Forum: Arts / Books

Page:
Page 22 of 32: 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
re: Which book are you reading right now?
By Spookiesquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 07:34 PM
I am trying to read the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. But every time I get about five pages in something comes up and I have to put the book down. By the time I can get back to the book (a few days to a week later) I need to re-read those five pages to get a good start... then something comes up again. Someday, I will read and finish this book.
By Believemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 07:39 PM
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.

I've waited forever for this book, so good so far!
By JavaChip
On Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:20 AM
I am just finishing The Pact by Jodi Picoult. She is definitely one of my favorite authors, but I go through her books so quickly I don't always remember which ones I've read and which ones I haven't. The are all a pretty easy read, but I really liked The Pact. A very interesting concept...
By echoes1268
On Sat Sep 04, 2010 04:19 PM
1984 by George Orwell and A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon.

I'm loving 1984, and Mark Haddon's writing is just so unique.
By balletsfriendmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 05, 2010 09:26 PM
^^^I loved The Happiness Project. It was very inspiring for me!

I need to read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close...I've heard amazing things about it. I read Eating Animals by the same author this summer.

Now I am reading Entre Nous. It's a cute little book about French women and why they are so fabulous. It's a fun read- good for the tub or for bed.

I am also re-reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. It's also inspiring me to really think about my life and making it a great one :)

I hate that when school starts I spend dramatically less time reading for pleasure. I certainly read a lot during school (this past week I read 300 pgs) but it's all out of textbooks which is obviously no fun at all. Boo.

Off to go read in my bed now!
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 02:51 AM
Last night I started The Girl Who Played With Fire.

Helen
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 03:53 AM
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? by Philip K Dick.

Helen
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 04:06 AM
I just read a book my mum gave me called Blackthorn Winter or something, apparently its meant to be a romantic novel. More like some freaky jealosy hide behind the curtains watching sort of thing, the mother thinks the daughter is sleeping with her manfriend. Very strange, couldn't get into it, kept skipping from here to there and I got confused. Gave up in the end.
Now on the look out for more reading material
By GingerPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 04:26 AM
I'm reading Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden and it is excellent. Apparently he wrote another book about one of the characters' father and his experience as a native in the Canadian army during WWI. I love war stories so I need to find this one next!
By fossegirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 04:25 PM
Currently reading three books: Tarzan of the Apes (for my history class), Firegold by Dia Calhoun, and re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix :)
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 05:44 PM
"Plain Truth", Jodi Picoult.
By Boogledoomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 07:22 PM
balletsfriend wrote:

I need to read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close...I've heard amazing things about it. I read Eating Animals by the same author this summer.

You won't regret reading it, it's absolutely brilliant. Also, Everything is Illuminated is amazing too. It's semi-autobiographical novel about him going to find the woman who saved his grandfather's life during the Nazi liquidation of Trachimbrod. There is a film as well starring Elijah Wood, although it differs to the book which tends to happen a lot.
Safran Foer is a genius.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 09:10 PM
I'm reading 2 books. One is a 14 day book because it's new so I am reading that first. However, I had the other book before the 14 day one so I started it.

I went to the Amish country in PA twice and I loved it! Whenever I find a book by Beverly Lewis I have to read it. This one is called The Missing. I just noticed it says Seasons of Grace Two so now I am reading the second book and I didn't read the first book! I hate when that happens. I now have to find the first book. This isn't the first time that's happened.

The other book is another travel book that allows me to travel without paying for plane fare and going through security and worring about a plane crash. It's called The Virginia Way and there is really no author. The picture and text are by 2 different people and the publisher is a third person. It's very interesting. I like the text and the pictures.
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:12 PM
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-09-06 22:15:37
Just finished The Mockingjay--book 3 of The Hunger Games trilogy..and it was absolutely fantastic, just like the rest of the series. A real page turner with lots of twists and turns and great, well-developed characters that you grow to love.

Now that I'm finished with that, I'm looking for my next book. I'm considering The Magicians: A Novel, which Megan listed a page or so back..sounds interesting.

I'm also somewhat in the middle of re-reading (for the thousandth or so time) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, because when I was in London back in June, I bought the British versions of HP 1 & 2, so I'm reading those to see the differences between the two. Well, and because the series pretty much just rocks my socks.

Also considering:
*trying the Narnia series again. I started the series when I was like 11/12 or so, but never really got into it for whatever reason, but I want to give them another shot now that I'm older

*The City of Ember series--a friend of mine recommended them to me, so I may check into those as well.
By xBallet_babex
On Sat Sep 11, 2010 01:04 PM
I'm reading The Thirteenth Tale right now. It's pretty good, but the author writes in choppy, short, sentences and very descriptively. The woman that recommended it to me said if I liked Jane Austin I would probably like this. It's a pretty good read, but I'm only about half way through.
By Boogledoomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 11, 2010 07:05 PM
*Update* I'm now reading Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson. It's about the murder trial of a Japanese-American man in the death of a fisherman.
It's set in the 1950s and explores the effects of Japanese exile camps during World War 2 on the residents of the island where the trial is taking place.
By MaxwellPremium member
On Sat Sep 11, 2010 07:24 PM
I am reading The Hunger Games for the first time, because I am perpetually a year behind on YA trends.
By tempsleve
On Sun Sep 12, 2010 08:09 PM
Burned by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

I've almost finished, and I love this series!
On Sun Sep 12, 2010 09:55 PM
xBallet_babex wrote:

I'm reading The Thirteenth Tale right now. It's pretty good, but the author writes in choppy, short, sentences and very descriptively. The woman that recommended it to me said if I liked Jane Austin I would probably like this. It's a pretty good read, but I'm only about half way through.

Oh nice! Tell me how it is. It's one of those I picked up once because it looked good, but I haven't made much progress in it.
I keep starting to read it..then forget about it..then have to re-start it again a few months later.
By xBallet_babex
On Tue Sep 21, 2010 03:06 PM
I finished the Thirteenth Tale and it was REALLY good! It was a little slow getting started, but there were some really creative plot twists. I don't want to say much more than that and give anything away.
On Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 PM
^Ooh good! Looks like I'll have to dig it back out and just work on getting past the first few chapters.
I remember buying it because the plot sounded pretty interesting and the online reviews were pretty good.

Just finished The Time-Traveler's Wife. Loved it! Get your kleenex ready at the end!

Now..trying to find something else. I may try and re-start The Thirteenth Tale..again. Or, also any of the other ones I listed like two posts up. Or..might get back into The Vampire Chronicles series. I got to The Body Thief..when I was like 16? (that's probably when I last read it) and never got around to finishing the rest of them. Really good series though.
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 05:38 AM
I went to a second hand book store today and my dad got me a cute book. I got The Princess Diaries. I'd like to get the other 5 books, once I'm done. Best part, the book is in great condition and was only $2! Funny thing about bookstores too; they stock videos and DVDs, right? Well, first video I spotted was The Lord of the Dance. Yup, in a book store and still manage to be obsessed with dance and find something to relate it back to.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Thu Sep 30, 2010 08:18 PM
Okay, Ted Dekker is now one of my fave authors! I am reading another of his books. 3 so far. I read the first 2, Black and Red. I am now reading White. Oh my gosh, they are so exciting! He even has 3 new ones out but my library won't have them just yet.

I also took out of our library Dale Evans Rogers - Her Story of Life and Love-Rainbow on a Hard Trail w/Norman B. Rohrer, The Anxiety of Everyday Objects-Aurelie Sheehan, and Classic Rock -Gary Cee-Introduction by Pete Fornatale. I also took out a book that I am sure I have read. It has pictures in it but I don't recognize any of them. I'll have to bring it back. I think I have a lot of books to read for a while.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 09, 2010 08:20 PM
I am just finishing "Going Bovine" by Libba Bray. It's one of the zaniest books I've ever read!
By xBallet_babex
On Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:42 PM
I'm about 1/2 way through Breath, Eyes, Memory right now. It's a pretty messed up book! I'm not sure I like it, but I want to see how it ends.
Page:
Page 22 of 32: 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch