Forum: Arts / Artwork

My newest oil painting- Metamorphasis
By Peridotmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 04, 2007 09:20 AM
Locked by Peridot (117408) on 2007-10-26 06:33:47 Thanks for the comments, everyone. This is pretty old now, so I'll lock it.

Image hotlink - 'http://photos-004.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v115/186/56/1058910004/n1058910004_461_797.jpg'

This is my newest piece of artwork. I did it with oil paints on canvas. Believe it or not, I used every color of the rainbow in this picture. I call it "Metamorphosis" because it is a symbol of my life this past year. This painting represents my growth as a person- emotionally, spiritually, and in other ways, too. I actually modeled this painting after a photo I took- here is the original photo:
Image hotlink - 'http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/dancercat/Brazos%20Bend/butterfly2.jpg'

I tried to play around with color this time. The piece evolved throughout the different stages and at one point it was very vibrant- the picture shows it slightly different than the actual finished piece because the camera is weird and it looks better in real life. :P

Comments? Critiques? Thoughts? I'm open to anything!

~Adagio

9 Replies to My newest oil painting- Metamorphasis

re: My newest oil painting- Metamorphasis
By Emmymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 04, 2007 09:23 AM
It's beautiful! I don't know a whole lot about painting so I can't really give any critiques but I don't think I could find any anyways. You captured the original picture wonderfully.
By SugarPlumFairy1
On Mon Aug 06, 2007 08:38 PM
i love it! so pretty. I like when all the colors are used, you get so many different combinations and outcomes.
By Ragazzina_babymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 19, 2007 05:06 PM
composition colours and technique are simply wonderful. The only thin for me is that the buterfly stands out too much a little I mean I know it does in the photo but in the painting i don't think you were trying to show the clash between the butterfly and the rest of the painting were you? if not the butterfly should feel more in harmony->soften the black edges with dabs of colours and try to create more variety of shdes within the wings of the butterfly from darkest to lightest. this is all technical but emotinally your painting is simply perfect keep up the good work
By MoonBeam893
On Sun Aug 19, 2007 06:33 PM
that is such a beautiful painting. I love how the background has so many different colors in it. it makes such a beautiful backdrop for the butterfly. your painting has a wonderful message.
By soul_mannequinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:49 PM
Love it! I like how the butterfly really stands out, it seems to pop off the screen. The backround is also beautiful though, and the colors blend really nicely together. I also give you credit for working with oils, I tried it once before and found that I had no patience for it lol. Great work!
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 16, 2007 02:58 PM
Adagio, this is just amazing! You are such a great artist! Amazing! ;)

MK
By EStarmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 06, 2007 08:22 AM
This is SO beautiful! The background colors are so gorgeous!
By irishdance24_7
On Mon Oct 08, 2007 08:56 PM
This is beautiful! I love monarchs =]. I like how the background is full of different colors.
By TwinPeakesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 04:47 AM
I'm in love with the colours in the wings of the monarch. Simply gorgeous.

ReplySendWatch Draw

Message locked, no more replies allowed