Forum: Arts / Books

Page:
Page 24 of 32: 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
re: Which book are you reading right now?
By RattyPattymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 13, 2011 05:19 AM
I'm reading The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky and Greenmantle by John Buchan. In addition to these novels I am reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. So busy! Haha.
By MeiMei_Amaya
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 08:15 AM
I am reading the first book of "The Twelve Kingdoms".
I just finished "Phantom of the Opera" by Leroux again :)
By Boogledoomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 02:36 PM
I'm currently reading Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, he's an absolutely brilliant writer and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this and Slaughterhouse 5.
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 03:55 PM
Edited by Felsa (169953) on 2011-01-24 15:55:51
I am reading Mockingjay. HOLY!! These books are AMAZING! It took me a whole 2 days to read The Hunger Games and I was hooked from the first chapter. I am hoping to finish Mockingjay tomorrow.
By CaitDestinymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 05:50 PM
Right now, I just started reading "A million little pieces."
It's a book on OPRAH'S reading list, and it's actually very good. The author goes into great detail that sometimes makes me want to get sick, but the story line really touches you and gets in touch with the character and the problems he faces.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 09:33 PM
I'm reading a biography on Abigail Adams. It's pretty good so far when I can get myself to settle down & actually read.
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 09:35 PM
Wasn't there an uproar about a million little pieces because the author claimed it was his autobiography but none of it actually happened? I could be thinking of a different book but frankly, I'm on my iPhone and googling that stuff is too much of a pain to consider.
By Lev_Nougol
On Wed Jan 26, 2011 01:30 PM
I just finished rereading The Vampire Lestat.
I really need to get back to the series...
By GingerPremium member
On Wed Jan 26, 2011 01:48 PM
I have both Pride and Prejudice and Snow Falling On Cedars on the go. I read P&P when I was about 15 and hated it- I'm enjoying it much more this time around.
On Thu Jan 27, 2011 08:19 PM
Oh ^ I read snow falling on cedars last, I thought it was pretty brilliant. I didn't think I was going to think a lot of it as it was one of my mum's books but I got really into it.
By xBallet_babex
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 08:42 PM
I started reading the color purple today because I've heard it's good. I'm still trying to expand what I read and not stick with what I'm completely comfortable with...but I just don't enjoy this genre I think. It's not a bad book, just not my thing.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 09:25 PM
I tried reading some of the things on Oprah's book club and couldn't get into what I was reading. I've never read The Color Purple though. Like they say, it's not my cup of tea. I don't think that just because someone likes a certain book and they are famous, suddenly everyone will be reading it and loving it like you do. My mom and I have different styles of reading. Sometimes we like the same things, sometimes we don't.

Right now I just finished The Cherry Cheesecake Murder by Joanne Fluke. A Hanna Swensen Mystery with recipes. There are some good recipes in this book. I really liked it. I just started Thistle & Twig by Mary Saums. I haven't read enough to say much about it except to say so far I like what I am reading.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 03:58 AM
Currently reading 1984, after such a long reading drought!
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 06:29 PM
I've got "The Game" by Neil Strauss, "The Birth of Venus" by Sarah Dunant, and "Crónica de una muerte anunciada" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez on my nightstand right now.
By Prima_ballerina5member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 10, 2011 06:19 PM
^^ I had to read 1984 for school. I hated it! The ending totally creeped me out.

I just finished 'Delirium' by Lauren Oliver. It was so good but expectedly sad at the end.
I'm halfway through re-reading 'Rumours' by Anna Godberson and about a quarter of the way through 'The Pact' by Jodi Picolt.
By xBallet_babex
On Fri Feb 11, 2011 09:35 AM
^ I've read a few of Jodi Picoults books and I think My Sister's Keeper was my favorite. Some of them were just REALLY weird and so far out there I didn't really like them. The Pact was sad though.

I'm trying to hurry up and finish The Color Purple so I can move on to something I'll like more. I don't like only reading 1/2 a book, so now I feel obligated to finish it.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 26, 2011 03:04 AM
^^
Yeah, it was for school but it was on my to read list anyway. I liked aspects of it, some aspects not so much. But definitely a worthwhile read.

I am currently reading Tess D'Urberveille, also for school.
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 26, 2011 03:42 AM
The Maestro - for school.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:02 PM
I just finished a bunch of books. However, I don't remember exact titles or authors. 2 were about the Amish. I love Amish stories. One was about an Amish girl in a wheel chair and another was the 3rd part of a story about an Amish girl who was forced to give up her daughter when she was a teen and trying to find her after she got married and had children. I read a southern story about 2 best girlfriends and a murder. I read one about a girl called Artichoke (not her real name) and her struggle to lose a lot of weight. Last but not least was one about a teenager who looses her mom & goes to find her granddad and find out why her mom left the town she was born in and never went back. I loved all of them and took them back to the library today.

In their place I took out Family Affair By Debbie McComber which I am now reading. It's a small book and it's a 14 day book. I should have it read by tomorrow or Mon. It's a quick read and very enjoyable. All of her books are. Next is Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury and Green by Ted Dekker, also favorite authors of mine. They are iter-loan library books as I read all the books by Karen & Ted that our library had by them.
By balletsfriendmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 04:40 PM
I'm reading Notorious: The It Girl #2. What can I say? I've missed my Gossip Girl reading days, so I started up her other series. I'm loving every second of it!

I also got a Kindle, so I've been reading a lot more!
By RattyPattymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 05:38 PM
Oh I just love reading!
I recently read Hamlet and Othello, with the aid of Audible.com audiobooks, they're wonderful! I also read Ibsen's Hedda Gabler, and now I'm done with plays for a while. I'm still working on The Idiot by Dostoevsky and I just started Madame Bovary.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 07:34 PM
I love books that are an easy read, but I don't like how they keep me awake at night and make me not want to put down the book when I have other things to do. Dandelion Dust was like that. I read it in a day or 2. I finished the Debbie McComber book in a day because it was so small. I really liked it too. I've started the Ted Dekker book and I am loving it! I'll probably read it in a few days too. I want to get more Ted & Debbie books from our Inter-library loan. All the ones our library has I've read already.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:12 PM
I'm reading "Oryx And Crake" by Margaret Atwood. It's the prequel to a book I read for English class last year, "The Year Of The Flood". Pretty spectacular. I love her writing style. So descriptive!!
By RedheadGredmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 03, 2011 08:17 PM
I'm reading The Mortal Instruments: The Glass City by Cassandra Clare. It is the third in the series. My cousin had sent me the first two in the mail and I enjoyed them so I got the third one and I am liking it so far.
By rainbow_rawr
On Tue Mar 08, 2011 04:35 PM
I just finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen about a week ago...It's so good! I'd recommend it to anyone!

For my next book, I really want to read Madame Toussaud by Michelle Moran.
Page:
Page 24 of 32: 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch