Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

For Those Who Hula, What Does Your (Fill In the Blank) Look Like?
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 04, 2007 09:03 PM

This one is to drum up a little extra participation on this board. For a long time I've wanted to represent to the rest of DDN a little of what Hula is, and sometime down the road more about Tahitian. Someone else a little more familiar with another form of Polynesian can do their own in their own way. I'm just not qualified to since I haven't really studied or danced anything else.

For now, though, I figured we could have a What Does Your (INSERT Hula Hands Here) look like?

Like if we did certain common words like mountain, flower, look and/or see (some people have one or two ways to do each one, some people use just one movement for both words), hair, rain... You could just show your hands for something simple like 'pua' (flower), and if you want you could post your whole upper half for look and/or see and blur your face. Does anyone know what I mean?

I want to thank Kaleonahenahe for actually posting herself on YouTube and linking it to us. Girl, you are WAY braver than I am. I'd like to stop hiding in the shadows and share my Aloha with everyone, but I'd rather do it with my DDN hula sisters on board with me. Who else thinks they'd like to try this out?

1 Replies to For Those Who Hula, What Does Your (Fill In the Blank) Look Like?

re: For Those Who Hula, What Does Your (Fill In the Blank) Look Like?
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 05, 2007 07:00 PM
I LOVE this idea!

It's been quite awhile since I've done Hula....BUT I do remember quite a bit.

I'll post. :)

ReplySendWatch