Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3
re: Stay Gorgeous the Cruelty-Free Way!
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Fri Nov 09, 2007 06:21 PM
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2007-11-09 18:22:46 Fixed minor typos
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2007-11-09 18:33:13 added a link to Burts
Let me first off say that I don’t eat Meat and that I do not buy cosmetic’s unless they are animal testing free simply because I do not think that animal testing for cosmetics are necessary considering that most cosmetics themselves are not a life or death thing.

DeliriousDream21 wrote:

Arak wrote:

Normally I'm not a fan of PETA. They're a bit too extremist and sometimes border on terrorist, and they don't always research things thoroughly to see if they are widespread or isolated problems or what the facts are behind the issues. Usually it just seems like they want to make some noise about something. I'm looking for information that did NOT come from PETA about this issue before I buy into it entirely... but it's disturbing nonetheless.

Well I dont want to turn this thread into a peta thread but I can assure you that peta is in no way a terrorist organization. By saying that they are borderline terrorist you are comparing them to people who blow up buildings or are suicide bombers

I don't have a problem with PETA in general....but I do have a problem when they put human lives in danger....and yes that makes them a terrorist organization.

So much so that some of their groups they support like ALF and ELF have earned them a place on the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works watch list.

Exhibit #5: PETA Tax Return Claiming Grant to Terrorist Organization - Click here for link: (.pdf)

Exhibit #11: PETA Gives Over $70,000 to ALF Member After Burning Down Michigan State Research Lab - Click here for link: (.pdf)

Exhibit #6: PETA Supports Terrorist Activity- ALF Army of the Kind - Click here for link: (.pdf)

epw.senate.gov . . .

PETA is in no way shape or form a completely innocent group.

They do help spread the word about animal cruelty which is horrible do not get me wrong….but they also have major Skelton’s in their closet.

-"McVeigh's decision to go vegetarian groups him with some of the world's greatest visionaries."
- Bruce Friedrich praising Oklahoma City bomber and mass-murderer Timothy McVeigh, for choosing a vegetarian last meal

-"If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then, of course we’re going to be, as a movement, blowing things up and smashing windows … I think it’s a great way to bring about animal liberation … I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow. I think it's perfectly appropriate for people to take bricks and toss them through the windows ... Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do it."
- Bruce Friedrich, vegan campaign coordinator of PETA, “Animal Rights 2001” conference

And this was the big kicker for me….as I have a best friend who lost her mother to AIDS.

-"Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we’d be against it."
- PETA President Ingrid Newkirk, September 1989, Vogue Magazine

^ I’ve got news for you bud….all life is sacred…..not just animals.

By the By.....Burts Bee's is also Animal test free.

burtsbees.com

Do you test on animals and do your products contain animal-derived ingredients?

Burt's Bees does NOT conduct product or ingredient tests of any kind on animals. A few of our products contain ingredients derived from animals such as beeswax, royal jelly, milk and carmine.
By Sarah_Lou_R Comments: 21, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Mon Nov 12, 2007 05:27 AM
This is such a great list. Thank you for sharing with us the cruelty free way. As I do buy alot of make-up and my family this will help me pass on detials to them so we can help

S.Lou Robertson
By Sarah_Lou_R Comments: 21, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Mon Nov 12, 2007 05:31 AM
This is such a great list. Thank you for sharing with us the cruelty free way. As I do buy alot of make-up and my family this will help me pass on detials to them so we can help

S.Lou Robertson
By Dance_Forcemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 116, member since Fri Nov 30, 2007
On Fri Dec 07, 2007 06:00 PM
so...does covergirl test on animals?? I think it is so wrong that companys test on animals...its so sad that animals have to go through that just so people can look good :C
By DeliriousDream21 Comments: 1005, member since Sat Mar 26, 2005
On Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:18 AM
^ Yes Covergirl tests on animals.

-dd21
By Maggie5 Comments: 346, member since Sun May 13, 2007
On Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:44 AM
DancerJBH4 wrote:

Pantene | Parfums Intl. (White Shoulders) | Pfizer (Plac, Desitin, Ben Gay) | Physicians Formula Cosmetics | Playtex Corporation (Woolite, Jhirmack) | Proctor & Gamble Co. (Crest, Tide)

I thought Proctor & Gamble did test on animals? Does anyone know?
By lvm_dancer Comments: 206, member since Mon Nov 12, 2007
On Mon Dec 17, 2007 07:49 PM
cool because ALL of the products I use are on the list!Although sorry I don't share your vegan beleifs I do love animals and do do some things to keep them safe. I hope you don't judge people for this DeliriousDream21 or any other vegans out there.
By agirlinatutumember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1832, member since Mon Sep 18, 2006
On Sat Dec 22, 2007 06:55 PM
Maggie5, Procter & Gamble does indeed test on animals.

Comment #7169099 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-05-08 22:12:51 Replying with the same or similar comment on every thread you see is called Starfarming and is against TOS.

By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Fri Jul 04, 2008 01:39 AM
Bath and Body Works you really need to read the very 'small' print, because it states "This 'finished' product is not tested on animals,' therefore, to me, that means that the product is tested on animals, however not the finished product. It's so sad :(
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Fri Jul 04, 2008 02:50 AM
Oh this is a great thread! Well, in terms of the actual lists of brands that do and don't test on animals, anyway.

I am thrilled to know that M.A.C. doesn't test on animals! Now I can waste all my money on their make-up, LOL! :)

Also, for the Aussies around here:

- Nature's Organics does not test on animals. They make inexpensive (but very good) shampoo which you can buy from the supermarket. I have been using it for years and it's great. Sometimes it's on sale for $2 for a whole bottle, wooh!

- Lush is your one-stop-shop for all ethical bath/shower/etc products, but if you have a sensitive scalp, stay away from their shampoos, go to the supermarket, and get Nature's Organics instead (or Moogoo, as I've listed below). Lush is about as ethical as you can get. :) (I know this is in the OP's list anyway, but just to point out that Lush is here in Australia - you can order online if there isn't a store near you). www.lush.com.au

- Moogoo is a brand that also does shampoos, etc, which I have heard people raving about. Mild products for sensitive skin. www.moogoo.com.au I haven't tried their products myself, but some people swear by them.

- Manic Panic hair dye (and cosmetics) is available in Australia, and since Fudge seems to be testing on animals these days (they no longer claim that they're not, at any rate), Manic Panic is the way to go. For crazy coloured hair, use their "amplified" range, as the normal range washes out pretty well instantly (I speak from experience, LOL!). Available from a lot of alternative clothing stores and alternative hair dressers (and eBay, of course!).

- Napoleon Perdis is an Australian cosmetics company which does not test on animals. They are slightly less expensive than M.A.C. and very good quality (I use Napoleon eye shadow). They have counters at most shopping centres. www.napoleonperdis.com

- Urban Rituelle, which makes soaps, lip balms, candles, etc. www.rituelle.com

And here's a whole (Aussie) website dedicated to cruelty free products:
www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au . . .
By DDCdancerx Comments: 300, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Mon Jul 28, 2008 03:13 PM
I'm vegan as well, and I really don't understand the idea of testing on animals and abusing them and slaughtering them. Its cruel and unnecessary, and I thank you for these links.
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Sun Sep 21, 2008 03:31 PM
Thanks so much! And LOVE the picture of the bunny!
By Cliffbella Comments: 146, member since Tue Dec 16, 2008
On Fri Jan 02, 2009 08:44 PM
Thank You!!!! :D

Comment #7866632 deleted
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2009-01-13 19:20:13 wow, that was pretty out of turn, wasn't it?

By CrazyDramaGirl88member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 370, member since Wed Jan 03, 2007
On Wed May 20, 2009 05:20 PM
I couldn't find bare minerals on the list. do they test on animals?

Also it would be really cool if someone could do a list of brands that are all natural ingredients! Its really hard to tell with all the slanted advertising
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 09:59 PM
YAY! Thank you so much for the list :) Fortunately most of the products I use are on this list.

It really puts a strain on my heart because the way I tend to resist many meats and animal tested products is by watching the disturbing videos PETA puts on their site. Its so sad. Its not bad enough that they kill these innocent animals but when they use methods like beating and skinning them alive, you know its really just for someones sick pleasure. Anyways thanks so much again!
By medalgirl_11member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 295, member since Sat Feb 24, 2007
On Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 AM
Since Ellen DeGeneres became a Covergirl, they are said to have stopped testing on animals due to her support of animal rights. It's just a rumor I heard, but if anyone knows whether it's true, that would be great because I love their products!
By staygold123 Comments: 482, member since Sat Jun 28, 2008
On Thu Jul 30, 2009 02:10 PM
My favorite brand of makeup, Too Faced, has a really funny saying on their packaging about them not testing on animals. All the packages say something along the lines of "Tested on celebrities, not animals." This may not be it word for word, but its close enough and it always makes me laugh :)
By StarSapphiremember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 76, member since Thu Apr 16, 2009
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:32 AM
Check out B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful! Their vegan cosmetics are fabulous!

www.bnevertoobusytobebeautiful.co.uk#
By lovetosmile Comments: 1, member since Thu Sep 03, 2009
On Sun Sep 06, 2009 09:18 AM
Okay correct me if i'm wrong but Redken is own by L'Oreal (l'oreal does test on amimals). And Redken is on the do test list @ caringconsumer.com
By kurnie Comments: 4, member since Fri Dec 18, 2009
On Sat Dec 26, 2009 04:24 AM
on a related note, the ethical guide to supermarket shopping is an excellent resource as well: www.ethical.org.au
By Breannemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2041, member since Sun May 08, 2005
On Tue May 04, 2010 01:24 PM
For all you iphone users out there you can download a app called "cruelty- free" for free and it lists all the animal friendly companies and also organizes them by product. I love it because its so handy when im at the store wondering whats crulty free and whats not.
By HipHop25 Comments: 185, member since Sun Jun 03, 2007
On Sun Oct 17, 2010 09:44 PM
i'm upset that covergirl & maybelline aren't on there
By s2010 Comments: 5, member since Fri Jul 09, 2010
On Thu Oct 28, 2010 03:19 PM
I think that somone should put a stop to this its not right poor little animals being treated this way for products that HUMANS use its ridiculos.
Please someone put a stop to this its animal crualty
Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatchDraw