Forum: Arts / Books

Page:
Page 3 of 321 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 28 29 30 31 32
re: Which book are you reading right now?
By skyzieloulouPremium member Comments: 887, member since Wed Feb 16, 2005
On Tue Sep 11, 2007 06:59 AM
hi there

im reading The memory keepers daughter by kim edwards.Its great so far.

sarah xx
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Tue Sep 11, 2007 05:38 PM
I got stuck in Wicked and I'm still working on Marie Antoinette. I'm going to start The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen tonight. I'll probably have finished it by Friday. :)
By EStarmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2747, member since Wed Aug 16, 2006
On Tue Sep 11, 2007 09:00 PM
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.

I LOVE the children's section!! :) It's such a good book.....
By funsizeddancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1432, member since Fri Feb 24, 2006
On Wed Sep 12, 2007 04:16 PM
Sisterhood of the traveling pants (for fun) and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (for English). :) I love the first one, it turned out really good but the second one is kind of boring and most definitely NOT a page turner.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Thu Sep 13, 2007 02:35 PM
Just finished "On Beauty" by Zadie Smith (which I recommend) and I'm now delving into "The Night Watch" by Sarah Waters...I've been on a Booker Prize kick lately, so I've been reading lots of the recent winners and shortlisted books.
By dance4lanimember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6238, member since Fri May 02, 2003
On Thu Sep 13, 2007 08:28 PM
At the moment I am reading both
-The World to come - Dara Horn
-13.5 lives of Captain Bluebear - Walter Moers

Both great so far.
Lani
By ballerina_222member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 306, member since Sun Jan 08, 2006
On Fri Sep 14, 2007 05:28 PM
I'm reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I heard it was great, but when i started it i was like, "this is really weird/creepy." but now it is great! I'm really enjoying it.
By KU_Ballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2644, member since Fri Jul 04, 2003
On Fri Sep 14, 2007 06:14 PM
I'm reading "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light - The Private Writings of the 'Saint of Calcutta'." It is a really great and inspiring book. Not recommended for those who do not consider themselves religious. However, even if you aren't Christian you can learn alot from Mother Teresa and her work. I also recommend to all people whether they are Catholic or not.
By x_GIDGET_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 960, member since Mon Dec 06, 2004
On Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:05 AM
I'm rereading 'The Rosary Girls' by Richard Montanari.

It's a crime/thriller. Woo. Abby's favourite. Definately not for those with weak stomachs. It gets quite disturbing.

It's an awesome book though.
By KeepOnSinginPremium member Comments: 12372, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Sun Sep 16, 2007 07:17 AM
I'm currently reading 2 books,and will be starting a 3rd this week:

1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (completely for my own pleasure).

2. There Are No Children Here: The Story of Two Boys Growing Up in The Other America by Alex Kotlowitz (I'm reading this for English class,but I'm the one who picked it since we need an independent book). If you don't know what it is,look on Amazon. You can also read more about it if you go to page 99 of the RCT, I made a long post about it!

3. The Crucible by Arthur Miller (we are going to read this,mostly in class starting sometime this week).
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Sun Sep 16, 2007 09:41 AM
The Lovely Bones is one of my favorite books. It is a bit weird in the beginning, but it's a wonderful story. I read it in less than a day, I think.
By RulerOfTheArts Comments: 1186, member since Sun Mar 05, 2006
On Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:49 AM
I am reading The Sound and the Fury- for the 6th time now. :)
By GhillieGirl117 Comments: 661, member since Fri Jun 01, 2007
On Mon Sep 17, 2007 02:58 PM
"The Mother Daughter Book Club"!
By Count8member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 687, member since Mon Jun 25, 2007
On Mon Sep 17, 2007 03:24 PM
I'm reading the german book 'Der mechanische Prinz' which basically means 'the mechanical prince'. I don't know if there is a english version of it, since the author is german but oh, it's so much love!
By dancetosurvivemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 466, member since Sat Mar 11, 2006
On Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:07 PM
I agree, The Lovely Bones is one you will want to read until you finish. I remember getting a little bit bored towards the end, maybe because the beginning was so haunting. Its a good read though!

Is The Crucible by Arthur Miller the one loosely based on the Salem Witch trials?
On Tue Sep 18, 2007 09:44 AM
^Yup.

My friend's mom is an English teacher and she had her students read it. For an assignment she had them write out descriptions of the characters. For Abigail this student wrote three words:

"She a ho"

Hilarity ensued.
By Xx_Rach_xX Comments: 68, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:49 PM
I'm reading Tilly Troter by Catherine Cookson :)
By Gwyneth17member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1284, member since Wed Dec 21, 2005
On Tue Sep 18, 2007 04:24 PM
Working on the Harry Potter books, just waiting for the last book from the library! And I'm going to go for Jane Eyre again soon...(never finished it last time).
By tuttifruttymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1093, member since Sat Mar 26, 2005
On Wed Sep 19, 2007 09:45 PM
The Secret by I don't know who, but its a best seller here in Mexico and even has his own documentary in the DISH network
By Fayetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2836, member since Fri Jun 09, 2006
On Thu Sep 20, 2007 01:55 AM
I have a new book! I found a great edition of the Decameron by Boccaccio in a second-hand bookshop last week. It was cheap and pretty, and so I couldn`t leave it behind. Great book so far - the stories are really funny.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Thu Sep 20, 2007 09:52 AM
^Oh, I love The Decameron! It's wonderful for travelling because you can just read one or two of the stories at a time. Such a big, fun book.
On Fri Sep 21, 2007 09:26 AM
I totally geeked out and stayed up until 2am to finish The Truth About Forever when I should have been asleep last night. Reading one chapter turned into reading the last 100 pages.

I think I'm going to jump back into Marie Antoinette and Wicked now. I'm about half done with Wicked, but the sex was starting to get annoying. Why can't Gregory Maguire's characters keep it in their pants?

If I don't do that I'm going to reread Gossip Girl and start either Dracula or Twilight. I'm in the mood for a vampire book again.
By Legwarmermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5734, member since Mon Sep 26, 2005
On Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:55 PM
^^ Hahaha! Read Twilight, I couldn't wait for THEM to have sex, LOL, but it never happened. Hahah, I'm so strange with some books! Sometimes, I really want two characters to get together and live their love. Sometimes, I just ... need that! Because it's the top of romance... (:

I found a great edition of the Decameron by Boccaccio in a second-hand bookshop last week.

It's a really good book! I have it, too, but I just read... about 15 stories?
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1553, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Fri Sep 21, 2007 02:12 PM
Ender's game, which I have too read for school
By Yvonnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3624, member since Sat Dec 04, 2004
On Fri Sep 21, 2007 06:55 PM
someone save me! i have to read the tale of two city's for English. it is so boring.
Page:
Page 3 of 321 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch