Forum: Ballet / Ballet Choreography

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Ballet To Rock Music?
By angieballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Dec 14, 2007 09:50 PM
^Interesting, Not my taste, but still nice to see ballet used! Kinda creeped me out- LOL! Nice technique. Thanks for sharing!
By angieballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Dec 15, 2007 07:41 PM
Edited by angieballerina (177970) on 2007-12-15 20:03:52 add link
ballerina124, Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was just looking again on eBay to see if that VHS of Joffery's Billboards was still there and it was gone. So, I went to Amazon to see if they had it. They do...3 used copies. One for $89.99, one for $99.95, and one for $500!!!!! What in the world?? Again, I did state that this tape was hard to come by, but come on? Does this indicate that there is a market for this? Rare item? The sellers must have some idea for what they can get for them, as I see they are all experienced vendors on Amazon. I guess I made a very wise purchase for $20 on eBay a couple of years ago! I love's me some Prince, but really!

Go check it out. Type in "Billboards" under the DVD/movies catagory.

Just had to show... www.amazon.com . . .
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 AM
There was billboards, there was this: danceoutlook.blogspot.com . . .
there was the thing my studio did with black pointe shoes, hot pink fishnets, and ripped up black tutus with hot pink details on the bodice. The music was instrumental heavy metal. It was amazing. But our SO hated it.
By balletbethx
On Fri Jan 04, 2008 05:57 PM
erm I did a dance to no tomorrow by orson and won the competion :D

also english national ballet did a "rocky ballet" to banquet by bloc party (one of my fave songs!!)

:D
By vicarious
On Sat Jan 05, 2008 01:03 AM
When the AD at DD's school choreographed "The Red Shoes" one piece in it was to an Eminem song. The words were foul so we had to get a kerioke version with no words. It rocked. That sceen in the ballet was called "Company Warm-up".
By cancan46
On Wed Jan 09, 2008 09:04 AM
interested in doing a ballet to rock something fun but need a visual do you happen to have one or can you tell me where one can buy a video
By NDancerx
On Wed Jan 09, 2008 07:13 PM
yeah i think they call it contemporary ballet, but in ,my dance magnet class at school sometimes my teacher gets bored wit regular music && uses hip hop && r&&b
By KillerQueen1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 20, 2008 09:25 PM
I saw the Complexsions Contemporary Ballet in Chicago do a dance to the Star Spangled Banner by Jimi Hendrix and some other rock song which I don't remember.
By WhenInDoubtPDB
On Sun Jan 27, 2008 02:05 PM
I've done pointe work to "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benetar. It was pretty amazing, and it worked well. I wish I had a video saved on my computer >.
By ineluctability
On Sun Jan 27, 2008 03:01 PM
I practice barre work to "Go Into the Water" by Dethklok (from Metalocalypse) all the time now. The timing is perfect. You guys should check it out!!
www.youtube.com . . .
By cancan46
On Sun Jan 27, 2008 05:21 PM
I wish you had a video as well... I can not visualize as i am a purest when it comes to ballet .... my girls really want to "do" something different though and I would love to figure the different out.
By cancan46
On Sun Jan 27, 2008 05:24 PM
Do you have a visual? what age were the performers... what level were the performers? find it hard to imagine ballet done decently to this genre music.
By cancan46
On Sun Jan 27, 2008 05:27 PM
thank you but definately not my taste... too loud!!! i am looking for a more pop sound.. music that would appeal to the parents as well as the kids,,
By hay_hay
On Mon Jan 28, 2008 01:28 PM
HEY!

so it sounds like the people at your studio are ready for something new and that is awesome! I have been choreographing for about 3 years and done a few public performances showcasing my work. And i sort of have a reputation for being a "rebel" in that I NEVER use classical but I LOVE the idea of rock and ballet!

One song that I always thought would be fun to do was Breaking the Habbit by linkin Park
gotta love them!

in order for you to choreograph a decent ballet to rock you have listen to the music a few different ways. first think of the words or goolge them then print it out.
next listen to the different levels of the song. LIke is there a bacground beat you could take and work it!

If you want to know anymore about it you can totally comment me and i would be more then happy to help you! I hope you have fun with your peice! just go for it!
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch