Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: Stay Gorgeous the Cruelty-Free Way!
By balletslipper Comments: 2594, member since Sat Sep 22, 2001
On Tue Apr 19, 2011 04:49 AM
I'm curious about this. A lot of those listed give no indication on their packaging that their products are not tested on animals.

Pantene products don't (though, I don't use them, haven't for years), I don't think Clinique products do either. In fact aside from The Body Shop and Lush, I can only think of the British-owned Marks and Spencer that really advertize themselves as ethical brands (and indicate so on their products) where I live, and the former two are quite expensive when taking into account the quality of most of their products. (Suffice to say I wasn't too impressed with the solid shampoos and TBS has good body butters and maybe fragrances, but that's more or less it for me).

A number of other brands I've seen in regular drugstores with really brightly colored packaging ( are so "flower-power" looking, I don't even have to check on the back to find out that they 'test on friends, not animals' (though, who is to say their friends, aren't indeed pets, lol).

One would think a 'not tested on animals' label would always be a good way to boost sales, even if isnt an issue for all customers.
By StrengthHopeLove Comments: 13, member since Tue May 03, 2011
On Sun May 08, 2011 09:12 PM
I'm really disappointed to see that Covergirl isn't on this list. And I just bought some products of theirs earlier! Darn. Wish I'd seen this posting earlier!
By Jitchiwahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2897, member since Tue Sep 03, 2002
On Wed Jul 06, 2011 09:20 PM
Just another to add to the list...

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. obsessivecompulsivecosmetics.com

They are cruelty free and vegan products. They even have vegan makeup brushes. Their lip tars are AMAZING. And I am currently in the process of trying out their new tinted moisturiser. They have loose pigment shadows as well.
By marym1 Comments: 20, member since Sun Sep 11, 2011
On Tue Apr 17, 2012 05:04 AM
thank you for the list its great that people take the time out to do this animal lover
By camymac_dancer Comments: 96, member since Sun Jul 01, 2012
On Sat Jul 21, 2012 02:54 PM
Thank you for posting this! It's nice to know what brands are animal-friendly. I'm also relieved that I never used animal tested cosmetics! Kudos to you for spreading the word!
By GummieBear Comments: 30, member since Fri Aug 10, 2012
On Tue Aug 21, 2012 09:37 PM
I used to be a vegetarian till I became dangerously skinny. I am an animal lover. BIG TIME! And you have a good mind! I admire your personality and animal testing is bad. I also don't like to eat eggs because if you had left it alone a cute little BABY would have found its way into the world. I will consider using these products. Thank you for your post!

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS AND SET GOALS
*GummieBear*
By greybaby88 Comments: 2, member since Sun Sep 01, 2013
On Wed Sep 04, 2013 04:07 PM
A few other brands that don't test on animals are the Yes To Brands, Burt's Bees, LA Colors, Nyx, Zoya, and Tarte. Although be aware that some Burt's Bees products contain beeswax so they aren't vegan. Ecotools also sells great, cruelty free makeup brushes. You can even get Burt's Bees and Yes To products at most Target stores and Nyx and Tarte makeup at Ulta stores.

Also, some of the brands listed now test on animals like MAC (owned by Estee Lauder that tests), Estee Lauder, Revlon, Avon, The Body Shop (owned by L'Oreal which tests), Urban Decay, Almay, Bobbi Brown (Estee Lauder), Donna Karan (Estee Lauder), and Redken (L'Oreal). For complete lists of companies that do and don't test peta.org has a list. You can even sort by the type of item your looking for.
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatchDraw