me, my boyfriend and hairdresser decided to boycott the eurovision this year and refused to watch it :P Yup, sore losers here!! I was itching to run to where they were showing it on a big screen but didn't. Now, I'm praying that I'll catch a rerun (they always show it for at least 3 times again here in Malta) I'm watching some videos on youtube as I type. I'm too addicted to eurovision to abandon it in this way.

Congrats to Serbia! Not my favourite song, but still. I don't get a word she's saying but it sound nice.

UK people, us Maltese gave you guys 12 points :D It was a cute song, in its cheesyness and I'm sure it deserved more points.

ReplySendWatch