Forum: Irish / Irish Photos - Members

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

My 3 year anniversary! ( In photos!)
By celticladymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 04:02 PM

Image hotlink - 'http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/celticlady/CVJ041_small.jpg'

No.....not on DDN. Today is my 3 year wedding anniversary to my IRISH DANCER husband! We actually met a little less than 5 years ago through ID class, and made it official 3 years ago today. I've actually included some shots where we danced at our reception:

Image hotlink - 'http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/celticlady/0618_small.jpg'

Husband and wife dancer feet!

Image hotlink - 'http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/celticlady/CVJ144_small.jpg'

Getting ready to dance.....bless my mother's heart. She "jigged" right along with us! Lol The girl in the photo is Emily, one of our friends from our school. A very sweet gal.

Image hotlink - 'http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/celticlady/CVJ145_small.jpg'

Dancing the jig. I'm valiantly trying to keep it G rated as a funny thing happened while dressing for pictures earlier that day. I was frazzled and forgot to bring my bridal lingerie to the botanical gardens for pictures, so I had to uh....do with out. My ever practical mother said "well it won't matter to Jason tonight anyway"....I could have died laughing.

Image hotlink - 'http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/celticlady/IMG_9442_small.jpg'

Here's my sweetheart supporting me at Memphis. He doesn't get to compete right now due to the hellacious hours he works, but he's always there to support me.

And while I'm here.....

Image hotlink - 'http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/celticlady/IMG_9424_edit_small.jpg'

The new solo dress!

Image hotlink - 'http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/celticlady/IMG_9231_small.jpg'

The new dress in action

Thanks for letting me share! :)

39 Replies to My 3 year anniversary! ( In photos!)

re: My 3 year anniversary! ( In photos!)
By adajane
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 04:08 PM
Happy Anniversary! You are sooo lucky to have a husband who's an irish dancer, and he seems very supportive. =)
By holly_irishdance
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 04:22 PM
Awwww! when I saw you're post about you're new dress I thought you were alot younger. Not in a ba way I just thought you couldn't be married like, but thats so sweet! That is so cool the way you have a dancer/husband! Aww!!!! and you look stunning in you're wedding photo! I love you're new dress. So traditional but yet with modern up to date fasions also. Its fab!

:) xxhollyxx :)
By gazelle3
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 04:27 PM
Those are some gorgeous photos!! I *heart* the white ghillies. How coll that you can dance together. And your new dress is just lovely, thanks for sharing!
By holly_irishdance
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 04:31 PM
You can get the white pomps here!

www.antoniopacelli.com

:) xxhollyxx :)
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 04:44 PM
Thanks! I'm actually 25 but I look much younger in full "regalia". That's fine by me, my mom doesn't look her age either.

It is awesome having a live-in practice buddy! We can run steps and help each other correct stuff. And I'll always have someone to 2-hand with....lol. He's already figured out our future kids are going to be Irish dancers, how did I get so lucky?
By dancingineire
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 04:48 PM
Just a little note to say I am SOOO Jealous! I wish my hubby had some rhythm! Congrats on your anniversary. I hope you two have a lifetime of dancing fun together. :)
By Aiyiss
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 05:39 PM
Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing and congatulations on your anniversary !
By Aiyiss
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 05:40 PM
Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing and congatulations on your anniversary !
By RodneysGlory
On Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:03 PM
Great photos! Thanks so much for sharing. Always great to have a dance partner!
By griffonhollymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:18 AM
Looking at you in your gorgeous dress with your husband by your side reminds me of when my fiance first learned what I used to do for fun. I just got my newest solo made from Colorweaver and I was so excited when it arrived I couldn't wait to show him. I took it out out and he was, "OMG... what the heck is that!?? OH MY! OH MY! That is... something else sweety." Well my dress was VERY subdued and mild compared to what was in style at the time but he had NO IDEA that's what we danced in. He figured it was a kilt or something. His reaction became further intensified when he saw me in full wig, crown, socks, shoes etc... Sock glue was HYSTERICAL to him. Needless to say when he saw some of the latest trends, his OMG reaction to my dress was changed to, "Wow, your dress is too calm honey." Having a partner in crime who knows the ins and outs of your dance life is VERY nice and BTW I LOVE your hair in your wedding picture... I may have to steal that in 2 months lol.
By kaitlin
On Wed Jun 27, 2007 06:00 PM
How beautiful and you are a riot!! don't ever lose that sense of humour..it's the sure gauge of good mental health!

My favourite comment by you: "Dancing the jig. I'm valiantly trying to keep it G rated as a funny thing happened while dressing for pictures earlier that day. I was frazzled and forgot to bring my bridal lingerie to the botanical gardens for pictures, so I had to uh....do with out. My ever practical mother said "well it won't matter to Jason tonight anyway"....I could have died laughing."

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!! keep it reel;)
By Cinnawiz
On Wed Jun 27, 2007 08:13 PM
OH! Where can I get one of those??! An Irish Dancing hubby! I am so totally jealous! Mine has two left feet (aw, but I really wouldn't trade him for anything) with the most incredible turn out that makes me sick :P.

Happy anniversary! Love the new solo!
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:10 PM
Goodness, CelticLady, if I can be as pretty as you are in your wedding picture, I will be a happy woman. You're absolutely stunning!

The new dress is BEAUTIFUL, by the way. It's so sophisticated--which matches you!

Dani
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 09:05 AM
Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Ya'll are so sweet! :)
By bre_2_3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 04:21 PM
that's just plain adorable. i love your dresses (both your wedding dress and your solo), and your legs look so long and graceful in that feis action shot!
By xLeanneDDx
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 06:05 PM
awww, i'm so jealous! I would simply Love to marry an irish dancer.. or even date one :P lol..would be a start. My mom has even dropped the hint, i would be better off getting hitched to a dancer, '..since i don't ever get to see you because your always away dancing, maybe thats the perfect solution'!

if i really am a lucky girl maybe i'll prove her right haha! Just imagine the wedding haha! lovely photos, you look the perfect couple xx
By celticfaerymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 06:09 PM
wow! i love your new dress, and you two look so happy together! lucky girl! you look beautiful.
By Allianamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 08:06 PM
wowee your photos are just just gorgeous...

:D I certainely don't envy you trying to dance without underwear, lol.
By ilovechelseamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:42 PM
Edited by ilovechelsea (179836) on 2007-06-28 23:42:53 spelling
oh my gosh...your gorgeous!!!!! I love your hair, and you just look so pretty, like a true irish dance...what a cool idea for wedding shoes by the way :D
props to you on that one :)
By IrishBirdmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:57 PM
You certainly must have been comfortable wearing the white gillies instead of high heels! :D Congrats on your anniversary! I love both of your dresses as well.
Mal
By maz77
On Fri Jun 29, 2007 01:16 AM
Thats lovely! I think the white reel shoes are fab! I love your dress and happy anniversary!

XxRoisinxX

Comment #6188031 deleted
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-10-24 11:56:56 double post

By jiggymommamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jun 29, 2007 05:38 AM
What a beautiful couple you make! I love your white ghillies. That is just so great that you both share the love of dance.
Congratulations! Beautiful dress by the way- both wedding and solo!
By kittysmom
On Fri Jun 29, 2007 05:57 AM
Wow congratulations on 3 years!! When I saw you in Memphis, it was my 19th anniversary that weekend. Where does the time go?

You look so lovely in both your dresses. I especially love the white ghillie look! Thanks for sharing all the photos with us!

Mary
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch Draw