Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

please help!!!!!
By abcjn
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 03:34 PM

Hi my daughter has a dance studio in Australia and has a young girl with a maori heritage.What she would like is to give her a modern or contempary to a tradional maori song.We are from New Zealand but no one in our family have gotten back to us.Yes we told them it was urgent but they are up at 90 mile beach fishing yeah right I said.So please if you can help us at all it would be great.

8 Replies to please help!!!!!

re: please help!!!!!
By balletbabe4eva
On Tue Jul 10, 2007 07:32 PM
thats a good idea my friend did something like that with a cloak and muko and all it was really beautifull she did it to that
kiti kitiana song but it was slow version it was really good but i cant find any copies of it sorry
By haymont
On Tue Jul 10, 2007 08:06 PM
i sent you a pm but don't know if it was any help...hope it was!!
By abcjn
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 04:28 PM
Thank You both so much,both of your ideas are great and we might even do a group performance as well.We also have some aboriginal girls at our school, and she has given them traditional music to dance too. One of the girls uncles picked them up and it bought tears to his eyes he was deeply touched.She is a firm beliver in finding the right music for the student as it is more powerful when they dance.Once again thank you.
By QueenBees
On Fri Jul 20, 2007 03:15 AM
Hiya

We saw a girl doing a modern dance to Maori music recently at some comps. It was really cool, and I'm sure her body was like an elastic band! She had a cloak and a moko too. It was an amazing dance, and she won too.
By balletbabe4eva
On Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:26 PM
omagosh that might of been the girl i was talking about
was she quite tall flexibal and skinny this might of been a girl from my studio
By QueenBees
On Sat Jul 21, 2007 04:42 PM
Yep. Sounds like it could be her. I saw her in Lower Hutt recently and the comps at the Little Theatre.
By balletbabe4eva
On Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 PM
yup that will be paige she dances at chilton i live in lower hutt to
By balletbabe4eva
On Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:22 PM
yup that will be paige she dances at chilton i live in lower hutt to

ReplySendWatch