Forum: Arts / Fiction

Story-His Secret...just an attempt at fiction
By enlair89
On Tue Aug 07, 2007 03:40 AM

Chapter 1

Kyle stared at paper on his desk. He knew what he wanted to put down, but didn't know if he had the guts to do it.

"Class, you only have a couple of more minutes to list your choices," he heard Miss Arceneaux say.

Marie Arceneaux, it was all her fault. He thought as he looked at the choices for the exploratory class he would be taking through the end of the semester.

She was his English teacher, a former professional dancer, an absolutely ballet fanatic. All of the guys had a crush on her, including himself.

When all of the teachers gave presentations about the classes they would be teaching, it struck a chord when she talked about her ballet class.

He couldn't possibly mark ballet as one of his choices. No boy in his right mind would sign up for ballet, at least not in this small hick town.

"So what are you going to sign up for?," his friend and confidante Beth Coker whispered.

"Oh probably the computer class with Mr. Dillard, and the electric guitar class," he whispered back.

"You've got to list three," Beth whispered back.

They were to list three choices, in case their top choices filled up. Eighth graders got top priority. They were only in the seventh.

"I'll think of something," he whispered back. "What are you hoping to get?"

"I'm hoping to get in Miss Arceneaux's ballet class," she whispered back. "But the drawing class sounds pretty good too."

He pretended not to be interested in the fact that she was listing the choice he deep down wanted to make.

Finally, he marked his choices. The computer class was at the top of the list, followed by the guitar class.

"Those won't be filled up," he thought as he wrote down a choice he didn't think anyone would find out about: ballet.

When the bell rang, he took the folded piece of paper and placed it with the others on Miss Arceneaux's desk and went on to his next class.

1 Replies to Story-His Secret...just an attempt at fiction

re: Story-His Secret...just an attempt at fiction
By bdancer3333
On Fri Aug 10, 2007 07:35 PM
Oh! It sounds so good! I can't wait to read the rest! I think it is a very cool subject choice; it sounds really interesting! Keep posting when you finish more!

bdancer3333

ReplySendWatch