Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Ladies, if you could be partnered by any guy, who would it be?
By rmdanceguy1
On Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 AM

If you could be partnered by any guy famous or non-famous, who would it be? Why? Is there a guy who if he asked you to be his partner, you would say yes without hesitation?

33 Replies to Ladies, if you could be partnered by any guy, who would it be?

re: Ladies, if you could be partnered by any guy, who would it be?
By ChoChomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 28, 2007 11:15 AM
Angel Corella! He is my favorite male dancer. If fainting counts as hesitating, then yes I would, but I would definatly say yes when I could find the words to say so!
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 28, 2007 04:04 PM
The boy I like!!! Even though, he doesn't dance, I still have dreams about us doing a Pas De Deux or something!!!! I would totally die, and then be reborn after he asked me!!!!

~MK
By Claritinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 28, 2007 10:39 PM
Yes, Angel for me, too.
Oh baby, hubba hubba.
Ladies, if you could be partnered by any guy, who would it be?
By dreamyangel
On Wed May 30, 2007 07:34 PM
Edited by dreamyangel (143436) on 2007-05-30 19:36:48
Corella or Malakhov! I LOVE them. They are gorgeous and amazing dancers! If I could be miss Polina for just 1 day ...
By sntjshmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 04, 2007 07:16 PM
Malakhov!!!
re: Ladies, if you could be partnered by any guy, who would it be? (karma: 1)
By RebelRosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 05, 2007 06:42 PM
michail baryshnikov.....if he were younger...but what about channing tatum...he might not be able to do pas de deux ......but he can learn! lol....
By THeBaLLeRiNa
On Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:45 PM
Angel Corella!!! LOL :D
By mengballerina
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 06:41 AM
Roberto Bolle! He is so wonderful on stage ... so much charisma ... wow.
By puppies_flyPremium member
On Sat Jul 07, 2007 01:50 PM
Is this supposed to be reallistically speaking or not? I'm not sure from most people's answers.

Semi-realistically, Daniel Ulbricht. Becuase I'm one of not too many girls who isn't taller than him on pointe, and more because he is such an enthusiastic (and funny) teacher and I think it would be great to work with him one on one. Today my adagio class had some corps members of NYCB as well as Ask La Cour (soloist) and I didn't prepare anything for performance, but I did do a combination with most of them. We all want Daniel to come in next week for class but nobody thinks that will happen. I also did a little section of Stars and Stripes with Stephen Hanna (principal) but I don't know if that counts because there were 5 or 6 of us just kind of running through that one little part with him for maybe 20 seconds each.

Unrealistically, Baryshnikov many years ago. And I wouldn't hesitate to attempt partnering with pretty much anybody who thinks we might be able to work together, although I would stop if things weren't working out and we could both find better-suited partners.
By cybdansermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 07, 2007 02:39 PM
I would be much too intimidated to dance with a famous person! They're used to dancing with other amazing professionals, and I just couldn't compare.

However, I wish I could dance the sugarplum fairy PDD with the guy who was our cavalier last year. ;) If it were possible, I'd like to wait several more years; when I'm older and a better dancer.
By NOVA0
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 02:09 PM
There are sooo many wonderful dancers. But I have always dreamed of dancing with Mikhail Baryshnikov since I was little. *sigh* I actually did have I dream were I danced with him. I guess that was God's way of granting my wish.

In reality I would probably never dance with a partner in a stage setting. I'm not good enough to dance professionally and probably never will be. Oh well..*sigh*...I can still dream can't I? I guess that's why God gave me that gift (of dreaming I mean).

I will share this with you all though. I not too long ago did partner a little with one of the young men I liked, whose dancing I respected and who was definately not hard on the eyes either. MAN!, that made me a nervous wreck though. I felt like an idiot! I had flashbacks of the first time my teacher did partnering with me in private lessons years ago and he had me do a pirouette. I was so used to doing it without a partner that I didn't think to pull my arms in closer and I smacked my teacher right across the face with my arm. He was wearing his glasses that day. I felt that I had hit him and turned around to look. I saw his glasses sitting crooked on his face, his eyes were closed and he just took a deep breath in. All I could think and say was "OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH!!! Are you OK?!? I'm SOOOO sorry." He just said sooo calmly and patiently "Just be sure to pull your arms in more next time." Don't worry I didn't take out my fellow student that night. But I did share that story with him and let him know that was why I was so nervous. I'm such a klutz. That's probably why God just let me dream about partnering with Mikhail Baryshnikov because he's afraid I'd probably knock the poor guy out. LOL
By LiquidIcemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 02:55 PM
RUDOLPH NUREYEV!!!
I love him. I wish he was still alive so I could see him. My aunt met him once. I was so jealous.... he was such a teriffic dansur!
By Evangelinemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 04:05 PM
I read that Baryshnikov was a terrible partner. :O

I'm going to have to go with Ethan Steifel. He's young, attractive, and generally kicks butt.
By NOVA0
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:46 AM
I had never heard that about Mikhail Baryshnikov. I have always admired him as a dancer. That's why he was my choice. I would just feel honored to be partnered by him because I admire him as a dancer. I'm sure you know how that is or what I mean.

Although you made an excellent choice with Ethan Steifel too Evangeline. I think he is a great dancer as well and wouldn't mind being partnered by him either.

Like I said before there are sooo many wonderful dancers it's hard to narrow down which ones we would pick for our dream partners.
By x_Ballet_luver_x
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:04 AM
Roberto Bolle :D .. wow.
By Maggie5
On Sat Jul 14, 2007 07:19 PM
Kind of a tough decision, but I think I'd have to go with Mikhail Baryshnikov a long time ago. I'm basically in love with him in that old movie The Turning Point even though he plays a bit of a jerk.

~Maggie~
By SugarPlumFairy1
On Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:25 PM
I would love to partner with Robert Fairchild from NYCB. Not only is he an awesome dancer, hes cute too. :)
By dancetobreathe
On Sat Jul 28, 2007 09:09 PM
Oh well if I could go back in time then Baryshnikov! But in the present, definately Malakhov!! *sigh*
By LMdancer1
On Sun Jul 29, 2007 06:37 PM
i'd have to say corella, I absolutely love how tries to flatter the girl while still looking awesome himself. His stage presence is amazing!!

There are also some guys at my studio that I love partnering with, even though they aren’t famous :)
By live4dance1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 29, 2007 07:09 PM
a guy at my studio, Berishincov(sp, or Corella.
By sleeping_in
On Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:00 AM
tehe,
johan kobborg. i have a little crush on him. i think hes a brilliant dancer :)
By MangoTangomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:08 AM
Edited by MangoTango (115848) on 2007-07-30 00:09:27
Johnny Depp.
Hehe :D

/stupidhijack
By Gaudium
On Tue Jul 31, 2007 04:57 PM
My heart is broken no one chose me.
By dancetobreathe
On Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:05 AM
OK! forget my post above. I forgot to mention Daniil Simkin.. Ohh my gosh!! definately him!!
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch