Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Will i get to do it?
By PerfectAttitudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 13, 2007 04:47 AM

Hey,

I think pas de deux is beautiful! I was wondering, i just go to a normal dance school and do ballet there and i was wondering if i will ever experience pas de deux, they hold classes at the queensland ballet academy every year for things like pointe and pas de deux, do you think its worth taking some of them, they are $27 a class, do you think its worth it? Will i ever get to do pas de deux otherwise?

xx
Nicole

4 Replies to Will i get to do it?

re: Will i get to do it?
By ballet_anna
On Thu Sep 13, 2007 07:51 AM
Maybe you could ask your teacher if she/he has planned on teaching pas de deux. If not, I really think you should do it! Pas de deux is wonderfull, can't wait for me to start doing it.
By PerfectAttitudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 13, 2007 03:38 PM
Hey,

There are no boys in my class and i dont think she plans on teaching pas de deux, the classes have already passes but next year im going to go and see what pas de deux is like! Also it is taught by the queensland ballet company so i think it would be a great experience for me! I might even take more than one class and not just the pas de deux!

xx
nicole
By BalletdogPremium member
On Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 PM
I suggest you take one or several pas de deux classes at the Queensland Ballet Academy, and see how you like it. Keep in mind that if it seems hard or "really unfamiliar," it's only because you're doing a new dance form for the first time. You do use ballet in pas de deux, but you also do many new things. Being supported by another human being, who is standing only inches (or centimeters, since you're Australian) from you, is new. And having him take you through pas de deux steps you can't do on your own, is also new (promenades, supported poses, supported pirouettes, lifts, etc.). I'm recommending that if you feel any discouragement at first, go to several classes. However, most people like pas de deux right from the beginning...I say try it, you'll probably like (or love) it! :]

Balletdog/Rick
By Gwyneth17member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Oct 10, 2007 09:23 AM
Go for it--Pas de Deux is difficult at first, but so much fun once you get the hang of it! Like Rick said, it takes some getting used to, as well as a lot of trust, but it so beautiful and so much fun!

I started recently, and its gotten easier after just a few classes, and I always look forward to when we do PDD! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

ReplySendWatch