Poll: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competition Results

Whitch one place do judges give out the ,most?
By x3dancegirl Comments: 48, member since Mon Jun 18, 2007
On Fri Aug 17, 2007 04:30 PM

Tell me what you get most and VOTE!!!

14 Replies to Whitch one place do judges give out the ,most?

re: Whitch one place do judges give out the ,most?
By louugirll Comments: 7, member since Thu Jul 26, 2007
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 08:48 PM
I usually get platinums but i would say that most judges like to give out golds and high (elite) golds
By dancerrrr4DCJ Comments: 32, member since Sun Mar 25, 2007
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:24 PM
i usually get at the very top of golds luke 1 point away from platinum or high gold.
but at my last nationals i got high gold(there wasnt pltinum)
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1104, member since Sun Feb 17, 2008
On Sun Jun 01, 2008 08:09 PM
We usually get platinum. But we do get high golds too.
By Dancer_33 Comments: 21, member since Wed Dec 10, 2008
On Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 AM
Where i am from the one given out the most would be silvers. It seems as if all of the kids 8-14 get silvers or high silvers.
By DizzyLizzie Comments: 458, member since Sun Nov 18, 2007
On Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:21 AM
I normally get gold or high gold. Every now and then I will get a platinum.
By emdancer315 Comments: 10, member since Wed May 28, 2008
On Sun Mar 15, 2009 08:24 AM
Seniors:: Average-Platinum.
Immediates:: Average-Platinum.
Teen: Average-Gold-High Gold
Petite: Average-High Gold.
Pre: Average-Platinum. (they are such little kidsss) (:
So that's my dance's studio average.
And I would say my average is High Gold.
(:
By HeyRedPremium member Comments: 1567, member since Wed Jul 02, 2003
On Sun Mar 15, 2009 06:28 PM
Well, the past couple of years, I've gotten mostly gold. Before that, mostly silver. But it completely changes from year to year in general, even at the same competition.

The one competition I went to last year, they started off the day by going overboard handing out platinums when it really wasn't deserved. Then they completely did a 180 and ended the day by giving silvers to phenomenal dancers.
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Mon Mar 16, 2009 09:58 AM
When I was dancing as a student, to get a gold meant you really deserved a gold, it wasn't just to give it away to everyone at the competition. People got silver, bronze, and yes-honorable mention. To see a platinum was rare-maybe a handful given out throughout the entire competition season(and this was only 10 years ago or so). Now, they give out a gold to pretty much everyone that goes on the stage. From a teachers perspective, it's not really a good thing, but the dancers love it. Our kids get alot of platinums and overalls as well, many of them finish within top 5 at every competition they attend.
By never_katiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 803, member since Tue Aug 26, 2008
On Sun May 24, 2009 02:33 PM
We go to competitions with different scoring systems then that, and we tend to get ultimate gold and sometimes gold.
By T_Dance_Girl Comments: 218, member since Tue Jun 30, 2009
On Fri Jul 03, 2009 01:24 PM
Here they mostly give out silvers, but lost of classes get gold too, although we have pretty hard judges. I usually gegt gold and sometimes silver.
By gr8t Comments: 557, member since Fri Oct 17, 2003
On Mon Jul 06, 2009 07:21 PM
In this area we have gone to Showbiz, Showstopper, Starquest,Hall of Fame,among others and 80% are Platinum and the rest usually gold. Or in Showstoppers they now have double platinum. I'm not sure why though.
By sky_dancer_2010member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 190, member since Sat Nov 10, 2007
On Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:09 PM
At my studio, we all generally walk away with all platinums/diamonds/extream platinums/ect. I think this year we walked away with three golds, and one high silver, too....

The DC area is a rough place for competition, there a few studios around here that are placed in the top 30 studios in the nation, so we all have to work pretty hard to keep up so we don't get demolished.
By SIKKEY333 Comments: 225, member since Sat Aug 01, 2009
On Mon Aug 03, 2009 06:48 PM
At my compitions they have Bronze, Silver, High Silver, Gold, High Gold and then the best choragraphy award, Most Promising Award and Top Mark. The judges gave almost EVERYONE a High Silver. I thought some dances diserved Gold or Even High Gold. Are group got High Gold for Jazz and Top mark. Then for my lyrical we got Gold and Top mark. Both dances whent tp the Dance Off to compete for trophies and Jazz got 2nd and Lyrical 3rd!
By Iseeyourpointe Comments: 11, member since Mon Feb 18, 2013
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 03:53 AM
High golds are usually the most common. Golds aren't given as often I think.

ReplySendWatch