Forum: Guard / Color Guard

Field Show Ideas!
By TooeleRifleNerd
On Wed Jun 20, 2007 04:25 PM

My guard and band are doing Pirates of the Caribean this next fall, my captain and I have a great idea concerning a saber fight. So one of our bass drummers is in ball room dance and he is really strong, and he was going to lift me over his bass and then i would go sliding under his little brother's legs for the final fight scene, which would be the fight scene in Pirates of the Caribean in the black smith's shop in the first movie. So what do you think and any other good ideas please share.

5 Replies to Field Show Ideas!

re: Field Show Ideas!
By EvilQueenLu
On Wed Jun 20, 2007 08:02 PM
it sounds like a great idea, but would u be using sabres or like fake swords? cause me and my friend were messing around making a sabre fight and the sabres got all scratched and stuff. if u do, i would suggest some kind of cheap sword instead of sabres.
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 09:39 AM
our band did this 3 years ago and the guard did a huge fight scene where they fought with each other and a few band members and killed the guard captain...lol
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 08:06 PM
I love that idea. It sounds like it would be awesome to watch like if you were in an audience. I would also suggest using a fake sword or something similar so your sabres don't get ruined. But, maybe they would be fine.
By HisGuardGirlBC
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 09:10 PM
oh yeah the sabres were used
By browniex293
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:19 AM
I think that's a great idea and you should use fake swords, or put lots of tape or something on your sabre, so it doesn't get scratched up.you should still use the sabres because you can toss them

ReplySendWatch