Forum: Arts / Fiction

His Secret, Chapter 2
By enlair89
On Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:14 PM
Locked by Theresa (28613) on 2007-08-26 18:42:40 Please try to make sure that you do not have more then two active threads on the first page of the forum. Any more then that is called "flooding" the forums, and is seen as inconsiderate to other members who would like to have their works read too!

Chapter 2
Homeroom was the first stop of the day. Hear announcements. Take notes home, and that was about it. Then it was on to Mr. Clark's science, not exactly a good subject to start off with.

"We have your exploratory assignments," Ms. Ramsey said.

She was not only the homeroom teacher, but also Kyle's math teacher.

She went down each role passing out envelopes with exploratory classes. The first class would be at the end of the day.

"So will it be the guitar class or computers," Kyle thought as Ms. Ramsey came down his row.

He knew the guitar class was probably filled. It was a cool class. But it was worth a shot.

"Here you go, Mr. Thornton," Ms. Ramsey said as she handed him his envelope.

He was stunned after he opened the envelope.

"Ms. Arceneaux, Intro. to Ballet, Aux. Gym 113" was what it read.

"Dude, did you get the class you wanted?" asked Justin Rowan, a good friend of his.

"Umh, yeah..." Kyle said, hardly knowing what to say. He couldn't tell Justin he was in a ballet class.

He thought about what he should do. What would the guys think? Maybe he should go to the office and tell them it was a mistake, that he marked the wrong class.

Deep down, he was actually excited, a little afraid about what others though, but excited.

The day went fairly quick after that. First came science, then math, P.E., history (and lunch), then English.

He kept the note with his class assignment in his pocket, almost afraid to tell anyone.

Then he noticed Beth and Emilee Spellman, dancing in the hallway on the way to Miss Arceneaux's English class.

"So did you get in the computer class?" Beth asked. "I heard only eighth graders got in the electric guitar class."

"Uh, huh..." again Kyle stammered and stuttered and didn't know what to say. "So I take it by the dancing, you guys got ballet?"

"Yes and we can't wait," Emilee replied. "Only English to go."

They would find out soon enough his real class assignment.

"Come in adventerous ones, guess we'll be walking over to the auxiliary gym together," Miss Arceneaux said.

Beth and Emilee didn't realize she was talking to all three of them.

Miss Arceneaux collected homework assignments and then passed out their graded assigments from the previous day and went through the day's assignment.

Then the bell rang.

Kyle had a strange feeling as he got up and watched as Beth and Emilee approach Miss Arceneaux's desk.

"Let me get a couple of things and then we'll go," she said as grabbed her CD player and a bag.

"Coming with us, Kyle?" she said as she and the girls prepared to walk out the door.

"Yes, ma'am," he said, grabbing his books.

"Kyle's coming with...us?" Beth asked.

"Well, he's in the class, too," Miss Arceneaux said.

Beth and Emilee looked back at Kyle as his face turned an embarassing red.

"Just where is room 113, anyway?" was all he could say.

"It's the aerobics room beside the gym," Beth said as she interlocked her arm with his.

"Boys don't have P.E. classes in the auxiliary gym," Emilee told Miss Arceneaux.

She then explained to Kyle that the aerobics room was where some of the girls P.E. classes did aerobics, yoga and pilates. It was also where the cheerleaders practiced since the volleyball and girls basketball teams practiced.

"You didn't know you were going to be enlightened today?" Miss Arceneaux said.

He had no idea how enlightened.

Walking into the room with mirrors on three sides, he took his place beside Emilee and Beth on a bench. He got some weird looks as other girls entered the room and joined them.

It was a weird feeling to say the least.

Emilee and Beth weren't the ones he knew. Julia Gardner and Libby Miller were also in some of his classes. The class was evenly divided among sixth, seventh and eighth graders.

His mouth almost opened when Olivia White and Claire Thompson walked in. They were captains of the eighth grade cheerleading squad.

They were easily the most popular girls in school.

Miss Arceneaux went through the roll. There were 14 students in the class, 13 girls and one boy.

"Miss Arceneaux, what is the dress code?" Claire Thompson asked, looking in Kyle's direction.

"I was just about to get to that," Miss Arceneaux said.

She went on to explain about strict dress codes, mentioning that she preferred black leotards and pink tights for girls and that boys traditionally wore black tights and a white leotard or t-shirt at schools she attended, which of course, brought a couple of quiet giggles.

She quickly corrected those girls.

"I'm very glad that Kyle is with us," she said. "Gentlemen play a very important role in ballet and we do not have enough of them."

Kyle breathed a sigh of relief when she said "for this class, I'll just require P.E. uniforms and socks. But if you are bolder, I do know of a couple of shops were you can get your stuff and shoes."

"But for now, run to your P.E. lockers and get your uniforms on," she said. "Then, we'll get started. We only have 90 minutes."

Kyle rushed quickly to the old gym and put on his shirt and shorts and told one of the P.E. coaches it was required for his exploratory class.

He returned to see Miss Arceneaux and a few of the girls moving around what he would find out were portable ballet barres. He joined them as they placed them next to two of the walls.

They then took their places at the barre, all in a line. He found himself safely between Emilee and Beth.

Miss Arceneaux then asked how many in the class had ballet before. Most raised their hands, but Kyle was relieved to find out he wasn't the only beginner.

She then explained to them the positions of the feet and the arms..."but for today, we're mainly going to have our ams in seconde."

Then it came time for barre work.

There were knee bends that seemed really strange called "demi=plies, plies and grande plies."

There were also releves, tendus and grande-battements, words that seemed foreign to him.

"At least I'll come out of this knowing some French," he said as he tried to keep in time with the music.

They also worked on jumps facing the barre, before stretching on the floor.

Funny, he never thought he would be doing something called the "butterfly" and though "you've got to be kidding" when they worked on splits.

"By the time this semester is over, you'll be the most flexible boy in school," Miss Arceneaux encouraged, to a little bit of playful laughter.

Then it was time for center work. They worked on something called a balance' very slowly and jumped some more.

They then came from the side, with what seemed like gallops and skips and broked down chaine turns.

He heard Olivia tell Beth, "this class is fun, but this is pretty basic."

He also had to admit he had fun. He couldn't believe how quick the class went.

"So what did you think of it?" Claire asked him.

He was in shock. He had been going to the school for two years and she had never said a word to him before.

"I had fun," he replied.

"Great," she said. "I think it's so cool we have a guy in the class."

As he walked toward the door, Miss Arceneaux came up and put her arm around him. Beth and Emilee were with her.

"I was really surprised to have a boy in this class," she said. "I thought you did really well for a first time."

Beth and Emilee nodded in agreement.

"In the computer class, huh" she said with a laugh. "Now we've got to talk to you about getting some tights."

"I wouldn't go that far," Kyle said.

2 Replies to His Secret, Chapter 2

re: His Secret, Chapter 2
By bdancer3333
On Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:40 AM
Oh my gosh! I am loving this story!! Keep it going! It is amazing!

bdancer3333
re: His Secret, Chapter 2
By enlair89
On Mon Aug 20, 2007 03:58 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you like it

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed