Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Started a Little Group -- ALOHA!
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 08:10 PM

I started a little Hula group at my house. My SIL was my first and only student. Then I just got a young lady about 15 years of age.

Her mom is going to join us in September. My other SIL and her sister are going to join us in August, and their friend is going to join us, also, in September.

In October I'm starting a little girl's group. Hooray!

My other friend is going to join in about four months after she's given birth and has had time to recoup.

I might be getting a few boys in with my children's group, too. I'm looking at a real halau situation, aren't I? LOL!

Am I crazy? I'm not charging any money as of yet and I don't think I ever will unless I want to buy costumes which I might like to do if we perform, which I would love to do next year sometime for those who are ready. I just want to have fun and I'm tired of doing Hula alone!

Is my enthusiasm just pouring out of this post?! Haha!

Mahalo for listening to my talkie-ness. Love you guys.

4 Replies to Started a Little Group -- ALOHA!

re: Started a Little Group -- ALOHA!
On Tue Jul 24, 2007 08:13 PM
Has anyone else ever been in this situation?

Everyone's agreed to contribute to the 'costume fund', my SIL has a sewing machine and has agreed to make our costumes. Which brings me to my next VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION. I need HELP!

Does anyone have the directions, or a pattern, for making pa'u skirts and tops? I know where I can get fabric, that's the easy part. I just need to know the pattern and everything so I can give it to her. She's itching to start making the skirts in about October. hah! Anyone that can help, please post.
By nhannie
On Wed Jul 25, 2007 08:36 PM
ww w .gotfabric. com/projects/0304skirt.php
By nhannie
On Wed Jul 25, 2007 08:37 PM
ww w .realhula.com/hula-pau_skirt. html
On Wed Jul 25, 2007 09:48 PM
Mahalo so much for the links. The second link really goes into very intricate detail and is very informative. My SIL will enjoy reading all of it, I suspect!

ReplySendWatch