Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

tryout solo?
By dancer_meggs
On Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:18 AM

hey this is the 2nd year i tryed out for my dance team and i didn't make it again. I know there's a big fault in my solos i've been doing. so i was just wondering, what kind of solos do you do for your tryouts for dance team?

4 Replies to tryout solo?

re: tryout solo?
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 11, 2007 06:41 PM
What are the requirements for your dance team solo?

We never had to do solos for my high school team's tryouts. Instead we just ahd to add on four counts of 8 to the end of the tryout routine. Basically a cahnce to show off your other skills rather than necessarily highlighting choreography skills.

Now, for my college team I did have to choreograph a one minute solo incorproating both hiphop adn jazz elements. I used the song "SOS".

I think that for an audition solo, for a dance team, you need to choose music that...

1. Shows off your tecnique skills

or

2. Highlights your stage presence.

Although preferably it would do both. I think a sassy jazz number would achieve this adequately.

If you ahve more specific questions, let me know.
By dancer_meggs
On Fri Jun 15, 2007 01:34 PM
actually my tryouts have to do both options you gave A and B. now i really could do any dance style for the tryouts next year.But what I have training in is pom, lyrical and jazz, but none of this is very formal at all.
By butters
On Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:57 AM
What kinds of things are required or highly recomended to make the team, skill wise, and otherwise? what styles of dance does the team perform? does the team compete? what do they perform for?
By bornadiva92
On Fri Aug 24, 2007 07:31 AM
i would suggest thinking about the routine you already learned, and doing another type of dance the team performs. that way the judges could see that you are versatile. also, add in a lot of interaction and eye contact with the judges. it will make them remember you.

ReplySendWatch