Forum: Guard / Color Guard

how to get colorguard at my school?
By dancer_meggs
On Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:53 AM

ok our school's band director got rid of colorguard at my high school b/c nobody really wanted to be apart of it and it costs the bnd department too much money. i was wondering if ya'll had any experiences like this and any advice of what to do about it. i always wanted to do colorguard but was never able to b/c my school doesn't offer it.

4 Replies to how to get colorguard at my school?

re: how to get colorguard at my school?
By browniex293
On Thu Jul 05, 2007 08:54 PM
Try to find freshmen who would want to do it, so you have people for the next few years. Try to find about ten people and have them go to the band director and ask him
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 07:46 AM
Well, I haven't experienced that but my friend has.
She wanted a guard at her school so she gathered everyone who was interested in it also.
But, then they wouldn't get funding from the band so they had to raise money on their own. So they had a ton of carwashes and earned money for their uniforms, equipment, and everything else they needed!
And, this will be this guards second year marching so maybe try what she had done.

Good Luck!!!
By browniex293
On Sun Jul 08, 2007 02:14 PM
try doing a lot of fundraisers like car washes and stuff. if you know what a scrip is,try selling those. you can kind of get money from that. Start by you instructing, if you know a lot of stuff, then once you get enough money hire an instructor.
By browniex293
On Sun Jul 08, 2007 02:16 PM

ReplySendWatch