Forum: South America / South America - General

Should I be an exchange student in Brazil? Anyone willing to host?
By dance4mylife_15
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:58 AM
Edited by dance4mylife_15 (182482) on 2007-07-11 10:59:42
Edited by dance4mylife_15 (182482) on 2007-07-11 10:59:58

Hello. I am trying to decide if I want to be an exchange student. Is there anyone out there willing to host? Or does anyone know of some good places to go in Brazil on exchange? I would also like to study ballet while I'm there. I'm not positve I want to be an exchange student yet, so if there are also exchange students out there that went to Brazil, try to sway me on why I should ge there. It would be helpful! thanks

xoxoxo
m

2 Replies to Should I be an exchange student in Brazil? Anyone willing to host?

re: Should I be an exchange student in Brazil? Anyone willing to host?
By DreamingTreemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 20, 2007 09:19 PM
Hey,

I live in Sao Paulo,Brazil and met exchange students in my school this year. The absolutely loved the experience.
People here are very warm, welcoming and receptive.
If you want to find host families, I suggest finding some programs, for example, the ones I met, they came through Rotary.
Now as to why you should come here, well weather here is pretty good the entire year, the people are extremely nice as i described above, there are BEAUTIFUL landscapes in the country, our culture is quite rich, and well i'm sure it'd be a complete different experience to you.
If you have any more questions, feel free to Pm me.

Cathy
re: Should I be an exchange student in Brazil? Anyone willing to host?
By StArDoM_411
On Fri Jul 27, 2007 09:48 AM
Hey
Okay, so I went to Brazil in March on an exchange program with my school this year. I stayed for 2 weeks and they were honestly the best 2 weeks of my life!!! I stayed in Sao Luis, a city (possibly an island…definitely a penninsula if it isnt) in North-Eastern Brazil. We did our exchange through Via Mundo, and the people there were so kind and helpful! You will see so many beautiful sights and meet so many incredible people. The culture there is so rich and different than anything I have known growing up in Canada. You will be surrounded by Portuguese (such a beautiful language!) but don’t worry, I met a lot of people who could speak English. Ooh and the dancing! So fun!! If you can, check out Barrierinhas! It is quite an incredible place to visit. Hmm so I’m already talking like you’re going =P
If you have any questions, PM me and I can go on talking about Brazil as long as you want! Its what I love to do now-a-days…lol
xoxDianna

ReplySendWatch