Poll: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Do You Like Pas De Deux?
By Mandymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2035, member since Tue May 16, 2006
On Mon Sep 10, 2007 05:52 PM

I like PDD. It's pretty awkward at first, especially when you're 11, but, yeah, now I love it! lol =)

What about you?

41 Replies to Do You Like Pas De Deux?

re: Do You Like Pas De Deux?
By balletgrlforever Comments: 949, member since Fri Jan 12, 2007
On Mon Sep 10, 2007 09:34 PM
I love Pas! It´s really great getting to work with a partner, and doing lifts, pirouettes, and other things. It´s important to be focused, but I really enjoy it.
By BalletdogPremium member Comments: 1181, member since Sat Jan 29, 2005
On Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:04 AM
YUP!
By melikeballet Comments: 256, member since Thu Mar 15, 2007
On Sat Sep 15, 2007 06:37 PM
That is SOOOOO Awesome that you started Pas @ age 11. That's when I started too!
*melikeballet*
By pointeprincess5member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 864, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Sat Sep 15, 2007 06:44 PM
i havent started and to be honest i dont think i ever will. im 14 and my studio doesnt have any guys old enough to partner. so unless a crowd of guys over 15ish magically apper in my studio, i think partnering is just a wish that wont come true. *sigh* i would love to partner so badly.
By Krist Comments: 70, member since Thu Dec 28, 2006
On Tue May 27, 2008 08:03 PM
amandajustdancin wrote:

I like PDD. It's pretty awkward at first, especially when you're 11, but, yeah, now I love it! lol =)

What about you?
I have to agree with you I tryed it out you are so right on it being awkward My fav is swan -lake thats one of My personal fav keep it real
By tybalt Comments: 583, member since Fri Nov 24, 2006
On Wed May 28, 2008 04:34 AM
amandajustdancin wrote:

What about you?

11 years is pretty young. How old is your partner? When I started as a boy I was 12, but I did only supports and promenades, no lifts of course. My first PDD with lifts I rehearsed at age 16, the girl was 14. It was so exciting, but I enjoyed it. I love partnering.
By dreamofdancing Comments: 540, member since Fri Feb 22, 2008
On Wed May 28, 2008 05:18 AM
love love LOVE partnering!!!!
By Alinaismyidolmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 960, member since Wed Apr 23, 2008
On Wed May 28, 2008 09:58 AM
I started when I was 13 and I love it.
By NASCARdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 231, member since Sun Aug 13, 2006
On Sat May 31, 2008 10:35 AM
I first started learning/performing lifts when I was 5. My partners were mid teens. Then my first real partner was a proffesional and another was 7/8 when I was almost 7. We had fun and we were good friends so it wasn't akward at all. I have been doing partnering for 7 years now and it has only been akward once when I started partnering this one guy who... I am not going to say it but it was akward. Now I am almost 13 and my partner is 16 and we have so much fun!
By foreverdance0member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 290, member since Wed May 07, 2008
On Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:00 AM
pointeprincess5 wrote:

i havent started and to be honest i dont think i ever will. im 14 and my studio doesnt have any guys old enough to partner. so unless a crowd of guys over 15ish magically apper in my studio, i think partnering is just a wish that wont come true. *sigh* i would love to partner so badly.

Same here!! :C
By rmdanceguy1 Comments: 903, member since Sat Nov 19, 2005
On Thu Jun 05, 2008 06:11 PM
I love Pas de deux. It is what really got me interested in ballet. When I first saw a pas de deux, I thought it was amazing and incredible. I saw the guy lifting, holding, and catching the most beautiful, feminine women in awesome ways. I instantly wanted to be partner a lady myself.

I have been taking ballet and have found a teacher who wants to introduce me to pas de deux.
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Sat Sep 22, 2007
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 08:44 AM
I love it! I'm practicing ballet for 6 months now and for a recital I have to do some PDD. I really enjoy it. I was also a little bit nervous, but that's because it was the first time I think.

I wish I can do it many more times or even follow PDD lessons somewhere, because my ballet studio actually doesnt have a "PDD class" and that's pitty.

Now lets hope the recital goes perfect, its on July 9th.
By rehxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 256, member since Tue Jul 24, 2007
On Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:19 PM
I LOVE PDD. I especially love when you can really tell the passion and expressions between the two dancers.
By Krist Comments: 70, member since Thu Dec 28, 2006
On Sun Jul 06, 2008 03:34 PM
Ive seen it but Ive never done it Me Im getting ready to start in it this will be a first for Me the fun thing is you get to partner thats awesome & you get to do lifts ect its fun Ive never partnered with anyone yet but thats ok there will come a time so Im not worryed
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1104, member since Sun Feb 17, 2008
On Wed Jul 16, 2008 09:53 PM
I LOVE PDD!!
By taenzer Comments: 20, member since Fri Jul 18, 2008
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:05 PM
I love Pas de Deux!!!
I enjoy every minute of our Pas de Deux lessons. Pas de Deux is not just dance for me, both partners have to trust the other partner.
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1104, member since Sun Feb 17, 2008
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 03:52 PM
Yes you absolutly have to trust him because if you didn't you would be able to do all the diffacult throws and lifts!!!
By punkgirl59 Comments: 4805, member since Wed Feb 13, 2002
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:08 PM
I like it more now than I used to. When I was at my old studio, we had very few guys, none of them were very good and they didn't seem to enjoy it or put any effort into it. I'm pretty sure that every one of them was being forced to be there.

But now that I'm in college we have some AMAZING male dancers. They make it a lot easier to like PDD.

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By taenzer Comments: 20, member since Fri Jul 18, 2008
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 04:04 AM
I am the guy and in the beginning it was hard to watch the partner and to dance. As guy I feel responsible for my partner especially if she is on pointe.

The last lesson my former partner and I were ask by our teacher to change our partners to get more experience with other dancers. We were afraid of this because we danced for almost 1,5 years together and both of us knew what the other will do... we were a well-rehearsed team (and we are good friends too).

But everything worked fine and we are pleased by our new partners. Not everything worked right from the start perfect but this is normal.

In total: I like PDD, there is so much feeling in it while dancing and if the partners fond of each other the audience will feel this.
I will not say that the PDD lessons are easy, we were sometimes angry about each other but this is part of the game and a good friendship will handle this.
By BalletGirl404 Comments: 243, member since Tue Sep 25, 2007
On Mon Aug 11, 2008 07:58 PM
I haven't started them yet but I just love to watch 'em!!
By Andre_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 87, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:09 AM
Edited by Andre_Dancer (202861) on 2008-10-17 11:10:08
I´am a ballet beginner and so i haven't started pas de deux yet.

But i like pas de deux and hope, that i can to this in the near future.

So i voted for "I haven't started pas de deux yet."
By Qeemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 277, member since Fri Mar 04, 2005
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 04:22 PM
I have only done it like, once?

:[
I'm DYING to start learning it.

There isnt really any opportunity to around here, so hopefully I will get private coached in it.
By ktballerina Comments: 11, member since Thu Sep 25, 2008
On Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 PM
I love pas de deux! Especially when you build that great trust with your partner! =)
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 PM
Its always been two pairs on stage doing pas de duexs, but this year its just me and one other guy on stage so I;m a little nervous. our rehearsals are exciting but its very hard to keep ballance, so I voted as in between (leaning to yes) :)
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch