Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

flexibility help ?????
By balletbabe4eva
On Wed Jun 27, 2007 06:22 PM

how do rg get so flexible i know some ones going to say practise but i mean what exercises do you do i dont get it i always ask around for back stretches because you have such flexible backs they have to get like that some how !!!!! or are they just born with it

please please tell me what exercises they do to get so flexy or does it have to be kept secret ??????????????????????

thanx

4 Replies to flexibility help ?????

re: flexibility help ?????
By balletbabe4eva
On Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:01 PM
so no one here does rhythmic gymnastics !!!! 1

please help !!!! 1
By delinquent
On Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:24 AM
WEll we all know I don't. But honey, yes people are just born naturally flexible. You just work with what you have. Some people have 1 less vertebra in their spine and they can bend backward till the cows come home-but it's terribly difficult for them to bend forward. Some people have an extra vertebrae and they can bend forward but not backward. Some people have sway backs, which is a very flexible lower back, but it's weak muscle-wise.
Regardless you do always have to stretch to keep your flexibility and increase it.
By Pauliina93
On Sun Jul 08, 2007 07:38 AM
I think you can get more flexible if you aren´t naturally flexible. I have non of naturally flexible and I´ve just streched. can do all the splits from 50 cm and I can make my head touch me legs (back flexibility i mean). Becoming flexible depends on what are you doing with it. If you stretch every day, im sure you'll become much more flexible. but remember to make all parts of the body warm(maybe by throwing legs every direction) and then try to do the things you want.streching hurts, if you do it properly. stay at least a minute in each strech. it´s very hard to explain how gymnasts strech (in one posting)soo do things you want. amd if you do back flexibility,bend front with round back and it wont hurt afterwards.
By balletbabe4eva
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 01:30 AM
thank you so much for replying

ReplySendWatch