Forum: Arts / Books

Page:
Page 4 of 321 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29 30 31 32
re: Which book are you reading right now?
By Little_MissJmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11220, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:09 PM
My last comment on 23rd August said I was reading Bridget Jones. Well, I've read both the first and second. Going to start Pride and Prejudice later :)
By ballet_twin_1 Comments: 185, member since Thu Mar 22, 2007
On Sun Sep 23, 2007 01:46 PM
I just finished Black Beauty by Anna Sewell...very good book, I highly suggest it. It's a classic!
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Sep 24, 2007 05:10 PM
Finished The Night Watch by Sarah Waters...it was good, but knowing that she wrote Tipping The Velvet, I probably should have realised it might have a lot of gay themes as well- I have no issue with it, but it was definitely a novel approach to WWII-era London for me. Quite compelling, with great characters and a time-moving-backwards approach that worked really well.

Just started The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle, hahaha. I watched the old cartoon of it with my boyfriend a while ago just because I thought it was so weird that someone had it on their 'recommended' shelf at our neighbourhood video rental place, and I decided I wanted to read it just because it will be great to tell people I'm reading a book with 'unicorn' in the title (I am definitely not usually a fantasy girl.)
By knchtdancrmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 280, member since Tue Aug 01, 2006
On Mon Sep 24, 2007 07:17 PM
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Wed Sep 26, 2007 02:34 PM
Finished The Last Unicorn (really quick read...not bad for fantasy though) and am now diving into Becoming Jane Austen by Jon Spence- I thought it was about time I read an Austen biography.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Fri Sep 28, 2007 09:15 AM
I'm having a hard time choosing. I think I have too many options. I also just ordered 3 new books off Amazon.

Nineteen Minutes-Picoult
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You-Carson
Atonement-McEwan

I'm leaning toward The Time Traveler's Wife or Twilight right now. Any suggestions either way?
By Maggie5 Comments: 346, member since Sun May 13, 2007
On Sat Sep 29, 2007 05:54 PM
Right now I am reading:

Anna Karenina (yet again)
Mansfield Park
A Thousand Splendid Suns
Where late the sweet birds sang (I'm not usually a sci-fi girl, but it's not bad.)
Eat Pray Love
A Complicated Kindness

Weird- I'm not reading any dance-related books at the moment. That's unusual for me.

PinUpGirl- I read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You and really enjoyed it. You should let me know what you thought of it when you're through.
By megzi Comments: 558, member since Wed Jun 20, 2007
On Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:32 PM
im rading the lemony sniket books!!
love ya'll megzi x.x.x.x.x.x
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6075, member since Tue Dec 20, 2005
On Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:40 PM
I just finished Warm Springs: Traces of a Childhood at FDR's Polio Haven by Susan Richards Shreve and Look Me in the Eye: My Life With Asperger's by John Robison and both were amaaazing. I don't normally like nonfiction, so I was kind of surprised when I finished Look Me in the Eye in a few hours.
By smellykaT Comments: 867, member since Mon Aug 22, 2005
On Mon Oct 01, 2007 06:19 PM
Edited by smellykaT (139314) on 2007-10-01 18:19:52
* The World According to Garp by John Irving
* The Encyclopedia of Sharks by Steve and Jane Parker
By EStarmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2747, member since Wed Aug 16, 2006
On Mon Oct 01, 2007 06:42 PM
Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Really good, and very creepy (...I think... :P) so far.... don't know why I haven't picked it up before now!!
By Dancer517member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 319, member since Sun Jul 29, 2007
On Mon Oct 01, 2007 07:27 PM
two -one in school for pleasure and one a home for pleasure. i have to keep a pleasure book in school and prefer not to carry it back and forth.

at home: Gossip Girl. i love the clique books so i thought id give this a try

at school: Flush. loved Hoot and they were by the same author.
On Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:22 AM
Finished the Austen biography and I stayed up last night and reread The Hours by Michael Cunningham...oh, I love him so much. I think I might reread A Home at the End of the World next.
By SongForTheAsking Comments: 114, member since Sun Sep 23, 2007
On Tue Oct 02, 2007 04:06 PM
Right now i'm reading The Inferno of Dante (Robert Pinsky translation) for school and i'm really enjoying it so far, though i've only read the first three cantos. I really wish that I could read it in the original Italian though.

I am also reading Enders Game by Orson Scott Card. I read it back in grade ten and decided that I would re-read it and the sequel. Theres definately something about this book that I love. I think its that the characters have more depth and are better developed than most sci-fi I have read.

I have also been reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte on and off for the last couple of months. I really love it,the characters have so much passion,and its so strange of me to keep setting it aside for weeks before coming back to it.I guess i'm just busy with school.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Wed Oct 03, 2007 09:32 PM
Still working on These Three Remain by Pamela Aidan. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult came in today, so I might move on to that next. I liked My Sister's Keeper.
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4424, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Thu Oct 04, 2007 03:32 PM
Right now, for my book report, I am reading "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". After my book report is finished, I am planning on rereading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows again.

But usually, my teacher says she gives like a report after another, so I may not get to read Deathy Hallows for another month or so.
By EStarmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2747, member since Wed Aug 16, 2006
On Thu Oct 04, 2007 06:40 PM
^^ Wow, I don't know if I could read the Deathly Hallows again. Going through all those tears again....... :P

I finished Coraline, it was really good! Now I'm reading The Wolves of Willouby Chase. It's okay, I haven't read enough to actually get into it yet.
By Dancing_Doll2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 636, member since Mon Apr 12, 2004
On Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:21 PM
I was reading vampire lestat, but at the moment I'm mostly reading Regeneration by Pat Barker as a part of a collection of World War books i need to read by january for coursework.
In class I'm reading Winters Tale and Lyrical Ballads.
By DarcysReelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4545, member since Mon Sep 29, 2003
On Sun Oct 07, 2007 09:12 PM
Im reading:

Atonement by Ian McEwan and
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

I highly reccomend both!

I also have to start reading The Trial by Kafka for my English Lit class. Im hoping it's better than what Im thinking it'll be.
By LilDancer005member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 510, member since Fri Oct 17, 2003
On Mon Oct 08, 2007 06:32 PM
I am reading Eat,Pray,Love By: Elizabeth Gilbert

The author was on Oprah because this book was the last book in her book club. As soon as I am finished with this one I am going to start on the new one so I can be caught up.
So far it is a really good book it makes me want to go to Italy even more than I already wanted to. I think it is a great story and can relate to so many woman. It is truly insperational and I would suggest everyone read it. Especially if you are going through a hard time
By Mandymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2035, member since Tue May 16, 2006
On Mon Oct 08, 2007 06:56 PM
I'm reading a story in my textbook called "Little Fayet."
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1553, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Mon Oct 08, 2007 07:32 PM
I am reading the Crucible for english class.
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2426, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Thu Oct 11, 2007 07:15 PM
I'm sure I've replied to this once before, but I'm reading new books now so I wanted to add them. lol

The Chrysalids
Flowers in the Attic - V.C Andrews
Killer Dreams - Iris Johansen

I'm reading The Chrysalids in school because I have to. I didn't choose to and if I had a choice I don't think I'd read it. It's not my type of book and my teacher makes it even more boring.

Flowers in the Attic I'm reading at school by choice. I had borrowed a few books from my grandma and two of them happened to be V.C Andrews book, the first and third book of the Cutler series and I liked the first one (want to read second one before third one though). I had looked up some V.C Andrews book on the internet and read what some were about and Flowers in the Attic appealed to me and I randomly saw it in my school library one day so I started to read it lol

And Killer Dreams is the book I'm reading at home. I'm almost done it though. It sounded like a good book from reading the back so I bought it and it's held up to my first expectations. The beginning is quite screwed up. The woman's father randomly pulls a gun out and shoots his wife in the head and turns the guy on the woman's child, his grandson. Definitely got my attention :P
On Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 PM
I'm on I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You. I'm enjoying it. It's funny and light. I'll probably pass it along to a few friends.
On Fri Oct 12, 2007 08:19 AM
I just read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse- figured it was probably about time. And I have to say that I did NOT feel like I was reading kids' books, like I usually feel when I read teen lit. I really enjoyed them.

Now I'm reading Amsterdam by Ian McEwan (again). Love him.
Page:
Page 4 of 321 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch