Popular Ballet

shoe suggestions-full sole leather for adult by GannTheGlorious
Foot notes on me: I usually wear either canvas split sole shoes or demi-pointe shoes. I had a...

Forum: Tap / Clogging

Clogging
Good clogging songs en>fr fr>en
By sjeliza2285 Comments: 33, member since Mon Feb 10, 2003
On Sun Mar 02, 2003 05:59 PM

Can anybody give me a list or website of good clogging songs or cue sheets? thanks a bunch!
~eliza

20 Replies to Good clogging songs

re: Good clogging songs en>fr fr>en
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33905, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:03 PM
bart.ccis.com . . .

The Happy Clog Que-Sheet Page. He gets people that submit que-sheets from workshops all over the country!

www.scottysclognco.com

Scotty Bilz puts all of his que-sheets up on his dance studios website.

Theresa
By dancer4u011 Comments: 12, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Wed Mar 05, 2003 05:00 PM
Well...I know that when my drill team put on a show...we used Devil Went Down to Georgia.... EVERYONE WENT CRAZY!!!
Need help too!! en>fr fr>en
By mic01clogtap Comments: 1, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:36 AM
I do agree with Devil Went Down to Georgia. I have performed and choreographed a clogging/tap dance to that song, and I received more applause and cheers than I ever have before. It is an amazing song to perform to, everyone knows it, but it isn't overplayed too much.

However, I need help because I cannot perform this song at my next competition, because I choreographed the song originally for my sister, and she will be competing solo at that same competition, with me...which leaves me out of a song to dance to.

I have been looking for songs of the same caliber, and I have found ones that I like, such as "River Deep Mountain High" and "Turn the Beat Around," but I can't find any that click with my style of dancing. I've been dancing now for 15 years, so the issue is not finding steps to the dance, just finding the perfect song to dance to. I kept going to dance team pages, but they don't list the songs, just the results. What songs have you all seen performed, or performed yourself that would work for a clog/tap? Please keep in mind that I am a college student, for song selection purposes....

Thank you for your help!!!
By dancer4u011 Comments: 12, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:39 AM
Right now in my dance class, we are going to perform "Up" by Shana ( However you spell that) Twain. Country songs usually go over well.
By dansegirl Comments: 35, member since Sun Apr 13, 2003
On Sun Apr 13, 2003 01:31 PM
Locomotion has always been my favorite clogging song.
Tapping? en>fr fr>en
By PopLocksupaStar Comments: 25, member since Sun Apr 06, 2003
On Sun Apr 13, 2003 07:56 PM
Whats tapping about?
By dansegirl Comments: 35, member since Sun Apr 13, 2003
On Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:18 PM
Do you mean what is tapping or what is clogging?
By dancergirl_5678 Comments: 34, member since Wed Apr 09, 2003
On Thu Apr 17, 2003 02:51 PM
Here Are A Few:

5, 6, 7, 8 - Steps
Dance - Twister Alley
Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks
I am doing one this year to Get This Party Started by Pink
By heatherBdancin Comments: 55, member since Sat Feb 01, 2003
On Sun Apr 20, 2003 08:33 PM
also try techno and rock...there's a new Linkin Park song that's getting some airplay on the radio and it makes me want to clog whenever i hear it...i'm not sure what it's called, but I like when my group is doing "different" songs at competitions to surprise people! Most of the time audiences and judges expect cloggers to come out and do "Cotton Eyed Joe" so when we do techno they really like it!
By SmileyTigerette Comments: 109, member since Mon Apr 28, 2003
On Tue Apr 29, 2003 05:55 PM
I used to clog in DeRidder, La. before we moved here to Texas. I miss it sooo much! It was my fav. thing in the world to do, and I was pretty good at it although I only got to do it for 2 years. My 2nd year I tried out for a pre-performing group called Kajun Kuties & really enjoyed it. But when we moved here, the nearing studio that offers clogging is kinda far away. But hopefully this summer & maybe even next year my mom will drive me to take a workshop & classes. :) I really miss it..I still take tap & other forms of dance at the lil studio here in town and I am on my high school's drill team(Tigerettes) which is really great & fun..I just wish I could clog. lol
Anyway, we did a dance to "Come on Over" by Christina Aguileria & the theme from Saturday Night Fever. It was really cute. Also, my 1st year of clogging our recital dance was to "Getting Jiggy Wit It" by Will Smith. That routine was also a lot of fun! :)
P.S.- If anyone knows anything about clogging here in SouthEast Texas, pleez reply! thanks!
By TippyTapper Comments: 14, member since Mon Oct 14, 2002
On Sat May 24, 2003 04:49 PM
There were some girls at our stuidio that did a dance that got a HUGE applause. They danced to Cotton Eyed Joe. They had the audience clapping to the music and everything. It was great!
By dancer_4life403member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1568, member since Thu Nov 14, 2002
On Sun Jun 01, 2003 04:55 PM
I've always clogged to like country songs and the judges seem to like clogging alot because it is different. I think that they need something a little different because you can see at most competitions it is almost the same songs and stuff..

We danced to SOLD by John Michael Montgomery and we had the auction theme goin...we had an auctioneer and the benches and acted like we were in an auction...(I was the auctioneer) and our costumes were like we held in auction in the hay barn..we had our hair braided in pigtails with coat hangers braided through it so our pigtails stuck out that pippy-longstockin..we did really good...

We decided to change our style this year though and do something different..We did a spanish clogging number..It was different and went over well with the judges too! We did OBJECTION (TANGO) by Shakira. It was fast and our costumes were itchy but we did really well got a couple of high place finishes! But here is a list of all the songs I've danced to (if i can remember)

SOLD- John Michael Montgomery
OBJECTION (TANGO)- Shakira
COTTON EYED JOE
DUELING BANJOS
DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA
SIN WAGON- DIXIE CHICKS
LOCOMOTION
THE SHAKE- DWIGHT YOAKAM

UMMM...I REALLY can't think of any more! But that is it for ya!

*Dancer 4 Life*
TiFfAnY
By DancinMonkeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1037, member since Sat May 24, 2003
On Tue Jun 03, 2003 04:49 PM
do it to the hampster cotton eye joe
By dancingdreams13 Comments: 21, member since Sat Feb 10, 2001
On Sat Jul 12, 2003 07:23 AM
I have clogged to:

Swing City
Mississippi Christmas Eve
Boogie 'Till the Cows Come Home
God Blessed Texas
If the House Is Rockin
Hillbilly Rock
Boot Scootin Boogie
Sin Wagon
There's Your Trouble
Let Er Rip
Aint Going down Tillt the Sun Comes up
Next Best thing

Good Luck
By chipaluck Comments: 111, member since Thu Jun 05, 2003
On Sat Jul 12, 2003 07:38 PM
tell me ma--shamrock
barney's reel-bugs green
cyrils fiddlin favorites--bugs green
poor broked up mess of a heart--travis tritt
sha la la --venga boys
By lildanzncuttie Comments: 2, member since Mon Jul 21, 2003
On Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:41 AM
umm... we cometed this year with our clogging song...WORKING DAY AND NIGHT... the crowd went whiled everytime we perfored... we all dressed up in different occupations and did our on lil thing that went with our occupation in tha begin!! ... we got platnium!!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33905, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:59 AM
If you <i>must</i> clog to country music, may I suggest East Bound And Down by Jerry Reed?

(Even if you don't recognize the name, you'll probably know it when you hear it...)

Theresa
By ballerinafairy Comments: 62, member since Wed Jul 23, 2003
On Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:15 PM
a song that i have clogged to is "Cotton Eye Joe" it is got a really good beat! My sister clogged to "Devil went down to Georgia" it was really cool!
Clogging Music en>fr fr>en
By cloggnmom Comments: 2, member since Sat Jul 26, 2003
On Sat Jul 26, 2003 01:22 PM
I've seen alot of Venga Boys numbers at competitions. The nice thing is they have a good beat and are usually fast enough to dance to. The bad thing is they are sometimes too perverted to use.

My daughter's group dances to almost everything. For that matter, so do the rest of the teams at the clogging competitions we go to. If someone likes a song, the teacher just tries some sample steps to it. If it's only slightly too slow, she can speed it up with her CD player or custom music software (I think they use "Goldwave"). If it's way too slow, you can dance to it in double time. Sometimes though there's just no hope for it. My daughter wanted to do a solo to "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies. The speed was pretty good and she could find the beat okay. (Then she decided to use the solo for a pageant competition and had to switch to "themed music".)

We try to avoid clogging to country music if possible because it's so cliche. As wonderful as "Cotton-Eyed Joe" is to dance to, we have seen it competed at least once or twice at every competition we've been to.

Good luck! I hope you find something that inspires you!
By heatherBdancin Comments: 55, member since Sat Feb 01, 2003
On Mon Jul 28, 2003 01:43 PM
Venga Boys are really good, "We Like To Party" is one song that was used in a workshop I went to, the dance was fun. Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" is a fun song and you can get those boot spats that fit over your clogging shoes to make your costume really stand out. NSync's song "Space Cowboy" has a good beat for clogging. If you're into oldies try "Takin' Care of Business" for beginners or David Bowie's song "Golden Years" for more advanced cloggers.

ReplySendWatch