Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

bgirls
By dingleberry_10
On Fri Aug 17, 2007 07:43 PM

is it harder for girls to learn breakdance than boys?
just wondering... i would really like to be able to do at least the windmill?

6 Replies to bgirls

re: bgirls
By Showcasestar
On Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:58 AM
Since usually boys are stronger than girls they have an easier time learning powermoves that require strenght.

But it shouldn't be more difficult for you to learn toprocks and downrocks (which for me are the foundation for good breaking and the most fun part practising and playing around with).
The windmill is more about determination and technique than strenght, but I really recommend you to find a teacher that can keep an eye on you and might give you hints when you start practising since there is a risque that you land on your neck or hurt yourself in other ways if you just jump into practising the move. Before practising the windmill you should have such moves as backspin, baby freezes and stomach mills working properly.
By foxygrl
On Sat Nov 24, 2007 08:48 PM
Saying that boys can learn to breakdance faster than girls is like a stereotype. If a girl works hard enough, she can learn to breakdance as fast as, if not faster than a boy.
foxygrl
By livelovedance8
On Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:13 PM
not at all.
:)
is it harder for girls to breathe than guys?
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 01, 2007 06:09 PM
Nope, in my teaching career I have had no trouble teaching girls but what was said above is right... it does take determination and technique.

I will say though that girls typically tend to have an advantage from the start because they are more flexible. This also allows girls to learn moves such as hollowbacks and inverts more easily!
By B_boy_Vybe
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 01:46 AM
yeah alot of girls i've taught get surprised when i set them up on a plan to condition they're body before i'll show them a move they want to learn. It's not easy unless you make it easy. It's not about how many broke down steps you have to make it simple, but it's the desire that drives you to figure it out even when it doesn't make sense.

The true essence of a b-boy/b-girl learning.

ReplySendWatch