Forum: General / Reviews

Reviews
What do you think of Hairspray? en>fr fr>en
By dncmom30 Comments: 50, member since Mon Jul 09, 2007
On Thu Jul 26, 2007 05:50 AM

I haven't seen it yet and wonder if its worth paying a theatre ticket. What's the pro's and con's of the movie.

18 Replies to What do you think of Hairspray?

re: What do you think of Hairspray? en>fr fr>en
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4424, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:23 PM
Its really good!! Its really fun, and something you would get up and start singing and dancing along too!!! Also (Zac is really cute in this movie!!! I'm not really a huge fan of Zac Efron, but...in this movie, he looked really cute!) But,....other than that, its really fun and you will enjoy it!!! Well, I went with my family, and the three of us, (mom, my evil twin, and I) LOVED IT!! But my dad, wasn't so thrilled about it. My mom said it was a chick flick. And some one even asked us is it good? And me and mom told them, I just want to warn you, your son probably wont like it. And after the movie we met up with them again, and their 14 year old son was like, "That was not that good." And their daughter who was 16 was singing the songs. (very off key..but..lol) You might want to take a few of your girl friends with you, you might enjoy it more by yourselves.

Have fun!!!

MK
By cybdansermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 638, member since Thu Dec 08, 2005
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 04:26 PM
I loved it! I went to see it twice (with dance friends and my school friends). I enjoyed the music (beware: it might be stuck in your head for a day at least), the actors, and the dancing. It was the first time I liked Zac Efron (playing Link, the Elvis-type charactor), and Nikki Blonsky was a perfect Tracy. It's a very colorful, "feel-good" movie; I think I smiled the whole time.
By blndlizaminnelli Comments: 55, member since Sun Dec 18, 2005
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 07:40 PM
HAIRSPRAY IS A MUST SEE!!!
the movie is amazing and you will love it..
By Rubberband17member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1578, member since Sat May 19, 2007
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 07:50 PM
I haven't seen it either, (my won't let me because the main character plays a lady or something like that, and is really a man, she says it doesn't teach good values, although I don't see how) but I want to! From what my co-workers have said, its really good! If I could I would definetly go out and pay full price to see it, not to mention how CUTE Zac Effron is!
By Maggie5 Comments: 346, member since Sun May 13, 2007
On Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:55 AM
Loved it! I was dancing in my seat a lot. Fun, fun, fun.
By BooPopsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 960, member since Thu Aug 16, 2007
On Thu Sep 06, 2007 07:05 AM
Yeah it's really worth going to see! I loved it.
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10300, member since Mon May 06, 2002
On Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:30 AM
Hairspray is the best film I've seen for a LONG time. Anyone who hates musicals, like my boyfriend, will hate it, but it's just SO fabulous!

I'm also not a big fan of Zac Efron, but I agree he was cute in Hairspray. It's just so feel-good and uplifting... you can't help but smile all the way through it.

I'm listening to the soundtrack right now (the only one I've felt compelled to buy in a very long time!).
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1553, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Fri Sep 07, 2007 03:54 PM
I love that movie! I will never forget it, that's how good it was.
By ShelleBelle Comments: 8, member since Fri Sep 07, 2007
On Fri Sep 07, 2007 06:10 PM
I thought that it was amazing, and definitely worth it! I usually can't stand musicals, I can't even deal with Grease, but I loved it. The songs are all so catchy, and I really wanted to join the characters in dancing, but my friends restrained me. And it must be said that it helped that Zac Efron = droolworthy.
By xHollyxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 478, member since Sat Mar 12, 2005
On Thu Oct 18, 2007 02:39 PM
GAH.
HATED IT.
Right from the beginning you knew how it was going to end, whole of it was really quite obvious, and the songs went on a bit. About 3 stars. Sorry to be a bummer x
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11585, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Thu Oct 18, 2007 04:00 PM
The movie was cute. I saw the touring version of the Broadway musical, and it was cute, too. Not great, but cute. Still, the original movie (with Ricki Lake) is one of my favorites, and I still like it best (although it's not a musical). I just saw legally blonde on MTV, and I actually liked it better than Hairspray.
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25854, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 01:04 PM
I saw the tour and loved it. I am always hesitant in seeing the movie because you are tainted by the original one you saw. I want to see it, anyway. I am glad that you liked it.
By EchoDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 941, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Thu Nov 22, 2007 07:49 PM
I'm watching it on DVD right now. :P
Sierra
By Ferrari_Girlsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4574, member since Wed May 18, 2005
On Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:50 AM
I went to see it on Sunday at the Kids Club - we paid for the kids and two adults got in free - so a bargain.

But it was well worth it, I thought it was a great film, I loved the music although didn't know the songs it didn't make any difference. The actors were all great and I now know why everyone loves Zac Efron - even I do now - what a hunk !!! And he's young enough to be my son.

My husband kept saying "not another song" but he did seem to enjoy it and at the end said it was good, my nine year old daughter loved it and my six year old son played his gameboy through the last 20 minutes - slightly too long for him but we couldn't get a babysitter and we needed his place to get my husband in free ! (Cheapskates).

I would say it's a "must see" film and santa might be getting the DVD for my daughter this year!

Love Debbie x x x
By nwtwirlchick09 Comments: 92, member since Sat Jan 07, 2006
On Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:38 AM
i actaully hated hairspray. i love the 1980's version. to me the new Hairspray was cute but it put too much empasice (spelling>?) on the relationships, where as the origional was all about the discrimination and racism.
but thast just my opinion. the songs were great and so was the dancing but the way they arragned the scenes and put the emphasis on the relationships wasnt my thing.
By pineappleblue Comments: 24, member since Tue Jan 01, 2008
On Fri Jan 04, 2008 04:06 AM
My personal view of Hairspray is that its awesome!!!!! If you like musicals, romance and happy endings you should really see it! The songs were amazing [well I really liked them] and Zac Efron looked sooooo hot as Link Larkin! Its a really good movie & I was given it for xmas on dvd. So yey hairspray!!
By hiphopgirl8 Comments: 22, member since Sat Jan 26, 2008
On Fri Feb 01, 2008 04:04 PM
I loved that movie!!
it was really good, you should see it
By amii_bbe_xxx Comments: 28, member since Wed Feb 13, 2008
On Thu Mar 13, 2008 01:09 PM
i loved hairsray itz amazing.....x itz a must seee movie....x l.y
(happy)

ReplySendWatch