Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

just started
By pointdancer
On Wed Sep 19, 2007 09:38 AM

i just started RG and really want to increase my flexability i can do all of my splits and have fairly good back flexability but wat else would help my RG and how can i do them?
sara

4 Replies to just started

re: just started
By LDANCINGDIAMONDS
On Sat Sep 29, 2007 02:44 PM
where are there rg schools?? or do you have to go to russia to get the best training??
By hamfistPremium member
On Wed Oct 03, 2007 01:06 AM
Undoubtedly you have to go to Russia for the "best" schools! But that does not mean that you have to go there to learn flexibility and RG discipline.

What you learn is over to you; a teacher/trainer can facilitate your learning, but what you achieve is really up to you. You need dedication and discipline to work hard!

Ian (Trainer of contortionists)
By simona7
On Sun Oct 07, 2007 07:05 PM
You could start working on oversplits. Just do the splits with your front leg elevated on something like a book. Don't start with anything too heigh though. To start probably a few inches is good. When that gets easy, use something heigher. You should go to rsg.net there's a message board there with more people that can really help you out. Most people on this board dont actually do rg...

good luck!
By AnjieAngel
On Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:24 PM
Apparatus technique, apparatus technique, apparatus technique. Really. You can't do RG without it, but you can be fairly good with "normal" flexibility if you have good strength, especially in your legs.

ReplySendWatch