Forum: General / Reviews

Reviews
My "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" Review (spoiler warning!) (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4424, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Fri May 25, 2007 09:00 PM

Ok, if you don't want to be spoiled, stop reading.

Here are a couple of things.

-The music seemed to be stronger than all of the other movies.
-The movie wrapped up the whole entire story quite nicely. However, some of the questions were not answered. Like, the story of how the Kraken (spelling?) died, etc.

-The way Davy Jones died was quite planned, and expected, but some people DO wish for some suprise on things like this.
-Everyone expected that Will and Elizabeth would get married, but how the movies were, it just dragged on and on.
-Some of the characters in the new movie were not named, and some people were pretty important, and did not got recognized as they should.

I know a lot of people read spoilers, even they dont want to be spoiled, but to prevent being anymore spoiled than this, I will not post anymore, and I will let you see the movie for yourself.

But all in all, if I were to rate this by star and/or 1-10, I would give it **** stars out of 5 and 8/10.

~MK

14 Replies to My "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" Review (spoiler warning!)

re: My "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" Review (spoiler warning!) en>fr fr>en
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4424, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Sat May 26, 2007 08:19 AM
EDIT:

-We finally know the story of the locket and why Tia Dalma and Davy Jones both have them.

-In my own opinion, there were funnier points in this movie then in the other two.

I will add more later, once I get the chance. I got to go.

~MK
re: My "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" Review (spoiler warning!) en>fr fr>en
By EchoDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 941, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 PM
I personally thought that the first and second were funnier, but I enjoyed the 3rd, because it had more action.

The way Davie Jones died was expected, but how else was he going to die? I guess that they could have come up with another way, but oh well.

-Panda
By QueensJennmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1278, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Sun May 27, 2007 04:40 PM
BARBOSSA!! And he was a GOOD GUY!! And he DIDN'T DIE!!

Ha, sorry...I've loved the heck out of Barbossa ever since the first movie. I knew he was softie underneath!!
By SilverBellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2198, member since Sun Apr 09, 2006
On Sun May 27, 2007 10:01 PM
The first 2 were deffinetly funnier. There's obviously gotta be another one after this, I gonna guess pertaining to the fountain lol I had a little trouble following this one at some parts actually...But hey, multiple Johnny Depps on screen at once **drool**

~ Snack
By EchoDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 941, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Sun May 27, 2007 10:19 PM
No there won't be another one. The producers of it said that this is the final one.
-Panda
By greekprincess Comments: 706, member since Sat Jul 03, 2004
On Sun May 27, 2007 10:35 PM
I loved the movie, but it definitely didn't turn out the way I expected it to. A couple characters died that I didn't expect would and the whole thing with Will becoming the captain of the Flying Dutchman was kind of sad :( . There seemed to be a lot more dialouge in this one than the previous two and seemed much more serious. At times, the story was a bit hard to follow, but by the end I think most questions were answered. I went to the first showing and it was completely packed! There were also TONS of people dressed as pirates (including one older guy that was not only dressed as a pirate, but also talking like one, lol, :) ) which was also very entertaining ;) All in all, the movie was great, but I REALLY wish they would make a fourth!

Hannah

P.S. Because Cutler Beckett had control of Davy Jones' heart, he ordered Jones to kill his "pet", which was the Kraken
By Arielmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1836, member since Tue Jun 28, 2005
On Mon May 28, 2007 09:19 PM
I Agree MK, however the movie was quite fast and had so much going on at one time that you probably missed a bit of it. I know I did. I will watch it again and see what I missed, the more you watch, the more you recognize.

~Tills~
On Tue May 29, 2007 04:34 AM
i agree with that^. I'm probably going to go see it again this week, just to notice more things, and write them down here.

~MK
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1707, member since Wed Mar 30, 2005
On Tue May 29, 2007 12:20 PM
^^^ I don't think Will becoming the captain of the flying dutchman was sad at all considering if Jack didnt do that Will would have died for good and now he can still see Elizabeth if only in 10 year intervals. It is better than death in my opinion.
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2842, member since Wed Jul 06, 2005
On Tue May 29, 2007 01:43 PM
Johnny Depp killed the cracken...I think they thought people would know from the ending of the 2nd movie.
By QueensJennmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1278, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Tue May 29, 2007 05:09 PM
^^
Nope, Davy Jones killed the Kraken. It's a bit of a throwaway line from Cutler Beckett -- he's talking to D.J. about how he has the heart and can therefore control him, and says something about .. "how I made you kill your pet" (the Kraken.)

The Kraken ate Jack at the end of the last movie.

Oh lord, I am too obssessed with these movies -_-'''
By ChoChomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4151, member since Fri May 13, 2005
On Tue May 29, 2007 05:23 PM
Well after reading all of the replies, I realized that I definatly have to go back and see it again. I was so confused when I was watching it! But now I understand it better.
re: My en>fr fr>en
By balletpoodle6 Comments: 676, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Fri Jun 01, 2007 09:53 PM
In the beginning of the movie, there is that boy who got hung. Who is he? And at the end after the credits, it shows Elizibeth and her son. Her son looked exactly like the the boy that got hung. Does anyone know if they are the same person?
I heard from a friend there are going to be 5 movies in all. She heard that on Extra or Access Hollywood. Does anyone know if it's true?
re: My en>fr fr>en
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16311, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:22 PM
There is another conversation going on here. You might find it interesting to read.

www.dance.net . . .

kk~

ReplySendWatch