Forum: General / Ballroom / Waltz

Waltz
Starting Ballroom, but a couple problems.
By MaytoDecember Comments: 55, member since Wed Jun 13, 2007
On Wed Aug 01, 2007 02:51 PM

Hello! I'm starting ballroom dancing, at a local school. Problem is I have no partner! I'm a very new beginner, can anyone tell me how to find a partner?

3 Replies to Starting Ballroom, but a couple problems.

re: Starting Ballroom, but a couple problems.
By Clozzy_Dance Comments: 166, member since Sat Jan 20, 2007
On Thu Aug 02, 2007 03:04 PM
Hi!!
Just first of all would like to say good luck in the ballroom//Latin world!" Its a brilliant experience and loads of fun!!
First of all why don't you ask your dance teacher ??
They surley know all of the dancers there and they can tell you if there is or is not a boy there who is avaliable for you to dance with.

Secondly lots of girls dance with girls!! There's nothing wrong with it!!

Hope ive helped good luck and enjoy yourself in the wonderful Ballroom/Latin World :] x ChloOoe x
By emmas027member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 114, member since Tue May 15, 2007
On Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:32 PM
Good luck finding somewhere to learn but don't worry about a partner.
Many schools have lots of dancers without partners to dance with so they may be able to pair you up when you get there.
I've never danced with a boy, always with girls, and i think you can have a lot of fun and do really well in competitions together should you find a partner you get on well with and dance well together.
The only downside with dancing with another girl is that one of you is likely to have to learn both sides of the routines, which can get rather confusing, but it all adds to the fun of it!

Have fun and good luck!

emma
By MaytoDecember Comments: 55, member since Wed Jun 13, 2007
On Fri Aug 03, 2007 05:23 PM
Hey! Thanks for the tips and support! I'm really exited to learn. My best friend (who's a boy!) taught me a little balroom (Waltz and Charlston) but he's almost a pro and he dances with other people way above my level! haha. I found a few schools in my area that can teach singles! Thanks again!

ReplySendWatch