Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

how-to tahitian belts
By mikala4
On Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:36 PM

hey well i have to perform a solo soon & i really want a belt..all i have is the basic feather boa & i kinda don't want to use that..so does anyone know how to make any others? i really want to learn how to make one that really hows off my shake..i just need ideas on how to make one, im open to any..well thanks a lot =]

4 Replies to how-to tahitian belts

re: how-to tahitian belts
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:59 AM
I have no idea how to make a belt. However if no one answers within the next day, I'll PM the Tahitian dance members to come help you out.
By mikala4
On Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:20 AM
thank you so much =]
By doomed_fairymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 19, 2007 07:52 PM
Hiya =o)
Celebrian PM'd me.

I've only made one belt before, but it SURE DOES show off the hips . . . video at youtube.com . . .#

The girl in brown is the genius who came up with the idea of using pre-made tourist gift grass "hula" skirts and cutting them short. They're not very bushy by themselves, so we tied on the stuff we'd cut off and some store-bought raffia in between the existing knots. It takes a while, but you end up with this lovely, bushy thing you can tie on over your pareo! (Oh--and two of the girls chose to trim theirs so they were nice and even, but I left mine BIG, and you can see the difference.)

Good luck!
By mikala4
On Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:39 PM
wow, that was really helpful..thank you so much =]

ReplySendWatch