Priority Dance Jobs

Forum: Irish / Irish - Softshoe

Irish - Softshoe
Fays Celtic Choice en>fr fr>en
By ksfeismum Comments: 519, member since Fri Mar 09, 2007
On Wed May 23, 2007 05:31 PM

Can anyone tell me about Fays Celtic Choice softshoes? Specifically for wide feet. My daughter currently wears Hullachan Pros, which she likes alot, but her tc does not like the way they make her feet look. I was surprised, because they are great shoes and they look alot better on her feet than her old Rutherfords or Pacellis. I am most concerned about how a show will support her feet, of course, so i was going to reorder the Hullachans, but then I was reading about Fays new Celtic Choice, and wondered if anyone has had experience, good or bad with them. How do they look on wide feet? Do they support the foot well? Do they stretch out alot, and how well do they last? Just a few questions for ya! Thanks

6 Replies to Fays Celtic Choice

re: Fays Celtic Choice en>fr fr>en
On Wed May 23, 2007 05:34 PM
Sorry--"shoe" not "show"
By SpiffyLlama78 Comments: 1465, member since Fri Apr 22, 2005
On Wed May 23, 2007 05:49 PM
I love mine, I've had the same pair for a year and they're just starting to die, but before you switch brands, have you tried Hullachans in a wider width?
On Wed May 23, 2007 06:01 PM
No, we haven't tried a wider width, because I think we bought the widest ones they had! It isn't that the Hullachans don't look wide enough, it's that her tc just does not like the look of them for some reason--she thinks they make my dd's feet look ugly. And also, even though we were told they would not stretch out, they totally have, so they look too long and narrow, if you can believe that (especially since her feet are sooo wide!) It's confusing I know. But I'm glad you like your Celtic Choice(es).
By damhsoirDOTcom Comments: 72, member since Sun Jun 12, 2005
On Wed May 23, 2007 09:10 PM
I have fairly normal width feet... but love my Celtic Choice shoes. I use them for competition only and then use Hullachans for classes (2-3 hours). The CC look a lot better on stage because they really accentuate the arch. But the Hullachans are more comfortable to me for extended classes.
By elliebelliemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1990, member since Mon Nov 22, 2004
On Thu May 24, 2007 05:32 AM
Ok.. to answer the stretching and lifespan:

Mine stretched about 1.5inches. I bought a size 1.5 irish, and I'm actually a size 5 and by the time I bought a new pair they fit like a glove.

They lasted me less than a year - since it's such thin leather, and for me, the metal things where you put the laces through went first, and then the holes in the toes started to come. I still wear them for practice though.

My feet are a tiny bit too wide for normal width irish shoes, but too thin for wide shoes - so I squeeze my feet in the normal width shoes and just let it stretch.

Hullachans and CC sort of look the same (to me that is) - so if your daughters TC like the CC if she didn't like the Hullachans on your daughters feet? Just a thought.

There are other brands such as Boyne Walk, Corrs, Reel Comfort (made by Boyne Walk), Steprite, Brigadun, Shannon or Trinity.

Here are some online shops to look at softshoes:
www.celticsoles.com.au . . .
www.irishdanceshop.com
keilys.com . . .
www.corrsirishshoes.com

Hope this helps.

elliebellie
On Thu May 24, 2007 10:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I guess we will just have to try them out to see what the TC thinks, and how my dd likes them. We have a vendor who will let us return them if we need to. Thanks,elliebellie for the other sites too--I will look them up. I never thought buying soft-shoes could get so complicated, but I guess they're just like everything else in Irish Dance!

ReplySendWatch