Forum: Irish / Irish - For Sale / Wanted

Irish For Sale - Wanted
Before you post a wanted ad... (karma: 6)
By twinkle_toes__ Comments: 966, member since Sat Nov 04, 2006
On Wed Jul 25, 2007 03:26 PM
Edited by twinkle_toes__ (169690) on 2007-07-25 15:26:54
Made sticky by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-07-26 06:14:31 good thread!

We need information! "Help I'm 13 and I need a Gavin but not too expensive" doesn't help us.

If you don't tell us what to look for, we can't help you!

Please consider putting some of this information, the more the better!

Measurments
Give us some basic measurements: chest, waist, total length, etc. A general range is better than no measurments at all!

Basic Style
What color scheme are you looking for? How many panals? Dropped waist? Materials?

Designer
Tell us if you have a certain designer in mind. Also, don't forget that there are a lot of great dressmakers that aren't Gavin! It's OK to mention "similar to Gavin's style", "similar to an elevation", etc. You don't need to have a specific designer in mind either.

Price Range
Are you willing to empty the bank for this dress? Or do want something more reasonably priced? Tell us!

When you Need It
Some dresses become available after majors. When do you need the dress by?

Where Have You Already Looked?
If you've been checking dance again every day there's no point in sending people there to help you look. Tell us where you've already looked, so you don't get repeats of dresses you've already seen.

Here's an example of a helpful ad (it isn't real, just an example):

Hi! I'm looking for a drop waisted four panal dress, preferably blue or green, but I'm not picky on colors or designers. I'd like something between $1000 and $1500 US. I've already checked Dance Again and McGahon Lees, but I haven't found anything that works yet. I need the dress by September, and here are some of my measurements:
Chest: 32 in
Waist: 28 to 30 in
Total length: 29 to 31 in
Thank you for your help!

See how much easier that is? :)

4 Replies to Before you post a wanted ad...

re: Before you post a wanted ad...
By holly_irishdance Comments: 1152, member since Wed Jul 26, 2006
On Wed Jul 25, 2007 04:45 PM
Well said! I was just thinking people should stop just asking for "a nice dress" lol it gets annoying!!

:) xxhollyxx :)
By reel_in_firstmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1089, member since Fri Jul 08, 2005
On Fri Aug 03, 2007 06:26 PM
And don't forget to check the "For Sale" board out!

There possibly could be something to suit your needs on that board as well!
By REDPremium member Comments: 1153, member since Sun Oct 24, 2004
On Tue Aug 21, 2007 01:35 PM
Thanks!

One thing that I would add is: the title of your post should say about the size or age of the dancer. that way if someone is looking at the board they dont have to look inside to find out. i know it's not that hard to click on the post and check it out, but I tend to only look at the ones that have a size or age.
By cliodhna Comments: 51, member since Sat Feb 09, 2008
On Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 PM
im looking for a panel dress with tulle on the bottom to fit a slim 13 year old
chest 30ins
waist 27ins length 28ins

ReplySendWatch