Popular Ballet

Big Toe Problem by hokiedancer
Hi! I'm an Irish dancer, but many times, we aren't as technically trained, so I am reaching out to...

Forum: Disco / Disco - Official Rules

Disco - Official Rules
Whats the oldest age you can start dancing ?? en>fr fr>en
By Clozzy_Dance Comments: 166, member since Sat Jan 20, 2007
On Mon Jun 25, 2007 09:22 AM

Hiia xx
I dance myself so your wondering why am i asking these questions
But my cousin wants to join and she's sixteen
Is that too old ??
I now theres lots of dancers way over sixteen dancing but i now theyre champs and have been dancing for ages
And ive never heard of u/18 beginner
I now some of the older dancers will now
As i now theres not really a limit on how old you have to start dancing is there like a limit when you cant start eg.Fifteen and over no new starters
Thanks xx

10 Replies to Whats the oldest age you can start dancing ??

re: Whats the oldest age you can start dancing ?? en>fr fr>en
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:53 PM
you are never too old to start dancing

There is no adult beginner though it is adult intermediate [ADFP rules]

Mama DD's xxx
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4197, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 07:19 AM
I started dancing comps at 18 - had to dance in Over 16 Starter as there is no Over 16 Beginner section. I'm now 22 and an Adult Champ so your cousin would be fine! She might just have to work that bit harder on flexibility and stamina if she's not used to it or never done it before.

Carly
re: Whats the oldest age you can start dancing ?? (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By rtizd Comments: 28, member since Sat Mar 03, 2007
On Sun Jul 15, 2007 01:14 PM
just wanted to say good on you for still dancing at 22 most people give it up at 16. its nice to know dancers like you exist

Comment #6236427 deleted
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2007-07-15 13:48:16 double post

By QueenDeemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3552, member since Sun Feb 26, 2006
On Sun Jul 15, 2007 01:20 PM
Hiyaa

Your Never Too Old To Start Dancing =D I Used To Do Competitions At My Old School That I Was At For 9 Years ! But They Stopped Competiting 4 Years Ago , And I Joined My Current Dancing Last Year . Im In Adult Starters Just Now But Moving Up Sooon & Cant wait !!
By DiscoHolliemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4757, member since Sun Nov 09, 2003
On Mon Jul 16, 2007 01:22 PM
<b> Hiya
She's never to old :D
She would have to go in adult starter though not beginners :D
danztar wrote:

She might just have to work that bit harder on flexibility and stamina if she's not used to it or never done it before.

Your cousin will have to work very hard on flexibility if she hasnt done gymnastics etc
Love Hollie
By disco_queen2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 546, member since Fri Jun 03, 2005
On Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 AM
you are never to old,
if it is something your cousin wants to do then good luck girl!
There IS ADULT STARTER she would dance is this section as there is no adult beginner.
It is actually not a very large category to dance in as by the time you reach adult agegroup girls have been dancin for years so they have reached inters, champs or have give up due to education commitments, had enough, BOYFRIENDS etc.
I say you go girl and give it a shot,What have you got to loose
Good luck Janet and Shannen
By DiscoQueenSophie Comments: 2795, member since Wed Apr 12, 2006
On Mon Jul 23, 2007 09:53 AM
HiYa,

Your cousin can start now if she wants.
I used to dance, stopped and am thinking of whether to start up again.
Because i miss it a little and want the exercise.
Hope this helps you in some way.

LoVe SoPhIe XxXx A.K.A = DiscoQueenSophie
By themoneytree Comments: 12, member since Tue Aug 07, 2007
On Tue Aug 07, 2007 03:15 PM
good luck to your cousin if she decides to start dancing she will be fine. as people say your never to old. in scotland they have and over 16 beg section as a few of the girls at my dancing dance in it
By Jess_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1402, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:23 AM
Yeah Like everyone has said , YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO DANCE!!

Although there is no adult begginner , therefore your cousin will dance in adult starters , which is fine , she will just have to work that extra little bit harder!

Love jess
xxxx

ReplySendWatch