Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - General

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Jazz - General
What Is Jazz It Up::. The Guide to The jazz Magazine
By Arielmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1836, member since Tue Jun 28, 2005
On Tue May 22, 2007 02:38 PM
Edited by Tiluulu (134537) on 2007-05-22 15:05:31
Made sticky by calypso (11968) on 2007-05-23 06:51:39

Okay, so I know that some of you have no clue what Jazz It Up is. Well, here you go. The Guide To Jazz It Up.

What Is Jazz It Up?

Jazz It Up is a magazine made for jazz lovers and dancers. It includes many of the following things:

-Interviews With other members
-DDN Avatar Ideas
-Pictures of Members (sometimes)
-Great Sticky Post that should be read
-Awesome Ideas
-And more Ideas written by the readers
-And... Letters to 'Jazz It Up' itself!

If you would like to be a part of the Jazz It Up magazine Committee, please keep reading. If you'd like to be in part of the Jazz It Up magazine, keep reading also

Jazz It Up Committee

As of now, the only person in the JIU Committee is me. If you want to join, please contact me and I will tell you if there is room or not (as of now, yes!).

The JIU committee is in charge of helping in the making of magazines, organizing people that wnat to be in it etc. In the JIU committee, not one person is in charge, but all are. All of us listen to everyones ideas and take them into consideration. Of course, we will all decide on them and We'll put them in the magazines.

So, You want to be Included in The Next Jazz It Up Issue?

If you would like to be included in the next JIU Issue, please via contact a JUI Committee member. Perferrably the one in charge of the JUI interviewers, which, as of now, is me.

Tiluulu

Jazz IT Up Interviwers

Jazz It Up Interviewers will be asked to answer at least 10 questions. If some are way to personal, please feel free to tell a JIU Committee member, or me. We do not want our interviwers or any members to feel uncomfortable.

When chosen to be interviewed, you will be PMed your questions. You will also recieve a number. That is the number of the issue you will be included in.

Jazz It Up Presidential/Head Buisness

Every two months, a new president/head will be chosen to lead JIU. This does not mean that person is in charge. It only means that they are to keep JIU under control and organized. Please remember that I am the founder and that no matter who is persident/head, they will have to consult through me before adding on new features to JIU.

About the Jazz It Up Founder

This is the last section of this post. It's all about me, too! Isn't that nice? Anyway, here is everything you need to know about me.

*I've danced with the Moscow Ballet in The Nutcracker
*I'm almost eleven years old
*I'm going to middle school in the school year of 07-08
*My favorite subject is reading
*And, I obviously love dance and DDN
*I live in Florida
*My name is Ariel
*I've been a member of DDN since Tue Jun 28, 2005 09:18 AM

And, wow... that's all! I hope this post helped newer members or members who never had a clue what Jazz It Up was. Have fun reading Jazz It Up!

~Tills~

34 Replies to What Is Jazz It Up::. The Guide to The jazz Magazine

re: What Is Jazz It Up::. The Guide to The jazz Magazine
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Tue May 22, 2007 03:41 PM
Sounds cool, but personally, I think whoever is president/head should be able to make modifications and add/remove features via a vote between all JIU members. As you don't know how long this is going to go on for...

And I'm happy, I'm number 13!!! Woo!
By Arielmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1836, member since Tue Jun 28, 2005
On Tue May 22, 2007 04:01 PM
true.... they can make changes,but they must consult with me first
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Tue May 22, 2007 06:20 PM
What I meant was that they should be able to make changes without needing to consult with you. There's no need for anyone to have a veto ruling over something that appears to be democratic with the formation of JIU members. I think your description of the committee and the president is totally contradictory to the suggesstion that new features have to be 'approved' by you.
On Tue May 22, 2007 06:26 PM
Yeah. Good Idea. Change: Presidents don't have to consult me
By Terpsi Comments: 2045, member since Tue Oct 04, 2005
On Tue May 22, 2007 06:45 PM
I would love to help with Jazz It Up. I have two days left of school, so this is perfect timing. I was interviewed forever ago, too (www.dance.net . . .). It was pre-namechange.

Ashley
On Tue May 22, 2007 07:18 PM
Alright. I'll add you to the JIU Committee.

~Tills~
On Wed May 23, 2007 01:00 PM
I'd like to help on the JIU committee. I'm not sure how much time I have, but if you need me, let me know, and if I find that I'm unable to help, I'll let you know that I'm resigning.

I'm assuming that because you were the only member you're going to be president for the first couple of months?
On Wed May 23, 2007 01:24 PM
Alright, I'll add you on, but when we get organized and everyone has joined wh owants to then we'll pick. I'm not going to be president unless they elect me, I don't want it to seem unfare...

~Tills~
On Thu May 24, 2007 01:16 PM
Emma- In charge of Interviewers and Questions

Terpsi- In charge of member pics

If you want to switch, or change jobs, go ahead. I don't care what job you have.

~Tills~
By Yvonnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3624, member since Sat Dec 04, 2004
On Thu May 24, 2007 02:56 PM
do you have to take jazz?
On Thu May 24, 2007 03:19 PM
No, you don't have to take jazz, BUT the interviewers MUST take ballet OR jazz.

~Tills~
On Thu May 24, 2007 03:49 PM
I'd just like to say it might be easier if we communicated via PM from now on? Just so we can agree on what's going in etc.? And I'm going to suggest that the committee agrees on questions before they get sent out, and well, basically, committee approve each issue before it goes out.

Also - just a little grammatical correction, Interviewers: People who ask questions. Interviewees: People who answer questions.

ps, I have a dance.net email, so if you want to contact me on that, it might be easier...
On Thu May 24, 2007 05:50 PM
Edited by Tiluulu (134537) on 2007-05-24 17:54:18 Had to add another paragraph
Alright. My DDN email was deleted because I wanted a namechange, so I asked Andrew to deleted my gmail... so yeah, I don't have mine. But, you can contact me at tappin_gurl95@hotmail.com. I will make an e-mail for jazz it up and give the committee the password/username so I don't get all the emails. I am also going to make the website, once I've started making it, I will let you know the adress.

It Will be a message board, so I can take comments etc. Via contacting by PM is fine, it'd be easier. The JIU email will be for interviewees and other DDN members. Be sure to become a member on the boards when I give you the adress so I can be sure your listed as JIU Committee Staff.

~Tills~
By Yvonnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3624, member since Sat Dec 04, 2004
On Thu May 24, 2007 07:03 PM
excuse my being slow but,
since i take irish i can't be on the JIU Committee? if so that's okay i was just wondering
On Thu May 24, 2007 07:22 PM
No, you can be on the JIU committee. It's just that the people you interview must take ballet or jazz, or some type of dance relating to jazz. You are allowed to join the JIU committee :)

~Tills~
On Thu May 24, 2007 07:25 PM
ok i'm in :)
P.S. right now i am working on a Choreography that looks kinda like jazz.
On Thu May 24, 2007 07:28 PM
Okay! Thanks for joining!

~Tills~
On Sun May 27, 2007 07:34 AM
I've sent the questions to the next person due to be interviewed, but her last activity was May 17th.

How long is too long to wait before sending the questions to the next person and holding her issue?

What do people think?
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 01:53 PM
Just a quick update - I've been busy, and haven't had a chance to send questions to interviewee #4 (well, due to be anyway) because #2 & 3 haven't replied.

Am getting onto that now.
By maxinechar Comments: 72, member since Thu May 17, 2007
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 04:30 PM
this sound really good!!!!!
On Wed Jun 06, 2007 01:22 PM
That's fine Emma... if you're busy you're busy :?

-Tiluulu
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Thu Jul 19, 2007 09:40 AM
Ill be interviewed!
By LilithiaPremium member Comments: 67, member since Sat May 13, 2006
On Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:35 AM
Sounds cool. I'll sign up for an interview sometime, maybe.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Thu Oct 11, 2007 07:13 AM
Sounds interesting. Can't wait to read an issue.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch